Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Spoilers] Should XXXXX have been given a Heroic death?

Varian Wrynn was one of the most iconic and important characters in Warcraft history, yet he basically went out like a chump being taken out by a handful of Gul'dan's minion's.

I think they should have given a character like Varian with such importence a heroic death, like going toe to toe with Gul'dan but coming up short, or sacrificing himself to save Jaina.

Thoughts?

RIP My Sweet King

Last edited by Khadgar; 2016-05-09 at 10:11 PM.

No. He should have become the final raid boss for a raid called "Siege of Stormwind"

It would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    No. He should have become the final raid boss for a raid called "Siege of Stormwind"
    Why?

1. We haven't seen how he dies yet.
    2. it wasn't a handful of demons. it was a lot of the most powerful demons we have ever faced that were there. i suggest watching the questline again and reading the names of the demons. it's amazing that more didn't die there, considering the amount of powerful demons that were there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRocks View Post
    1. We haven't seen how he dies yet.
    2. it wasn't a handful of demons. it was a lot of the most powerful demons we have ever faced that were there. i suggest watching the questline again and reading the names of the demons. it's amazing that more didn't die there, considering the amount of powerful demons that were there.
    Mostly just Infernals, Felguards, Doomguards from what I saw.

We had Varian + Genn + Jaina + plus your character (who is only a notch below them), and a handful of other allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    Mostly just Infernals, Felguards, Doomguards from what I saw.

We had Varian + Genn + Jaina + plus your character (who is only a notch below them), and a handful of other allies.
    Re-watch the scenario. Most of the Legion's named baddies were in that pack of demons.

Also, we haven't even seen the cinematic yet, so it's sort of impossible to tell that he doesn't sacrifice himself.

Either that or he's not actually dead, or he pulls a superman and rises after a few weeks/months pass by.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - You have no idea how he dies yet.

2 - They're not handful of random demons, it's basicly almost every named demon we've fought in this game.

Why the spoiler title dude? Just cause this is the legion forum doesn't mean everyone is playing the alpha, Christ.

Should the title have spoiler tags? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Why the spoiler title dude? Just cause this is the legion forum doesn't mean everyone is playing the alpha, Christ.
    If people don't want spoilers for a new expansion, maybe don't be in the forum about the new expansion...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    no because he is not a orc. /s

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If people don't want spoilers for a new expansion, maybe don't be in the forum about the new expansion...
    Or maybe just be a considerate player? Not hard to mark the thread title it has spoilers in it. Specially the death of a major character, I mean wow.

Heaven forbid people are looking in the forum for something simple like; changes to transmog system, changes to class mechanics ect. ect. Y'know, not all things are spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Or maybe just be a considerate player? Not hard to mark the thread title it has spoilers in it. Specially the death of a major character, I mean wow.
    Sure, people should be considerate, but people also shouldn't go into a spoiler filled environment and complain about spoilers...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wet Red Sword View Post
    Heaven forbid people are looking in the forum for something simple like; changes to transmog system, changes to class mechanics ect. ect. Y'know, not all things are spoilers.
    Changes to classes/specs/systems are still spoilers since you're becoming aware of it before it gets into the game, that's what a spoiler is...

*warning* asshole OP *warning* asshole OP.

shoulda used spoiler tags.

Changes to classes/specs/systems are still spoilers since you're becoming aware of it before it gets into the game, that's what a spoiler is...
    Because clearly, I didn't mean lore spoilers or anything. I mean, only a blockhead would think I did. If you're arguing to argue, I'm not wasting time.

Fucking dickhead, have you ever heard of spoiler alert?

Quote Originally Posted by Wet Red Sword View Post
    Because clearly, I didn't mean lore spoilers or anything. I mean, only a blockhead would think I did. If you're arguing to argue, I'm not wasting time.
    Right, so it's okay to spoil mechanics changes to those who'd rather not see them but not okay to spoil story? By it's very nature a new content forum will spoil new content. Would it have been nice for him to put spoiler tags? Sure, should you get pissy for a spoiler posted in a place for spoilers? Not really.

In the Illidan book he is marked by the Naruu and given a vision of redemption. The Naruu tells him, however, that it will come at a price- he has to die first. Fast forward a bit and we kill him at the Black Temple. There was reference to Vol'Jin saying he was going to look for help. I hypothesize that both Vol'Jin and Varian were also approached and marked by the Naruu to be reborn again as champions of the light- like Illidan. They too presumably must pay the price for this transformation necessitating their demise. This would also tie in to Anduin leading the army of the light as he has now assumed a mantle of leadership and through the crucible of the Legion expansion, and presumably at least one more, he will grow into the leader Blizzard had intended him to be.

So there is a very real possibility of Vol'Jin and Varian both dying, not de facto resurrecting or being raised as forsaken, but still able to re-appear in the story later on. It will be interesting to see where we are after this expansion and how much our characters know of the void lords.