Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post

I think the biggest thing that annoyed me from the article is the saving animals part. You aren't saving the animals. If we all decided to go vegan, those animals would die off, they'd go instinct. They're domestic farm animals for a reason and almost have no wild instincts in them. Someone I play softball is a vegetarian that eats fish. Atleast she has the balls to admit that she only eats fish because she can't personify it as much as she does livestock.
    They'd probably go extinct, what farmer in his right mind would want to take care of hundreds of cows that wont make any profit?
    The only reason cows and other farm animals are alive is because we keep them alive for our sake, other than that they don't have any purpose really or not that much, they don't get fed on in the wild because they don't live there, they are only part of our food chain.

This probably sounds weird coming from a vegan, but animals cost money and when there is nothing to be gained from them in any form, nobody wants to have them.
    So the only thing I can see people do is letting them die off.
    Either way animal " exploitation" wont ever stop, because unfortunately we still depend on animals for way to many things and I don't see that ending any time soon, but people can help reduce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Oh the irony.
    It isn't irony, it's a retaliatory remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It isn't irony, it's a retaliatory remark.
    yeah your pic is so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    yeah your pic is so much better
    Say wha now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    looks gross. all that pink crap. pink is for sissies.
    What if I told you that was a cut of Draenei?
    Putin khuliyo

https://munchies.vice.com/en/article...for-the-planet This article shows vegan diet being better for environment is a sham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Being vegan is not more healthy.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    In order to become a vegan, you must first eat a vegan which requires cannibalism. It's not worth it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    It was prescribed by a doctor, so I know it's good for my body.
    Funniest shit in this entire thread...

Yes humans are omnivores, but over the past several thousand years different groups of humans in different parts of the world have gotten their meat from different sources. Many didn't cows and pigs at all and did perfectly fine.

We have a choice just like we do with other natural human instincts. We can choose to take dumps in a toilet instead of in other people's yards. We can choose not to rape someone every time our brain tells us to procreate.

You don't have to eat a pig. You don't have to support the current meat industry. You may not want to go full vegan, but there's a lot of space between that would not only be better for you personally, but everyone else too.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-05-10 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop eating meat is a good start

Step one. Don't be Vegan gains ( Google him at your own risk )
    Step two. Don't consume anything animal based.
    Step three: do your research and figure out which Vegan foods you should eat to get all the necessary amino acids, vitamins and Minerals.

That last part is super important because Meat and dairy products contains alot of vital Minerals,vitamins and amino acids, going without those can cause long term damage.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2016-05-10 at 12:26 AM.

Funny thread especially Xirrohon which reminds me of Ulmita in the way that he denies anything that doesnt go with his worldview and spew false information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Someone on my Facebook who recently linked an article on ways to go vegan. The article is old but it kind of made me want to try a vegan diet. I also watched some videos and saw how bad animals are treated. I want to live longer, have more energy and help the environment and my body, any tips on how to start a vegan diet?
    first get a steak
    then cut it up into small pieces
    then fry it.
    Eat and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    If you want to live longer, have more energy, and save animals, the vegan diet is not for you.

This diet is notoriously deficient in a host of nutrients, to the point of developing mental disorders. Also, many, many animals die as a result of plant agriculture due to land clearance, monocrops, and farming machinery.
    Source? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Start off by telling everyone you are going to be one, and keep reminding them non-stop untill you have completed the transformation.

Then proceed telling everyone that you now are a vegan at least 30 times a day untill someone finally snaps and uses a Mortal Kombat fatality move on you.

(This post was written while listening to The circle of life, by Elthon John)
    Pretty spot on new vegans are much like new cross fit people. They will not shut up about it and act like they have cracked the mystery of life and everybody else is an idiot. Never mind the fact they are new to it and just stopped being the people they bitch about. If you want to be a vegan stop eating animal byproducts and figure out how to get protein without it, it is that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    The first step is to tell everyone that you're a vegan, whether or not they asked.
    You know in an effort to make sure everybody is treated the same we must announce all things about ourselves that might be different.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Funny thread especially Xirrohon which reminds me of Ulmita in the way that he denies anything that doesnt go with his worldview and spew false information.
    Please tell me what false information Ive given. You all are nothing but falling for all the BS information being fed to you by the meat and dairy industry. Its very sad how you all believe the information about nutrition that you read in Mens Health, Maxim or Cosmo instead of actually reading peer reviewed studies. Idc, do whatever you guys want but Im not going to sit here and spoon feed you on why eliminating meat from your diet will be a good thing. Go learn stuff on your own for once. Im not here to teach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Please tell me what false information Ive given. You all are nothing but falling for all the BS information being fed to you by the meat and dairy industry. Its very sad how you all believe the information about nutrition that you read in Mens Health, Maxim or Cosmo instead of actually reading peer reviewed studies. Idc, do whatever you guys want but Im not going to sit here and spoon feed you on why eliminating meat from your diet will be a good thing. Go learn stuff on your own for once. Im not here to teach you.
    Yes, the fact humans have evolved for thousands of years as omnivores is certainly not sufficient evidence that our diets should have a balance (including meats and dairy, etc).....ok....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Source? /10char
    Human knowledge.

Vegan diet causing neurological disorders in infants

Deficiency of vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium, B12, omega 3s, iron, and zinc in vegan diets

Vitamin B deficiency's role in development of neurological disorders

Vegans requiring supplementation to meet nutritional requirements

Animals killed during harvesting, harm to animals of plant vs animal agriculture

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    As a biologist who does read peer reviewed studies every day - many of which are in the field of nutrition - I can comfortably say that you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Someone on my Facebook who recently linked an article on ways to go vegan. The article is old but it kind of made me want to try a vegan diet. I also watched some videos and saw how bad animals are treated. I want to live longer, have more energy and help the environment and my body, any tips on how to start a vegan diet?
    If you want to live longer and healthier, be sure to exercise and control your food, but you don't want to cut out meat. Yes, there are more calories in meat than your average salad, but there's also a lot of nutrients that you have to get from other sources. You also don't feel more energetic from sticking to veggies only, it's some nonsense that they advocated based on your memory of eating too much of rich food, and feeling tired. Meat is not bad for you!
    However, the other arguments are true. Too many animals suffer in industrial farms, and it should change, even if that meant significantly more expensive meat.
    Mother pus bucket!