Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I think trump has a good chance to flip the black vote.
    I think you mean "has a good chance to to have the black vote flip him off", because otherwise you're even more delusional than usual.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...311-story.html

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    And I'm a Democrat who would rather vote Trump than Clinton.

And that, boys and girls, is balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    The context was provided. He answered to a question. ""Do you believe that we, in terms of the United States, need to pay a hundred cents on the dollar, or do you think that there's actually ways that we can renegotiate that debt?"

To which he replied:"I have borrowed, knowing that you can pay back with discounts. And I have done very well, I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal, and if the economy was good, it was good, so, therefore, you can't lose."

If you want to say that he didn't know what he was talking about and spewing nonsense yet again feel free.

Oh if you aren't pro-Trump I apologize. You just posted like you were.
    I loved that statement, it was announcing he was willing to default on national debt.....that may work for him in his what? 4-5 bankruptcies, but you cant do that as a nation. its catastrophic to have your interest levels changed even a small amount for nations, he'd fuck the US credit rating and that would have disastrous effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    If you don't jump on board 100%, you aren't a true X!

Spoken like a true liberal...
    There's nothing about Trump's campaign that is Democratic though. It makes no sense for a liberal to turn to Trump over Hillary.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Trump seems like the more likeable candidate, is the bizarre thing. Hillary could skin an infant with a rusty spoon and consume its flesh without batting an eye.

If I didn't know Ted Cruz was the Zodiac Killer, I'd assume she is.
    I never understood all the Cruz hate, like I see it everywhere but nobody ever talks about why its there. Maybe its just a meme that I haven't got yet.

But yes, I will be voting for Trump and not Hillary. At the very least, a Trump presidency will be entertaining, while a Hillary presidency will just be gag-inducing.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I loved that statement, it was announcing he was willing to default on national debt.....that may work for him in his what? 4-5 bankruptcies, but you cant do that as a nation. its catastrophic to have your interest levels changed even a small amount for nations, he'd fuck the US credit rating and that would have disastrous effects.
    And also violates the Constitution. Faith and Credit clause. It's why he is busy trying to walk it back. But in doing so he advocated printing money to cover the debt. Which of course a sure fire route to inflation and the raising of interest rates. And then launched into yet another pile of TrumpTalk which suggest he still doesn't understand that Sovereign debt is different than the debts he defaulted on in his businesses.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Clinton either, but yeah, to keep Trump out? Yeah. We have no use for his unabashed bigotry, poor business decisions, and warmongering ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I never understood all the Cruz hate, like I see it everywhere but nobody ever talks about why its there. Maybe its just a meme that I haven't got yet.

But yes, I will be voting for Trump and not Hillary. At the very least, a Trump presidency will be entertaining, while a Hillary presidency will just be gag-inducing.
    Cruz is a religious nut job who would have undone many progressive changes we've made recently in the name of his specific brand of Christianity. Furthermore his brand of politics has lead to obstructionism and gridlock rather than compromise, forcing a government shutdown that many GOP leaders didn't even want. He's an asshole
    Putin khuliyo

Amusing that people think there will be a substantive difference between the 2.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Cruz is a religious nut job who would have undone many progressive changes we've made recently in the name of his specific brand of Christianity. Furthermore his brand of politics has lead to obstructionism and gridlock rather than compromise, forcing a government shutdown that many GOP leaders didn't even want. He's an asshole
    If you're trying to convince me that Cruz is an asshole, you aren't going to do it with lines like that, nor with name-calling people for simply having a different worldview than you. I don't really like the counter-progressive turn the nation is taking, and if Cruz can stop that bologna and actually turn it around, then I can see why many people unjustifiably hate him.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

And also violates the Constitution. Faith and Credit clause. It's why he is busy trying to walk it back. But in doing so he advocated printing money to cover the debt. Which of course a sure fire route to inflation and the raising of interest rates. And then launched into yet another pile of TrumpTalk which suggest he still doesn't understand that Sovereign debt is different than the debts he defaulted on in his businesses.
    The US Fed and Treasury have been trying to stoke inflation in the US for the past decade, to no avail.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're trying to convince me that Cruz is an asshole, you aren't going to do it with lines like that, nor with name-calling people for simply having a different worldview than you.
    I suppose that you could actually read up on him and what he has done and decide for yourself? You could also pay attention to how he has poisoned the vast majority of his relationships in his life which should also give you some explanation as to why he is considered an asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The US Fed and Treasury have been trying to stoke inflation in the US for the past decade, to no avail.
    I guess they need to print money to cover the debt and see what happens.

You have to understand why these "conservatives" will vote for Clinton. As long as democrats are in power, they can complain and bilk money from conservative grassroots. Conservative talk radio is through the roof now with Obama in power. They love him because he's good for their ratings. Trump would kill the opinion racket of American conservatives.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Literally am registered Democrat right now. Would rather see Trump than Clinton in office.
    Thats actually a really interesting position you have. I am a fairly conservative person, but I think Clinton would be better than Trump. The other thing dissuading me is the potential Supreme court nominees.

I suppose that you could actually read up on him and what he has done and decide for yourself? You could also pay attention to how he has poisoned the vast majority of his relationships in his life which should also give you some explanation as to why he is considered an asshole.
    You're right, I guess people not liking him is much worse than whatever hillary and trump have to offer. Ideologies and worldviews aside of course, since... well, you know, presidential campaigns these days are more about convincing people to like you, rather than your vision for the nation. In that case though, don't most people also consider trump and hillary highly unlikable, and not just for reasons pertaining to their personalities alone?

7+ Year Old Account
    You're right, I guess people not liking him is much worse than whatever hillary and trump have to offer. Ideologies and worldviews aside of course, since... well, you know, presidential campaigns these days are more about convincing people to like you, rather than your vision for the nation. In that case though, don't most people also consider trump and hillary highly unlikable, and not just for reasons pertaining to their personalities alone?
    You talked about showing Cruz to be an asshole. I pointed you to a path of enlightenment. I never made a statement beyond that. So spare me your nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    [/B]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/dona...port-1.3567944

There really isn't any way Trump even challenges Hillary. I'm not sure what people are thinking by voting him in for the Republican nominee.
    Then why the fuck are you worried about? Why even post anything regarding Trump? Just go about your life and be confident in your own opinion, that is all that matters anyways, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't like Clinton either, but yeah, to keep Trump out? Yeah. We have no use for his unabashed bigotry, poor business decisions, and warmongering ego.

What is this WE shit? You certainly don't speak for me. You should qualify the "we".

Trump 2016!!
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-05-09 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I think trump has a good chance to flip the black vote.
    90% of his voters were white. He's not getting many black voters against Hillary, perhaps 10%.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Is there a Forums Rule against spamming new threads? I feel Tennisace is attempting to fill up the entire first page with threads he created, as a personal goal in life.
    I got some good laughs from this. Ty.

OT: Their is a lot of banter coming from both parties about Trump. It's the same old message really that he's gotten since he started the race. Once the general election debates start, if hillary even has the balls to show herself on stage, we'll see where it goes. Hillary didn't do to well with Sanders, will be exponentially worse when someone is consistently bringing up her past, failure to do anything noteworthy or positive while in office, talk about her transcripts, incompetency when it comes to running her email, etc etc. It's fair enough to say that you could replace eachothers opponent in the general election with a woodchuck and people would vote woodchuck over hillary or trump simply because they are extremely unpopular candidates.

Regardless if Trump wins or not, he's proven that their is a considerable number of voters dissatisfied with the republican party. This will be ever so more apparent if Romney or the likes steps in as a independent or Hillary wins. A lot of people like myself are tired of the social issue crusade far right religious conservatives have. We are going in a shitty direction in this country, which should take precedence over who can or cannot get married, or what bathroom they can use, abortions and all that jazz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    If you don't jump on board 100%, you aren't a true X!

Spoken like a true liberal...
    Or perhaps better to just call it what such thinking is.