Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    This is my vegan food intake for the day, how does this look like it's lacking in nourishment?=
    Maybe you can point it out, but I don't see the bar for "Delicious animal meats" consumed. Maybe you didn't set a target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and why is one of the reasons more valid than the other? Why do you need a huge muscled body. Does the end justify the means. If so, are steroids okay or whatever the shit these people take.

Then again...there actually are vegan bodybuilders. What now?

because you can be without one but not without the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Maybe you can point it out, but I don't see the bar for "Delicious animal meats" consumed. Maybe you didn't set a target.
    Sorry I let go of that target a while ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Thanks for you kind reply I'll try little by little, I really want to help save animals and get healthy.
    It's too bad that by being vegan neither of those things will happen.

If you are going for healthy, you might want to take a look at the Paleo Diet.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/paleo-diet

What You Can Eat and What You Can't

Go Paleo, and you'll eat a lot of fresh lean meats and fish, fruits, and vegetables, and healthier fats.

You can also eat:
    •Eggs
    •Nuts and seeds
    •Healthier oils, including olive oil and coconut oil

You can't eat any processed foods on this diet. And since our ancestors were hunter-gatherers, not farmers, say goodbye to wheat and dairy, along with other grains and legumes (such as peanuts and beans). Other foods to avoid:
    •Dairy
    •Refined sugar
    •Potatoes
    •Salt
    •Refined vegetable oils, such as canola

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    (This post was written while listening to The circle of life, by Elthon John)
    Mr.Hell version was better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's too bad that by being vegan neither of those things will happen.
    If there were let's say 5billion people that were vegan/vegetarian , dont you think a lot less animals would suffer? There's more than just the food industry, animal testing, clothes made out of animal produce, but the supply and demand would lessen, thus more animal lives saved. Also a lot less greenhouse gasses, which helps everyone.

Deleted

This is my vegan food intake for the day, how does this look like it's lacking in nourishment?

I do take a vitamin D3 supplement that I haven't implemented in the list. So that's a 100% too.
    While it is not lacking in terms of nutrients you are consuming too much of some things. Like more than ten times the advised intake of vitamin A. Too much of it can mess up your liver. And your everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

So no. Sorry, but that isn't a healthy diet.
    Again, balanced diet, with everything in moderation.

But that website/program/whatever looks interesting. Would you be willing to cite your sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    If you are going for healthy, you might want to take a look at the Paleo Diet.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/paleo-diet

What You Can Eat and What You Can't
    Pretty sure our ancestors ate non lean meat. Raw. They certainly didn't use olive oil. Not that it matters. I don't want to emulate people with shorter life expectancy than rockstars. Know about the 27 Club? Pretty sure not many cavemen reached it.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2016-05-09 at 08:22 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

This is my vegan food intake for the day, how does this look like it's lacking in nourishment?

I do take a vitamin D3 supplement that I haven't implemented in the list. So that's a 100% too.
    Where did you get that? Looks awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also a selection of foods that are fortified with B12 and other essential vitamins. Almond milk, soy milk, and some cereals come to mind.

The CDC also found that about 6% of the US population is B12 deficient. I doubt that 6% of the US would be full vegan. So even meat-eaters can be malnourished, while also having a higher risk of ass-cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Where did you get that? Looks awesome
    The site is called Cronometer.com it'll track any foods, meats,dairy, eggs alcohol etc.
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2016-05-09 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    meat does not have carbs. You are more likely to eat MORE carbs as vegan than as omnivore.
    Whats the word I'm looking for then? English isnt my first language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    While it is not lacking in terms of nutrients you are consuming too much of some things. Like more than ten times the advised intake of vitamin A. Too much of it can mess up your liver. And your everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

So no. Sorry, but that isn't a healthy diet.
    Again, balanced diet, with everything in moderation.

But that website/program/whatever looks interesting. Would you be willing to cite your sources?

Pretty sure our ancestors ate non lean meat. Raw. They certainly didn't use olive oil. Not that it matters. I don't want to emulate people with shorter life expectancy than rockstars. Know about the 27 Club? Pretty sure not many cavemen reached it.
    The vitamin A certainly is on the higher side, but that isn't hard to fix. you can have a perfectly fine balanced vegan diet if you do your research. I've only been vegan for about a month and a half and I'm still learning a lot of things about food. Balancing things out near perfectly will take time but it's achievable. Besides meat has a lot of Vitamin A too.

Vitamin A also requires fat to be absorbed properly and my diet isn't really high in fats.

When you look at where the majority of my vitamin A comes from, it's mainly just the spinach.
    When I remove it from the list it's only 289% at 6k ui with the max safe dosage being 10k.

Everybody who basically eats 200 grams of spinach would be in the "dangerous" levels of Vitamin A.
    In the end you don't know how much of everything gets abosorbed into your gut as it depends on a lot of dietary factors, for all you know it's only 50-75%
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2016-05-09 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    No way you can say no to this and still call yourself a man!

I would buy that steak dinner, and treat it like the classy girl it is....before I bring it home and devour it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Whats the word I'm looking for then? English isnt my first language.
    fat probably

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I would buy that steak dinner, and treat it like the classy girl it is....before I bring it home and devour it.
    A cold steak? Masochist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    A cold steak? Masochist.
    Oh...no no no...we'd be getting things heated up first.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Howdy OP.

A lot of posters replying to you have Anime avatars and post on the My Litte Pony thread - don't let people with stupid priorities and living conditions shit on yours.
    Oh the irony.

I have noticed it's the cool new thing on the internet now-a-days to hate on vegans.

Personally, I switched to a vegetarian diet a few months back and I have immense respect for those who go vegan. I am too much of a food addict to cut out loads of sweets and certain foods.
    I would advise going vegetarian first too. I can imagine the transition is large if you go vegan straight away.

A man isn't a man unless it eats meat. Hah yeah sure. A man does whatever he wants.
    Who is more a man? One who follows the masses or the man who tries to make a difference in the world, how small it might be and going against the norm of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    How is not eating meat saving animals as some else would be buying it and eating it in the end anyway lol...
    Ever heard of supply and demand?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but that article is fucking retarded. What kind of fucking points are "All the cool kids are doing it" Yea, so we should all be like paul walker and go speeding in 40 mph zones? Not just that but other points like "pigs are smarter than your dog". This article didn't convince me to become a vegan, but it did make me think most vegans share this same mindset.

Personally I've tried a vegan diet. Did 30 days of vegan and I can say without a doubt it's not meant for me. Getting protein through a vegan diet is a pain in the ass. You have to consume so much just to get 1.5x your bodyweight in protein. Maybe for the normal person a vegan diet might not be so bad, but when you're trying to put on mass, eating that much rice/beans and lentils becomes disgustingly exhausting. I just hate it when vegans say being an omnivore is unhealthy... no it's not. There's moderation and it can be applied to anything. I eat meat every single day and according to my doctor I'm perfectly healthy. I don't go out and buy the fattiest cuts of beef/pork for every meal. I might indulge a couple times a week but most of the meat I consume is lean protein such as white fishes and chicken.

I think the biggest thing that annoyed me from the article is the saving animals part. You aren't saving the animals. If we all decided to go vegan, those animals would die off, they'd go instinct. They're domestic farm animals for a reason and almost have no wild instincts in them. Someone I play softball is a vegetarian that eats fish. Atleast she has the balls to admit that she only eats fish because she can't personify it as much as she does livestock.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.