Thread: Season 6

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    On one hand, I want to keep playing LoN Bomb Crus when I hopefully get all my pieces. On the other hand, it's boring as fuck. Would anyone suggest another build, maybe?

I've found that just running around and grouping them up before obliterating the lot worked for me. Inna's may be a bit more difficult with the Allies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, that sucks a lot. i mean, cannot density be through all the rift more or less the same? Sometimes you fine 5 elites in a room, sometimes zero.
    Doesn't density increase with GR level as well, or does it just feel like it because you end up grouping stuff up more because it lives longer? More consistency would be absolutely amazing, though(even if getting the Caverns of Araneae level with 4 elites in each "hub" area is pretty cool, it just doesn't happen enough :P)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I've found that just running around and grouping them up before obliterating the lot worked for me. Inna's may be a bit more difficult with the Allies though.
    Yeah, it really is. The allies just go kill everything and you can't tell them to stop it, and you can't just not use Allies either because... well, the point of the dungeon is that you're meant to use them. But just in general set dungeons honestly don't show that you've "mastered" the playstyle, they show that you're at exactly the right gear level(not lower, not higher) or are capable of unequipping enough gear to "simulate" the appropriate gear level.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Personally i think they should scale to your gear. Doing it as a raekors barb was a nightmare. The number of times i hit 14 mobs instead of the required 15? ran out of time twice as well. I recommend just putting on a poop weapon since that's the majority of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, it really is. The allies just go kill everything and you can't tell them to stop it, and you can't just not use Allies either because... well, the point of the dungeon is that you're meant to use them. But just in general set dungeons honestly don't show that you've "mastered" the playstyle, they show that you're at exactly the right gear level(not lower, not higher) or are capable of unequipping enough gear to "simulate" the appropriate gear level.
    Yeah, they feel so gimmicky, for the most part.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2016-05-08 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Holy hell, thanks for telling me that one. So much more fun that LoN bombard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Holy hell, thanks for telling me that one. So much more fun that LoN bombard.
    Stutterstepperdin is "fun" if you like ruining your wrist and your mouse. Other than that, it's one of the worst realized sets in Diablo as far as mechanics go, and a bit of a text book example of how little the developers actually seem to play the game because had they really played the hammerdin for a couple hours back when they came up with this bullshit way of playing, they would've never implemented it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Apparently they've nerfed the rift bar progression to shit as I can't get anywhere near <2min on my Raekor even on an extremely rare high density rift with plenty of pylons (for Nemesis), and I basically oneshot everything.

Another one of these "hey we noticed you like doing stuff solo, so fuck you, now you can't" -moves from Mosqueira.
    2 minute solo clears have almost always required perfect rift RNG, like, super perfect rift that has 20 elite packs charging at you as soon as you step out the door, and all mobs are of the large type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    2 minute solo clears have almost always required perfect rift RNG, like, super perfect rift that has 20 elite packs charging at you as soon as you step out the door, and all mobs are of the large type.
    I ran 2 minute rifts last season on a Raekor left and right. I finished one solo by accident, then did one for my friend who I basically carried in a two-man, and then did it a third time (was reminded about this just yesterday by my friend as we were doing it again) for a clanmate with my friend in tow again, meaning I carried two others through it. Sure, they collected some of the orbs and did kill some stuff no doubt but they were very poorly geared, and I don't think either were even doing T10s at the time.

Compared to this season, it's been so, so much harder. My new Raekor is about the same, with the same IK6R4 spec as last time, around the same paragons, but I just didn't get close. I mean, <3mins constantly but I don't consider 2.5min "close" to <2min. Finally got it with a friend yesterday, although this time I wasn't carrying anyone; he was rocking a pretty good fire bell monk spec and clearing rooms fast, and we got one of those "perfect rifts", a single level jail, but even so it was a bit tight. I had no wimpy shoulders so had I been hit as I was teleporting back, we probably wouldn't have made it.

So I don't know... My anecdotal, personal experience evidence of doing rifts last season and doing rifts this season is definitely suggesting that there's some noticeable difference. Whether it's density or bar progression I have no clue.

Doesn't density increase with GR level as well, or does it just feel like it because you end up grouping stuff up more because it lives longer? More consistency would be absolutely amazing, though(even if getting the Caverns of Araneae level with 4 elites in each "hub" area is pretty cool, it just doesn't happen enough :P)
    Don't think so as first of all i don't even get near GR90 for example (i just go up to the conquest and than never again, i find high GR playstyle utterly slow and boring :P) and second i don't play really smart (until it's needed) and kill everything that moves most of the time.

As you said, more consistency.

Which brings me to another point: supposedly "best builds". Unfortunately those builds are setup with a mindset implying you're going 2k+ paragon in a season and you can put yourself to GR fishing until you find the right one (which changes depending on build/class).

Yes, all classes love density, but some build like Raekor and old WW require pretty good density all around, while other builds are more lenient on this.

Just FYI, 100+ pushing requires around 200 keys each level to just find the right rift so you actually have a chance to complete it. Most runs are cut off around 10% if the rift isn't good enough. Also worth mentioning that past decent levels farming XP is all about no-boss runs.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Stutterstepperdin is "fun" if you like ruining your wrist and your mouse. Other than that, it's one of the worst realized sets in Diablo as far as mechanics go, and a bit of a text book example of how little the developers actually seem to play the game because had they really played the hammerdin for a couple hours back when they came up with this bullshit way of playing, they would've never implemented it.
    After being bored to death, this is a much welcome change from LoN Bomb. I was just going to reroll for the season if I didn't get a change in quick.

I don't get how class balance goes from bad to ok more then 1 class is good to horrible

Season 1: 73% Barbs because pylon fishing with raekor
    Season 2: 32% Barbs/33% Monk/25% DH were all pretty close
    Season 3: 42% DH, 24% Wiz and 19% Barb
    Season 4: 83% Monk, nothing but Monks
    Season 5: 57% Wiz, 34% Crusader
    Season 6: 91% Wiz, still pretty early but I can see Wizards moving into the 100's solo pretty easily, Alkaizer did a 97 in 2 attempts

Oddly enough, I leveled up a Wiz to play with a friend and managed to gamble 2 piece Firebird pretty quickly (yay!). Damn the build for that looks strange, not sure how I feel about it. Still running with total potato build/gear but Wiz is pretty fun so far.

I geared up my barb stupidly fast and had excellent RNG early on. Now i'm at the point in the season that I absolutely hate. Leveling gems just to put them into gear to level more gems. I know D3 is a grinding game, i get it and support it, but ugh just so mind numbingly boring.

I geared up my barb stupidly fast and had excellent RNG early on. Now i'm at the point in the season that I absolutely hate. Leveling gems just to put them into gear to level more gems. I know D3 is a grinding game, i get it and support it, but ugh just so mind numbingly boring.
    started playing group this season, and now managed to fill my friendslist a little. What you mention is what i loathed last season, but with a group and being on skype it actually became one of the most enjoyable things in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    started playing group this season, and now managed to fill my friendslist a little. What you mention is what i loathed last season, but with a group and being on skype it actually became one of the most enjoyable things in the game.
    Problem for me is finding a group that actually wants to do it. Majority of my friends I would normally do it with have already stopped for the season or aren't pushing as hard as they use to :/

Yeah, grinding gems is my least favorite part of the game. Because they just get a bit stronger each time after 25, they're not actually new cool items(and very few if any actually change how you play at all). And then you even have to spend them to upgrade gear? Just... no, screw Caldesann's.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah, grinding gems is my least favorite part of the game. Because they just get a bit stronger each time after 25, they're not actually new cool items(and very few if any actually change how you play at all). And then you even have to spend them to upgrade gear? Just... no, screw Caldesann's.
    Well upgrading the gems that I use feels good to me as I notice the impact every 5 or so levels of an upgrade so that's nice. I did a 71 with a 60 Bane of The Stricken, took me about 1 min to kill the RG. Happened to get the same RG on a 73 with a 65 Bane of The Stricken and thing died in no time at all. So that part feels great. It's mainly the caldesann's aspect that I find annoying. I literally farm GR's to farm higher GR's and put 70+ level gems in my gear to just push to even higher GR's and do it all over again. Seems fairly pointless in the end of it all.

Yeah, I'm not a fan at all of how gearing works in D3. Between the "GET SET OR GET OUT" mentality which is pretty limiting for builds and the importance placed on gem grinding it's just...bleh. Boring and uninteresting to me, I'd rather farm for better and better gear than just level up those gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a fan at all of how gearing works in D3. Between the "GET SET OR GET OUT" mentality which is pretty limiting for builds and the importance placed on gem grinding it's just...bleh. Boring and uninteresting to me, I'd rather farm for better and better gear than just level up those gems.
    Yeah, same. But I think the LoN set works pretty well(not a lot of super insane builds, but it does allow set-less builds to be a thing), even if the sets get dumber with every season.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU