Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    “I’m not a disrespectful person,” Wade said on Sunday. “So if anybody thinks I’m being disrespectful to a country, then they don’t know who Dwyane Wade is.”
    Is he saying that he isn't disrespectful but merely an asshole?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I doubt it. He'll get a slap on the wrist this time, maybe a call from the league at best but after that who knows how it would escalate.
    If he's anything like MArk Cuban, he'll pay the fine and continue to do what he does. Cause rich people dont care about fines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If he's anything like MArk Cuban, he'll pay the fine and continue to do what he does. Cause rich people dont care about fines
    Players care about suspensions though, no matter how rich they are.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yes and then it will escalate till it does matter. Its a moot point though because he already has agreed not to do it during the anthems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    The fact that it is a non-issue for you doesn't make it a non-issue for anybody else.
    It is a non-issue, however. How you feel about it is irrelevant so long as the individual is not obligated to consider your feelings on the matter.

There is nothing you can do about at all. So commentary as such has no purpose beyond self gripes.

The player is free to do whatever he wishes in accordance with the rules of his employer and the law. Society is governed by law.

in case you haven't seen footage yet, take a look at just how "big" this "story" is:

Also, notice how many other people haven't stopped doing their jobs around the court for the anthem.
    You don't see those people, right? Just wondering :P
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2016-05-09 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    in case you haven't seen footage yet, take a look at just how "big" this "story" is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fo5DXRqXZU

Also, notice how many other people haven't stopped doing their jobs around the court for the anthem.
    And look at the numbers, how many of those people are getting 20m a year? How many of those people would it take combined to come to that figure? Do they have it in their contract that they will stand in the line for the anthems?

And look at the numbers, how many of those people are getting 20m a year? How many of those people would it take combined to come to that figure? Do they have it in their contract that they will stand in the line for the anthems?
    It means nothing how much money he makes or what his contract says. You don't honestly care about that, do you? You're just mad because other people are mad.

It means nothing how much money he makes or what his contract says. You don't honestly care about that, do you? You're just mad because other people are mad.
    Why would I be mad, the NBA has already dealt with this, and disrespect will not be tolerated.

Why would I be mad, the NBA has already dealt with this, and disrespect will not be tolerated.
    Mad was the wrong word.
    So...Why do you care?

Mad was the wrong word.
    So...Why do you care?
    Because its disrespectful and the person has to literally go out of their way by breaching a contract while being paid 20m to show his disrespect. Why do you care that I care?

Because its disrespectful and the person has to literally go out of their way by breaching a contract while being paid 20m to show his disrespect. Why do you care that I care?
    Is it disrespectful to continue his work during the anthem, or is it disrespectful to continue his work during the anthem because he gets paid more than the other people around him who were doing exactly the same thing? Why does it matter how big their business contracts are?

Is it disrespectful to continue his work during the anthem
    ? His work is to stand with the other players for the anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Some people try really-really hard to find something to be offended by...
    That is called basic courtesy. If you don't give a little respect, you won't any yourself.

? His work is to stand with the other players for the anthem.
    Answer the rest of my post:

Is it disrespectful to continue his work during the anthem, or is it disrespectful to continue his work during the anthem because he gets paid more than the other people around him who were doing exactly the same thing? Why does it matter how big their business contracts are?
    And stop pretending you have any influence in upholding the obligations in his contract. You aren't involved.

Ill be at the game on wednesday. Maybe ill go squeeze out a turd during the US anthem, while wearing my raptors hat, in protest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, the issue here is that he is being paid be there and to show respect to the anthem is in the rules he is expected to follow.
    Oh and that he claims he "isn't being rude nor egoistical" when he clearly is both is highly amusing to me. It exemplifies the US idea of "free speech", that is "noise free of consequences".
    Exactly.

The people that think that there will be no consequences crack me up.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    National anthems...lol. I'm american, and I couldn't be bothered to give a flip about ours.

" Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." ----- Albert Einstein

Answer the rest of my post:

And stop pretending you have any influence in upholding the obligations in his contract. You aren't involved.
    Why are you so mad?

But do they get paid to represent their country, are they the athletes that represent their country?