Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    They make $5 off tokens
    I dunno (in which world) you live but in the eu that token is 20 bucks not 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    This has nothing to do with my original point: Blizzard has a financial incentive to sell gold. People having more gold, wanting to acquire more gold, and having things to spend that gold on makes them money. There is no disputing it.
    They would make a lot more money selling the spider directly through the store, so that's where your conspiracy theory falls flat on it's face. Also, like I said before rarity and limitation play a huge factor on whether people will part with real money.

It's pointless debating it though, we all know once 20+ players have this mount on a realm it's suddenly less "cool" and people forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    They would make a lot more money selling the spider directly through the store, so that's where your conspiracy theory falls flat on it's face. Also, like I said before rarity and limitation play a huge factor on whether people will part with real money.
    Again, the spider mount, specifically, has nothing to do with Blizzard selling gold. They aren't giving tokens away, or selling them at a loss. They profit every time a player buys gold.

There is no conspiracy theory. Blizzard wants players to purchase gold, otherwise, they wouldn't be selling tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The only thing that has and ever will control the amount of gold is the cap. No matter how many sinks you put in there will always be those at the cap pushing inflation up and up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Socialhealer disagrees, and if you say anything he'll threaten to send a disgusting picture of himself
    I... uh... what?
    Is there an argument going on? I lost the beginning... what did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    man you really dont like facts do you:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40230800
    Nothing you've stated/shown in this thread is fact.

As i posted in the official thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...664?page=7#136

the only people which have a problem with this are those who are against people being wealthy and showing it off, ie: supporters of Bernie Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    As i posted in the official thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...664?page=7#136

the only people which have a problem with this are those who are against people being wealthy and showing it off, ie: supporters of Bernie Sanders
    Way to try to derail the topic with american politics!

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    It's hilarious really, you have one camp which is legitmately complaining about how the price is too high, and then you have people like Socialhealer calling people stupid and threatening to send gross pictures of himself to other forum members.
    Thing is the stance of price isn't clear cut, there are people that will be objecting to the cost by itself regardless of what the mount is, but also those that take issue with a unique mount being behind such a paywall.

We got so many reskins in WOD of boars, wolves, and elekks, but as the game currently is we have 5/6 world mounts that are insects/arachnids. All of those require rep grinds to Exalted or are a store bought/Arch grind with rare drops. If they add another spider, that may be fine, although it will then likely completely demolish interest in spending 2 million gold for one.

If one is added, it will also depend how you get it. Exalted reps might work, but they've said rep grinds won't be that bad this expansion. Rare drops would also work, since people still farm Slabhide and others for drops.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Have any devs actually confirmed that's how it's going to be priced on live ? If not... Well you know it's Alpha and those sorts of things change on live, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Have any devs actually confirmed that's how it's going to be priced on live ? If not... Well you know it's Alpha and those sorts of things change on live, right ?
    Newsflash. Gold could be seriously inflated as well with the new cap. Still 1 mount for that price is not an issue. It's one out of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Blue post said price isn't gonna change

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Blue post said price isn't gonna change
    Good. Nice to have a mount that takes some farming to get to. Hopefully the whiny sods won't be listened to. Anyone complaining should realize this mount is not for them. It is for people who play the economy of the game. Hell I'm never getting it because I'm crap at gold making. And if it is an ugly ass spider like people are saying well then there is prettier stuff like the Firehawks and Astral Cloud Serpent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the only people which have a problem with this are those who are against people being wealthy and showing it off,
    Showing off with one of the most disgusting mounts ever implemented to the game. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Showing off with one of the most disgusting mounts ever implemented to the game. Great.
    Gilneas horses say hai. Oh hey guys and girls here is a brand new faction.... mounts are basically human ones without the saddle/armors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Gilneas horses say hai. Oh hey guys and girls here is a brand new faction.... mounts are basically human ones without the saddle/armors.
    It's still nowhere near as disgusting as a spider mount. Ugh. The less people have it, the better.

The more I think about this topic, the more I like 2 million for the mount. BMAH mounts that are farmable gold cap all the time, and the market rate for the Archimonde mount is 1.5 million. Expecting to see plenty of spiders in Legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good. Nice to have a mount that takes some farming to get to. Hopefully the whiny sods won't be listened to. Anyone complaining should realize this mount is not for them. It is for people who play the economy of the game. Hell I'm never getting it because I'm crap at gold making. And if it is an ugly ass spider like people are saying well then there is prettier stuff like the Firehawks and Astral Cloud Serpent.
    Except that this mount has no traders or any other special effects like 2+ seaters. And it will be most likely reused in the future. Its like paying 2m for the albino drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It's still nowhere near as disgusting as a spider mount. Ugh. The less people have it, the better.
    Subject to opinion. I think spider and insect like mounts are cool. Grinning Reaver, Amber Scorpion that sort of thing. Like I said I will never buy it because I am not the audience the mount is aimed at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The more I think about this topic, the more I like 2 million for the mount. BMAH mounts that are farmable gold cap all the time, and the market rate for the Archimonde mount is 1.5 million. Expecting to see plenty of spiders in Legion
    Mythic Archimonde (+FoS, Achievement, Monument, Title), Loot, Bonus Roll, M Mount, HC Mount & Ring upgrade are worth 1 Mil. It actually never was more worth - and my guild was the first one starting to sell it, afaik. The price is still stable.

Spider Mount will always be there, the model will most likely be reused several times... its not even worth 500k in my opinion, and I've 30m disposible gold.