Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The fact my post was cherry picked from instead of fully quoted I am going to have to assume I hit the nail on the head on the rest of the points.
    Whatever you believe. I would like to talk about watchers post, and not about your personal disgust. You could actually bring something useful to the discussion.

Mostly because you, like always, assume everything is in your favor or totally against you in some silly absolute.
    Not at all. I just argument that LFR is an example for majority content. And still a component that does not receive even a small amount of developer effort to actually create engaging gameplay.

It is up to you to answer to my ideas or even not. Just discrediting my words or ad hominem doesnt bring you anywhere.

Deleted
    I am glad he made that post. It clarifies many things and hopefully widens the horizon of some people who have their own campaign while ignoring so many other players due to pure ignorance and lack of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    LFR is just so people can see the content without doing any work.. What is it you want changed? Better loot? I don't get it.
    He is your typical soap boxer. He will throw things around like "engaging" and "rewarding" but have nothing to really back it up. I want doing my taxes to be "fun" and "exciting" too. A majority of people do them. Maybe Ion should jump on board with that suit and make an in game system that does that too. Kappa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Whatever you believe. I would like to talk about watchers post, and not about your personal disgust. You could actually bring something useful to the discussion.

Not at all. I just argument that LFR is an example for majority content. And still a component that does not receive even a small amount of developer effort to actually create engaging gameplay.

It is up to you to answer to my ideas or even not. Just discrediting my words or ad hominem doesnt bring you anywhere.
    Useful enough for you to constantly reply too. Total and dominating win here for me so far. Even more so if you read this and stop replying. Or if not.. more fun being right ahead for me.

Deleted
    He is your typical soap boxer. He will throw things around like "engaging" and "rewarding" but have nothing to really back it up. I want doing my taxes to be "fun" and "exciting" too. A majority of people do them. Maybe Ion should jump on board with that suit and make an in game system that does that too.
    I have a lot to back it up. As like adding a built in raid leader. As like making LFR extrinsically rewarding based on a mixed horizontal/vertical progression system. As like not colliding with organized gameplay loot. While LFR loot still could be powerfull and rewarding exactly for those who play it.

As like giving players in LFR tasks and reward them based on the completion.. choreographed by a game system and not just by.. "lets hope this works"..

Useful enough for you to constantly reply too. Total and dominating win here so far.
    I am just amused about your bitterness. You seem to be personally appealed by blizzards design ideas.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-09 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Participations statistics. As like the ones published by MMO-C. While i only talk about participation numbers, and not why people play LFR. As i dont know it as like Shadochi doesnt know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably it would be a start to talk about how LFR could be made better, instead of asking to remove it over and over?
    Yes, that's what I asked you.

Still waiting for you to answer the actual question.

Shoot!

Deleted
    How do you actually know what most people do?
    Because Watcher said it. Name any activity in WoW. The majority doesn't do it. (except leveling up obviously)

So even your beloved LFR heroes are a minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Shoot!
    Oh i brought in some ideas. Its up to you to read them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Because Watcher said it. Name any activity in WoW. The majority doesn't do it.
    LFR. Questing. Dungeons.

There actually are majority activities. Just to act as if there is no focus on special activities isnt the right way to do it. Yes, blizzard actually focuses on special components. As like raids, in special.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-09 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

LFR. Questing. Dungeons.
    Questing yes,
    Level up dungeons yes.

LFR ? He didn't say that so no.

A minority of players do LFR. I'm gonna stop talking to you right here. You seem insanely delusional

Edit:
    Just for the record, so more people see that OP is making up stuff and hence is not worth talking to.

[...] Virtually the only activity that a clear majority of players participate in is questing and level-up dungeons, [...]
    Written by watcherDev
    source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-on-new-items/
    Last edited by mmoc5b249aa738; 2016-05-09 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Help me out here, I read through the thread but couldn't find any.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Questing yes,
    Level up dungeons yes.

LFR ?
    Actually statistics show that LFR is majority content. If you got better sources for statistical values, i would be really interested in reading them. And as i said multiple times, some years ago, Hazzikostas also wrote that LFR is being played by millions, while organized raids are only played by some thousands.

In the interview for 6.2 hazzikostas actually thanked the LFR players for paying the raid development, in special for the mythic raiders.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-09 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If we decided to focus on a specific playstyle and elevate that portion of audience above the rest, then we could certainly visibly and consistently address clear feedback from that group, but WoW would become a far smaller game in the process."

Hey that sounds familiar... Oh yeah that is exactly what happened and gave us raid or die leaving the game a graveyard.

Do you actually think argumented criticism is something negative? If, you hopefully are no game designer.
    a) What makes you think that and b) how is it relevant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Help me out here, I read through the thread but couldn't find any.
    Nevermind. Possibly you should try more often. Or go to make america great again. Thats probably better.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-05-09 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Doing a raid once does not make me a raider. Many players who use LFR use it only once to see the story. That makes the statistics we have access to useless. You could have 90% of all players do LFR but only 10% who do it continuously, for example.

Nowhere did he say that people doing LFR is a majority in wow, get out of here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    a) What makes you think that and b) how is it relevant?
    Because as a developer you should be able to handle negative criticism.

Inb4: "But your QQ isnt criticism"

Rym:

Your numbers from SOO show that 39% of players killed Garrosh (or any boss in the last wing) on LFR difficulty.

In what world does 39% equal either a majority, or 70-80% completion?

Even if you take the number of single, first boss kills (Immerseus) it was only 63%. Again, 63% =/= 70-80% that you've been saying you have "support" for.

Even then, we're only looking at numbers for at least a single kill, not people actually playing it consistently as content.

So both the numbers here and Ion's internal stats seem to agree: Even LFR is not a "majority" playstyle, as less than 50% of the players complete a given raid even once, even at the end of the 14 month SOO tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I would claim that Blizzard does know it. But that never satisfied people.
    Actually Hazzikostas didnt talk about numbers. He just declared all gamestyles minority content, while he brought up no statistics.

I mean, if its true that turned into minority content, and is not played my millions anymore, i was the first to be convinced if Hazzikostas would share current numbers.

But unfortunately, they dont publish statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    . if we had better numbers, we could argument about them.
    I wonder who has better numbers. Some person on the web or the company that runs the game. Hmm....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Rym:

Your numbers from SOO show that 39% of players killed Garrosh (or any boss in the last wing) on LFR difficulty.

In what world does 39% equal either a majority, or 70-80% completion?
    The question was, how many players played LFR. And the first 3-4 bosses actually is playing LFR.