Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It works for Wolverine, but it feels like it's artificial still. When you have to tell me something is going to be radical, bold, or different then you know you already don't believe in the story you are telling. Just tell me that you are going to allow the character to represent itself in the most accurate way that we've never gotten to see, as well as telling the best story possible, and that is why you chose the R rating.

But to tell me it's R with a bunch of marketing buzzwords? Now I know you are full of it.
    I see buzz words like that, and instantly think of Zach Snyder, and now my mind won't move away from Wolverine being raped in prison.

It works for Wolverine, but it feels like it's artificial still. When you have to tell me something is going to be radical, bold, or different then you know you already don't believe in the story you are telling. Just tell me that you are going to allow the character to represent itself in the most accurate way that we've never gotten to see, as well as telling the best story possible, and that is why you chose the R rating.

But to tell me it's R with a bunch of marketing buzzwords? Now I know you are full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I see buzz words like that, and instantly think of Zach Snyder, and now my mind won't move away from Wolverine being raped in prison.
    I was all excited for an R Wolverine. Why you guys do dis
    (I will remain cautiously optimistic..)
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Personally I saw the final fight as mostly being about Tonys rage towards Captain America. Here's this guy whose one of his best buddies, who knew how his parents died, knew that it was his "best friend" that did it, and kept it to himself. Now Tony finds out, but he doesn't want to fight Cap, after it all he still doesn't want to hurt Cap so he takes out all his rage on the easiest target, Bucky. He only starts fighting Cap when Cap starts fighting him.

To me that last fight was far more about the anger from the betrayal from Cap America than it was to do with what Bucky actually did.
    AFAIK Cap knew Tony's parents were killed but didn't know it was Bucky. That's why his answer was "I didn't know it was him."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    AFAIK Cap knew Tony's parents were killed but didn't know it was Bucky. That's why his answer was "I didn't know it was him."
    I don't remember that line, but i've only seen it once so far, so i'll take your word for it.

man t'challas final speech at the end was amazing.

chadwick was ace casting. "You are consumed by vengeance, I will not let it consume me any MORE" *retract claws*

dude just fucking exudes royalty in every fucking scene hes in. everytime i saw panther look at somebody i was like YOU FUCKIN WIT DA GOD NOW YOU DONE FUCKED UP BIG TIME @_@

he doesnt even have to speak all that much, just his expressions and his body movements in the suit convey his emotions and attitude which is REALLY a hard thing for actors to do when their face is covered like that which is why spidey and deadpool works so much better with his mask movement and why they constantly pan to iron mans face under the mask.

as a fellow actor, kudos to chadwick in every sense of the word because his body language and voice acting was on fucking lock and you could FEEL the growth his character had in those short hours from being a reluctant diplomat standing by his father, to being a wrathful iron fisted king consumed with vengeance, to accepting it and letting go of his rage and anger. he went through like almost all the stages of grief in this one movie that whether black panther is a prequel and we dont see him presently until infinity war or whenever bp shows up next they dont have to even continue that plotline unless they want to because it was perfectly contained and resolved with his introduction.

another thing: hawkeye. hes probably going to be very underrated when people bring up civil war because.. well hes fucking hawkeye and this is a movie where cap and iron man beat eachother senseless and we see bp and spidey. but i feel like they FINALLY got hawkeye right.

that kind of laid backish, a little quipy fun hawkeye. in the avengers movies i did not like hawkeye he seemed far too 3 edgy 5 me and got too little screen time where he just didnt fit in anywhere among the avengers but in this movie he really shined and I WISH SO BAD we couldve gotten the hawkeye vs cap fight that got cut from winter soldier because it wouldve flowed into this movie SO WELL just like black widows role flowed into this. but seriously 10/10 hawkeye. the russos nailed this guy in a way whedon never could or didnt want to.

tony, i feel like they didnt convey tony being right they way they shouldve. tony acting in character was 100% but in terms of him being right, if it wasnt for cheadles performance (ESPECIALLY at the end with him talking about doing what he feels is right nomatter the consequence) and vision i feel like tony wouldve just looked like an arse. bp was only in it for wakanda and his own revenge, he didnt give a fuck about any registration act he just wanted bucky. war machine and vision were the heart and soul of the registration acts morals while the government themselves and tony both looked like mega jerks and incompetent, but again, its tony. he acted in character and theres really no way to have cap be the morally right person in this situation unless the other side is portrayed as broken.

scarlet witch?

10/10 would waifu again. shes great, shes amazing. the way they portrayed her powers was beautiful. yes she was more of a plot device than a character in this movie but i felt it worked. cap wouldve signed those accords and everything wouldve been worked out if tony hadnt treated wanda like an object instead of a person. cap was about to turn around and try and see eye to eye and then tony fucking drops the exact thing he was worried about. that the avengers would be treated like weapons or tools by the government and kept in line like theyre play thing and thats EXACTLY what tony tried to do to wanda even calling her a wmd.

Spidey. best damn spider-man ever. accurate as fuck. i was actually a little surprised just HOW young holland sounded as peter, id never seen holland in anything so i was just working off visuals i know he was meant to be 15 but honestly he reminded me more of my nephew vocally whos almost 13. but this im pretty sure was their plan.

as fucking amazing as hollands peter and spidey was, it was straight up disturbing. that whole airport scene i had knots in my stomache because on one hand i was cheering because heres my hero, this character ive loves since a child literally breathing and moving in front of my eyes (i was in imax 3d too and really, if you arent watching the marvel movies in 4k 3d you're missing out, i saw the doctor strange trailer in 4k 3d and my god damn head nearly exploded)

but, THIS IS A FUCKING KID. and they kept playing it up with spideys quotes and everything, like yeah this kid is good but HES STILL A FUCKING KID TONY WOT DA FOCK!!!?? it be one thing if this was infinity war, or avengers, or even age of ultron. those are WORLD ENDING STAKES. but no, tony just pulled a fucking kid out of queens suited him up, upgraded his gear and sent him out to get damn near beaten to death over A FUCKING ARGUMENT.

that scene where spidey is on the ground going "im good, im good i can keep going" and tony is like "you're done kid, you're done" suddenly realizing, hey this is a fucking 15 year old boy and he just almost died because of my petty bullshit. it reminded me HEAVILY of me when i was 15 and i had gotten drunk as fuck and my older cousins found me and were like "you're cut off kid, you're fuckin done" almost exact words. this was not something a 15 year old shouldve been involved in powers or not.

and peters lines "he told me you're wrong, but you think you're right" the entire fight it was clear peter had no idea what he was doing there. he was just a little kid trying to play with the big boys and pretending to act cool because stark is his hero. that was the point tony had clearly become wrong. up until then you could argue they were on the right side but thats when it was very clear, okay this is fucked up.

ant man? fucking amazing. paul rudd had it going on in this movie. every line i was crackin up "oh yeah i know you you're great" "okay arrow guy" *truck blows up and catches on fire* "AW MAN... i thought it was a water truck"

cap? perfectly cappy. was he a bit selfish? yes. but he did what he thought was right. them using caps speech from the comics in peggys funeral perfectly encapsulated cap. again, i feel war machine was caps equal in this situation, not tony. they both stood for what they thought was right, what they believed in. that fight scene between bucky and tony and cap... oh my god. the raw fucking emotions. i fucking cried watching that. it literally brought me to tears seeing these 3 RIP EACH OTHER A FUCKING PART @_@

and at the end when caps done, hes finished, hes going home. and tony like a jealous lover fucking trying to shout insults to bring him back out of anger "You dont deserve that shield, my father made that shield"

and caps just BYE FELICIA @_@ and fucking drops it like 100% b0ss

like HAVE YOUR FUCKIN SHIELD @_@ BITCH @_@ YOU THINK I NEED THIS SHIT @_@ FORGET YOU HOMIE, FORGET YOU AND YOUR SHIT AND YOUR QUINJET AND YOUR FUCKIN AVENGER BASE BITCH IM WALKING @_@

and then to see tony just lying on the ground like that, ruined, broken, just a fuckin broken shell of a fuckin man. hes lost his girl, hes lost his bessie m8's, he even lost his fucking pride and just got blasted. yeah he tried to do the right thing, he usually does, but in true iron man fashion his fucking ego fucked it all up and it blew up in his face.

and zemo? zemo was fucking beautiful. i was kind of slow on this one as i didnt really get why zemo was doing what he was doing until the end.

he wasnt even really a villain in this movie. he was just, a shell. nothing but vengeance, when he finally gets what he wants he isnt satisfied, as most people who get revenge feel.

that anger was driving him, that need for revenge fuelled his actions but like most people dealing with grief whether its drugs, or anger or whatever, thats just a mask to fill the void. until you accept it and move on its not gonna make you feel better and he knows that which is why he tries to kill himself at the end. im really interested in seeing where they take him in the future as hes kind of a blank slate now and in order to use him again theyd have to provide new motivation. he wasnt the flashy purple fabulous zemo i was expecting but he was a great character in his own right.

and now. scoop round up.

spider-man having two suits, and the way his first suit looked

spider-man, obviously lol

tony making spideys traditional suit and webshooters - while peter had made his web shooters and the webbing tony still made him new ones.

peggys death

t'chakas death

ant man, and giant man

bucky killing tonys parents

black panther wanting to go after bucky as his main motivation as well as him switching sides like spidey did in the comics

black widow being the "spy"

10/10 Would civil war again

when i first watch doctor strange, im going to take acid. so, until i see dr strange a 2nd time, my opinion on that movie and what i think happen in it might differ slightly from others lol

- - - Updated - - -

thats not what cap said. tony asked him if he knew, at first cap tried to deflect and not say but then tony pressed him harder "dont mess with me DID YOU KNOW" and cap admitted he knew, in his letter at the end he also says he didnt tell tony bucky killed his parents because he knew it would escalate things, and he told himself he was trying to save tony but he was really trying to save himself from admitting his best friend killed his other friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    so old man logan confirmed?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Civil Wars CGI looked worse than Avengers in some scenes, wouldn't some agree?

This part bugged me.

Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-05-09 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats not what cap said. tony asked him if he knew, at first cap tried to deflect and not say but then tony pressed him harder "dont mess with me DID YOU KNOW" and cap admitted he knew, in his letter at the end he also says he didnt tell tony bucky killed his parents because he knew it would escalate things, and he told himself he was trying to save tony but he was really trying to save himself from admitting his best friend killed his other friend.
    Well the exact quote is:

Tony Stark: [about his parents' deaths at Bucky's hands] Did you know?
    Steve Rogers: I didn't know it was him...
    Tony Stark: [struggling to keep his temper] Don't shit me, Rogers! Did you know?
    Steve Rogers: [hesitantly] Yes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Civil Wars CGI looked worse than Avengers in some scenes, wouldn't some agree?

This part bugged me.
    No, because unlike people who want to rip everything apart on the internet, I don't watch movies in quad slo mo where every frame looks like a jerky stop motion film. I watch it in real time, like it was intended to look, and then it looks fantastic.
    BAD WOLF

I disagree with everything you guys are saying about Tony being blind with rage after watching with some detail Winter Soldier murdering his parents. And then he can see the very person who did it standing next to him. Yea, I can understand how he could go to that emotion especially after watching it. His brilliant and rational mind took a hike when he watched his mom get murdered.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because unlike people who want to rip everything apart on the internet, I don't watch movies in quad slo mo where every frame looks like a jerky stop motion film. I watch it in real time, like it was intended to look, and then it looks fantastic.
    It was visible in real-time hence why that scene in particular got the slo-mo treatment.

The scene with BP knocking Bucky off the motorcycle too. After they roll around he stands up and faces Steve iirc and the street and his costume looked really funky, was wondering what went up there. Some spots had clunky moments that were more visible to the eye than prior installments, doesn't break the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I disagree with everything you guys are saying about Tony being blind with rage after watching with some detail Winter Soldier murdering his parents. And then he can see the very person who did it standing next to him. Yea, I can understand how he could go to that emotion especially after watching it. His brilliant and rational mind took a hike when he watched his mom get murdered.
    He was too aware of Bucky being brainwashed to do the things he did for me to be able to buy it. Even if I were to buy it, it would still be a downer that the fight between Iron Man and Captain America does not have anything to do with legislation, but Tony losing his marbles for a few minutes. It also has nothing to do with the airport scene, which is an odd choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was visible in real-time
    What was visible? Cool CGI? Ok. I've seen that scene like a thousand times by now from the trailers. Other than the bad quality of the slo mo, making it seem herky jerky, still looked fine especially since I'm watching it at normal speed as intended. But hey, anything in the quest for confirmation bias, right?

You guys see that watch gauntlet scene? "Hated it. It was one big computer".
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    What was visible? Cool CGI? Ok. I've seen that scene like a thousand times by now from the trailers. Other than the bad quality of the slo mo, making it seem herky jerky, still looked fine especially since I'm watching it at normal speed as intended. But hey, anything in the quest for confirmation bias, right?

You guys see that watch gauntlet scene? "Hated it. It was one big computer".
    Huh. Thought this was a "discuss Marvel movies among fellow fans" thread. Not a get shit on by Kelimbror because he thinks we're all out to get him with our confirmation bias agendas thread. It was choppy CGI. Since you can't see/don't care what's going on, his painted segments of the glove covering across his metacarpals appear from thin air.

I still posted on this same thread the movie was a solid 10/10, but whatever dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post

Which is why I was team Iron Man through and through this entire movie despite everyone thinking Cap was in the right and "boohoo big Brudda government scary". Steve was the one acting purely on emotional agenda and Tony was being completely rational and modest throughout. It was after seeing that scene that Tony started acting with the same emotional mindset that Steve possessed throughout the entire film.

If Bucky was any other assassin Cap would have smashed his face in. But because it's his friend and he was brainwashed suddenly he's worth tearing the Avenger's apart and ruining the public opinion of superheroes.

We interrupt this in-thread argument re: CGI in order to bring you breaking news!

Speaking to James Corden on The Late Late Show, Sharon Stone has confirmed she has a role in a future Marvel movie:

I am going to do a Marvel movie. I’m just doing a wee part in a Marvel movie, upcoming, and I can’t tell, because you know, you have to sign confidentiality agreements. But I’m going to do a wee part in a Marvel movie now. That’s it.

Naturally, this has lead to a lot of wild speculation, but the wildest? Cinemablend posits that Stone could be playing Hope’s mother and original Wasp Janet Van Dyne, returned from the Quantum Realm—simply because she describes the part as being “wee.”

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    We interrupt this in-thread argument re: CGI in order to bring you breaking news!

But lol because it isn't even fair. Like I adored this movie and have seen it twice so far and plan on seeing it more. I just can't unsee that the movie's CGI wasn't as good as what was in the Avengers movie 4 years ago. Wasn't even arguing about it so whatevs.

But lol because it isn't even fair. Like I adored this movie and have seen it twice so far and plan on seeing it more. I just can't unsee that the movie's CGI wasn't as good as what was in the Avengers movie 4 years ago. Wasn't even arguing about it so whatevs.
    Don't let it get to you too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh the CGI for Tony's suit was fucking terrible at points...

I mean he rest looked great,mouth dear god some of the iron man shots were just wrong.

As for Shazaa possibly playing Janet Van Dyne, I like it... Like MCU basic instinct
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Well the exact quote is:

Tony Stark: [about his parents' deaths at Bucky's hands] Did you know?
    Steve Rogers: I didn't know it was him...
    Tony Stark: [struggling to keep his temper] Don't shit me, Rogers! Did you know?
    Steve Rogers: [hesitantly] Yes.
    Yeah but that quote implies pretty heavily that Steve knew that it was Bucky.

Yeah but that quote implies pretty heavily that Steve knew that it was Bucky.
    Wasn't it mentioned in The Winter Soldier in some throw-away comment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Thought this was a "discuss Marvel movies among fellow fans" thread.
    Ironic you think you're getting shit on, but yet you can't accept that some people think it looks fine and have to post a ridiculous slo mo video as some sort of 'proof' that it's bad. It doesn't matter whether you say you like it, the depths people go to try and prove their opinion is correct is asinine. I and others do not agree. Either accept it and move on, or continue with an openly biased agenda.

I get your point, you think it looks terrible. Other people don't. There's really nothing to even discuss, so carrying it forward is just bashing or being biased. What else is there to talk about it? Do we need more slo mo videos dissecting minutiae of movie effects?
    Wasn't even arguing about it so whatevs.
    No, you just posted a bad video of it like it was incontrovertible proof of your opinion...and then continued to go off about it, then play a victim card like you were being repressed, etc. "No way, someone disagrees with me...this is not fair!"
    BAD WOLF