Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Subject to opinion. I think spider and insect like mounts are cool. Grinning Reaver, Amber Scorpion that sort of thing. Like I said I will never buy it because I am not the audience the mount is aimed at.
    Unfortunately of those mounts, there are only about half a dozen in game, and most of which need either a rep of materials grind.

Water striders both need exalted, as does the Klaxxi one. Grinning Reaver is store bought. Ultramarine AQ mount is from Tol'vir archeology frags, so the rarest frag type needing a rare drop, of which there are again about half a dozen.

I'd love to have this spider mount, I like arachnids and insects, but I can't see a single item being worth dropping 2 million gold for.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose View Post
    Unfortunately of those mounts, there are only about half a dozen in game, and most of which need either a rep of materials grind.

Water striders both need exalted, as does the Klaxxi one. Grinning Reaver is store bought. Ultramarine AQ mount is from Tol'vir archeology frags, so the rarest frag type needing a rare drop, of which there are again about half a dozen.

I'd love to have this spider mount, I like arachnids and insects, but I can't see a single item being worth dropping 2 million gold for.
    True but I have the Reaver, Striders and Scorpion. Tol'vir Archaeology can go to hell though.

Tol'vir Archaeology can go to hell though.
    agreed not because it's rare because archaeology is bot worthy, it's literally fly fly fly dig dig dig fly fly fly dig dig dig, it requires no thought no skill it's just the same shit from level 1 to level 700 and it never changes, got about 300 solves myself no mount, please make archaeology fun blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Not sure if 5k back then is either 50k or 200k now. Gold value has definitely been multiplied by more than 5.
    i would say 5k in wrath is like 50k now those are the 2 best points to compare

as doing every quest in wrath would get you about 6, and doing every quest in wod will get you allmost 50

- - - Updated - - -

True but I have the Reaver, Striders and Scorpion. Tol'vir Archaeology can go to hell though.
    guess you missed the bug, during pandaria the item that turned all digsites in pandaria to mantid

well anywhere else every time you entered a zone woudl reset your digsites, so me (and lots of others) used this to get our mount, by sitting in ulduam, going in and out of zone till like 2-3 digsites appeared, gathered them, then reset them again, allowing us to do just tolvir digsites, i got it in a and a half day of basicly constant farming

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    i would say 5k in wrath is like 50k now those are the 2 best points to compare

as doing every quest in wrath would get you about 6, and doing every quest in wod will get you allmost 50

- - - Updated - - -

guess you missed the bug, during pandaria the item that turned all digsites in pandaria to mantid

well anywhere else every time you entered a zone woudl reset your digsites, so me (and lots of others) used this to get our mount, by sitting in ulduam, going in and out of zone till like 2-3 digsites appeared, gathered them, then reset them again, allowing us to do just tolvir digsites, i got it in a and a half day of basicly constant farming
    Ahh guess I did. Tbh Idm if I don't get one of the bug mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Mythic Archimonde (+FoS, Achievement, Monument, Title), Loot, Bonus Roll, M Mount, HC Mount & Ring upgrade are worth 1 Mil. It actually never was more worth - and my guild was the first one starting to sell it, afaik. The price is still stable.

Spider Mount will always be there, the model will most likely be reused several times... its not even worth 500k in my opinion, and I've 30m disposible gold.
    On several servers the going rate is 1.5 and has been steady since December. I've been shopping since then on 10+ servers, hoping the price would eventually drop. I've seen 2 million, 1.5 million and prices in between but I've never seen it for 1 million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superfula View Post
    On several servers the going rate is 1.5 and has been steady since December. I've been shopping since then on 10+ servers, hoping the price would eventually drop. I've seen 2 million, 1.5 million and prices in between but I've never seen it for 1 million.
    Then you obviously don't play on EU or populated realms.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Then you obviously don't play on EU or populated realms.
    EU, no. However the US realms I keep an eye on are all top 20 for most populated.

A casual will never make that much. I'd consider myself casual, and making 20K gold takes a long time, much less over a million.

Quote Originally Posted by superfula View Post
    EU, no. However the US realms I keep an eye on are all top 20 for most populated.
    lol then US realms are taking the piss, they will sell wow tokens for 45k, swift spectrals for 650k, while on EU its 85k and 2-3m, but they charge 50-100% more for the archimonde mount? wut.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol then US realms are taking the piss, they will sell wow tokens for 45k, swift spectrals for 650k, while on EU its 85k and 2-3m, but they charge 50-100% more for the archimonde mount? wut.
    If I recall the price of WoW tokens is determined by Blizzard depending on how many people buy tokens from the store and how many people buy those tokens from the AH. If the price is lower in the US then that just means the demand is lower.

So, is this like, everything that costs in game gold now is done by blizzard to sell tokens? Is that what I'm getting from the recent posts?

I don't understand why everyone is crying that a mount bought with gold = everyone should get it with ease (its too expensive)? It's a prestige mount. If you raid and do good, you get a special snowflake mount. If you PVP and you do good, you get a special snowflake mount. If you dedicate weeks/months waiting around for for a rare spawn to spawn and drop you a mount, you get a special snowflake mount.

This is no different. If you are good at hoarding gold, you get a special snowflake mount (the spider). I don't see the problem. If you are already a die-hard collector of mounts with a hoard of special snowflake mounts, surely the 2 million gold challenge is suitable for you. If you already have 2 million gold, grats, get your mount on launch. If not yet, well take yourself up to the challenge and start earning gold, be it through clicking a table, killing old raid bosses, playign the auction house, or whatever strategy you come up with to meet that goal. The mount isn't for everyone, be it aesthetics or "it's too hard/too much gold". But the game has a lot already handed to you on a silver platter these days.

Having a challenge presented to you is a good change of pace. inb4 AH players come in here saying 2 million gold isn't a challenge; What comes naturally to you doesn't come naturally to every other person, such as your parents having the hardest of time trying to use a computer while using one is natural behavior to you, as an example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    If I recall the price of WoW tokens is determined by Blizzard depending on how many people buy tokens from the store and how many people buy those tokens from the AH. If the price is lower in the US then that just means the demand is lower.
    or the suply is higher

Ahh guess I did. Tbh Idm if I don't get one of the bug mounts.
    yeah at this point i wouldnt, i would just buy the store mount, yeah it sucks but the time isent really worth it.. unless you reallly like blue, but when the bug was a thing it was super easy to get

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

FALSE.

The US token was introduced first, at a 30k price, while the EU token much later, at 35k. The token price fluctuation algorithm has also received various teakes since the token implementation, being more flexible when implemented in US and stricter when implemented in EU. Also, there are valid concerns that the Eastern European players (with lower RL incomes) are buying the majority of tokens to save RL cash and their numbers exceed the Western European players who might purchase a token from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Not many. I've heard so many people complain about not making aloy of gold, compared to the people like me who made a decent amount. Alot of it came from people simply not wanting to play "farmville" even though it gave them the ability to do whatever they liked. Buying mythic full clears is easily possible
    its blind luck mission wise.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I don't actively seek out gold, and I liek to have twice as much on hand to purchase something..so yes 2milion is a bit much for me, I don't even have the 100k to drop on the yak,,shrug, thats ok with me though

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    A casual will never make that much. I'd consider myself casual, and making 20K gold takes a long time, much less over a million.
    whenever i read this im like ... how ? how the hell can logging in 1 a day for 30 seconds to make a daily profession cd be too much effort for "casual players" if you logged in just 1 per day and kill kazzak 1 per week you can craft 1 item per month which alonge shoudl give you 35k gold a month giving total of 400k per year - and then people say bs like they have problem to make 20k >< unbeliveable :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    FALSE.

while the EU token much later, at 35k..
    and then at some point they dropped to 31k - thats when people should have made 3 years supply to save milions of gold when their prices risen - thats why rich are gettin richer becasue they have liquid assest ready to invest whnever oportunity strikes. thats why i will play the game for 3 years for +/- 1 mln gold while little timmy will spend 4-6 mln in that time still being happy that he plays "for free" while ill save that amount of gold by simply not spending it at all while he will -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    whenever i read this im like ... how ? how the hell can logging in 1 a day for 30 seconds to make a daily profession cd be too much effort for "casual players" if you logged in just 1 per day and kill kazzak 1 per week you can craft 1 item per month which alonge shoudl give you 35k gold a month giving total of 400k per year - and then people say bs like they have problem to make 20k >< unbeliveable :/

- - - Updated - - -

and then at some point they dropped to 31k - thats when people should have made 3 years supply to save milions of gold when their prices risen - thats why rich are gettin richer becasue they have liquid assest ready to invest whnever oportunity strikes. thats why i will play the game for 3 years for +/- 1 mln gold while little timmy will spend 4-6 mln in that time still being happy that he plays "for free" while ill save that amount of gold by simply not spending it at all while he will -_-
    In what game you have only income and no expenses? Can I move in too please?

Maybe little timmy will simply not be subbed if theres no content, while you feel obligated to use your cheap token (otherwise it's a waste that they are lying around in your bag) and play a subpar game. Maybe you play 1 year from your cheap token that is a content drought, supporting a game studio that doesn't give a fuck about delivering continous content for their customers, while Timmy plays other games. Maybe timmy rather pays 13 eur a month to play wow when it's good rather than strain himself to save up gold for tokens.
    Maybe wow gets shut down in 3 years and all your remaining tokens will be a waste of gold in your bags.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-10 at 07:40 AM.