Poll: Is Blizzard your favorite game developer?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hell no.

Personally I think Bethesda is the best but then again they just make games I like. There are probably better ones.

haaaaaahahahaha... no. Blizzard's mo is to stuff as many ideas from different genres and competitor's games into a game to disguise the fact that they churn out skinner box cash grab garbage games. They aren't even a game developer anymore, more of... an idea re-purposing marketing company specializing in bad pr and draining bank accounts of man children with bad taste. It all went downhill with wow, they should have stuck with what they actually did well. Instead they all played EQ, EQ was qq too hard for them, so they made a watered down shiny soul less version of EQ, and down the hill they rolled into money and fan boy land.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not in a million years. For me, that credit goes to SuperGiant Games.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are certainly among the better ones out there no matter what the Cult of Blizz hate preaches.

Deleted
    Most consistent with their success? Probably Blizzard... or Bethesda.
    Most ethical? Apart from the indie companies, probably CD Projekt Red?

Most financial success? No idea at all, but I dread to think it's probably EA/Ubisoft/Activision. ><

7+ Year Old Account
    the best? no.
    pretty good one? yea.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Most consistent with their success? Probably Blizzard... or Bethesda.
    I think Naughty Dog takes that title. Not that I think all their games are amazing, but for the last probably 20 years they have released critical and financial hit after hit.

I cannot objectively say who "best" developer is. now, if you frame it as "are they your favorite developer" the answer is no. why? because they are veering into game genres I have little interest in. doesn't mean they are bad, or bad at it. it just means they are making more games I have no interest in playing than they make games I actualy want play.

Nah. They aren't nearly as reliable as other game developers I've known of. Their games are consistently....acceptable, but that's about as far as I can go.

That being said, I could see why people would love them, because I think the big factor that leaves me less interested in Blizzard games is how "fast foody" they are. I love their design philosophies, but they are a bit too obsessed with making sure everyone will play their games for varying reasons and various amounts that they kind of reach a point where seriously investing in any Blizzard game feels really silly and pointless to me.

Not the best, but pretty much my favorite. I've always gotten my moneys worth from their games, no matter how "bad" they were (WoD).

Anyone that is saying yes is either a White Knight or doesn't play any other games.

RockStar, Bethesda, NaughtyDog
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

I won't answer who's "best" because there are no best. Different developers have both strong and weak sides.

But are they my favorite developer? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Anyone that is saying yes is either a White Knight or doesn't play any other games.

You realize this is all opinions right? Personally, I think Grand Theft Auto is the biggest waste of developer time, but I acknowledge other people enjoy the game greatly. I just don't find the fun in it.

That being said, I wouldn't say anyone is the best game developer, since I'm not even really able to pick a favorite, but Blizzard is definitely near the top of my favorites.

I actually do. I just trust blizzard over other companies to come out with a shiny product without major bugs or issues. In my opinion they do that better than any other big developer.

But im not a fanboy. If they do some stupid shit im happy to bitch about it, unlike the white knights.

I would say that they're my favourite development team. Haven't played a blizzard game that I haven't enjoyed immensely yet besides wod, but that's just one expansion

Deleted
    Best western sure.
    But Lilith-soft pulls ahead in the more niche category.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably produce the most polished games I've played. But "the best"? Really depends on personal taste. I adore their RTS games, but everything else is not really my cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I think Naughty Dog takes that title. Not that I think all their games are amazing, but for the last probably 20 years they have released critical and financial hit after hit.
    That's a good point, but Naughty Dog havn't actually released a whole load of games in the past 20 years, and most of them have been tried and tested sequels. I guess you could say Blizzard has also done the same with expansions. >< It almost feels like Naughty Dog is cheating. xD

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    That's a good point, but Naughty Dog havn't actually released a whole load of games in the past 20 years, and most of them have been tried and tested sequels. I guess you could say Blizzard has also done the same with expansions. >< It almost feels like Naughty Dog is cheating. xD
    Naughty Dog almost seem like Daniel Day-Lewis. Every once in a while they poke their heads out, release a title, get showered in rewards and money then return to hibernation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

"White Knight", what?

I personally can't stand RockStar games. Bethesda games... good, but I prefer Bioware RPGs and the Witcher series, with more focus on the story. NaughtyDog - haven't even heard of that developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.