Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Have you ever been to a baseball park that served anything but Kosher hot dogs?
    Kosher hot dogs? Aren't hot dogs made of pork meat, which jews do not eat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Generally speaking, at ballgames, Kosher Beef Franks are served.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Why do Muslims constantly need special Muslim events? How does it encourage integration and assimilation?

- - - Updated - - -

Very true.

And what comes to relationships: there are loads of cases where that "lovely Muslim guy" has turned into an ISIS-grade jerk overnight once he has gotten what he wanted.
    Assimilation does not mean they have to totally abandon their culture. There's no harm in having an Islamic event.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Generally speaking, at ballgames, Kosher Beef Franks are served.
    That's just weird. :l Kosher is banned in Sweden due to ethical concerns, because they won't stun the animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Assimilation does not mean they have to totally abandon their culture. There's no harm in having an Islamic event.
    Yup. Where I grew up, I attended Quinceneras, Red Egg and Ginger parties, Hanukkah celebrations, and any number of other events associated with other cultures. That didn't mean the people from these cultures didn't integrate.

Deleted
    Then it's not assimilation. Integration is not the same as assimilation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/584...ing-veil-burqa

Bikinis are banned for the night in an effort to appeal to Muslims. Sod knows how they're going to swim in those ridiculous burqas.
    whats the issue? its out of hours and its a theme event to cater to a demographic. Pretty standard.

I'm more concerned about people who have an issue wiht it, as the only reason for that is total intolerance and smallmindedness.

Why do Muslims constantly need special Muslim events? How does it encourage integration and assimilation?
    I wouldn't paint a single event as "constantly". It encourages integration and assimilation by allowing them to come into contact and hopefully befriend people with differing values to their own which might make them reevaluate their own values when they see that the people they're told are sinners aren't any different to them, that they're not evil. It provides them the opportunity to see that the grass might be greener on the other side. If they self-segregate then their beliefs will only become entrenched.

Remind me again why women cover their bodies in the muslim religion? Oh, that's right, so they aren't beaten by their husbands.

But if this is a woman's only event, why should they have to fear being beaten by their husbands? Just gotta make sure that what happens in WaterWorld stays in WaterWorld, then they should be fine, right?

Another question though. Are only muslim women allowed, like, can no other women come to the event? If not, then why are all women disallowed from wearing bikinis if they aren't of the muslim religion?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it's not assimilation. Integration is not the same as assimilation.
    Then maybe we don't need strong assimilation then. Immigrants should integrate but there's no reason to expect then to totally abandon their culture or traditions. At least not at a reasonable level.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Then maybe we don't need strong assimilation then. Immigrants should integrate but there's no reason to expect then to totally abandon their culture or traditions. At least not at a reasonable level.
    Each to their own, I'm in favor of assimilation instead of integration.

lmao this thread.

So basically, there's an event (aka not permanent) which aims to attract a certain demographic group... and you're crying ?

smh

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each to their own, I'm in favor of assimilation instead of integration.
    Well it's not like we frown on Jewish bar mitzvahs or disallow them their Jewish courts (which have no legal backing). No reason why we must deny Muslims the same.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Yup. Where I grew up, I attended Quinceneras, Red Egg and Ginger parties, Hanukkah celebrations, and any number of other events associated with other cultures. That didn't mean the people from these cultures didn't integrate.
    Those events are generally arranged by individual families on their own, without having an entire theme park reserved for it -- and they aren't telling people around them how to dress or not to dress.

- - - Updated - - -

What is "reasonable" then? In my opinion, any tradition that constantly clashes with general Western values and hinders living according to -- or in harmony with -- them should be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a single special event. Not a change in overall policy. This is a complete non-issue unless you're freaking out about Muslims, for some reason.
    Will you still stand by your statement that there is nothing wrong with islam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those events are generally arranged by individual families on their own, without having an entire theme park reserved for it -- and they aren't telling people around them how to dress or not to dress.
    Amusement Parks are reserved all the time for Corporate Galas and dress codes are strictly enforced. Just a few months ago Universal Studios was used after hours to host a large Corporate Event. Those of us on the City Walk would watch these people dressed up as old time movie stars walk into and out of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure...that was part of their dress code because their theme was Celebrating 25 years of Movie Magic...which is what Universal itself is celebrating.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2016-05-09 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Number changed from 50 to 25 -- The celebration was for Universal's 25th Anniversary

I can't speak for laws in the U.K., but you can rent out whole parks for religious events. So what is the problem one more time if they have this even after hours? Oh yeah....

- - - Updated - - -

Ban bikini's????

That's inconceivable...........
    Can't comprehend that state of mind........

10+ Year Old Account
    They certainly did tell me how to dress, and they rented out venues for the events.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Nothing wrong with organizing a party for a restricted number of people (female) and with strict dressing code, albeit it seems I am the only person getting the irony of a female-only event that has a symbol of woman's subjugation as dress code.
    Woman's subjugation in the eyes of westerners. For a lot of muslim women that dress code is far from subjugation, a lot of them see it as a liberation.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Except no one bends over backwards for jews. It's only the muslims in their stupid beekeeper suits and their virgin eyes which can't see any skin. Get fucking real. Start living in the 21st century like everyone else.
    Lol, western society bends over backwards for jews on a regular basis. Just try to even mention outlawing slaughter without stunning or prohibiting routine child circumcision and there's an Israeli jewish lobby in the airport in less than 24 hours ready to persuade whatever western government from going through with such changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Altberg View Post
    They should feel perfectly comfortable anyway - I've been to water parks in Muslim countries where the Muslim women cover up and the non-Muslim women don't. No arguments, no awkwardness just people enjoying their rubber dinghy Rapids in peace! But for some unfathomable reason now all of a sudden they're in a country that allows them the privelige of asking for special treatment and immediately they don't feel comfortable. Weird huh!
    Just because you've been to some water park where covered muslim women were ok with swimming alongside uncovered women doesn't mean that therefore all muslims think like that. There are also muslims who drink, have sex outside of marriage, go clubbing and so on. The group you saw over there are not the same group that helped organize the event in the OP post probably. They are the more orthodox muslims who really strictly follow the rules regarding covering the awrah, and also believe that looking at someone else's awrah (which would be the case if they allowed women in bikini's) is religiously wrong. And trust me, you will find such swimming pools, hotels, and water parks in muslim countries as well. You just haven't been to those since you aren't part of that target demographic. It has nothing to do with muslims suddenly becoming more strict because they're somehow allowed to be more strict in a western country.

Quote Originally Posted by Altberg View Post
    Chances are it's not even the women that feel awkward it's the men because the more their wives see western women enjoying freedom to dress how they want, drive cars, talk to other people and exist in the same spaces as men - the more likely it is they may start to question the archaic principles by which their husbands oppress them.
    Lol, or perhaps there are also plenty of muslim women who are happy to realize that they can adhere a form of culture which is less focused on public appearances and unneeded intimacy between the sexes after they saw the western culture.

Btw, the driving cars bullshit is only in Saudi Arabia and even that is likely to get changed soon. In a large amount of muslim countries women are free to work, drive, talk to men and so on.

It's also quite funny to see people advocating freedom for women but then at the same time automatically label upholding islamic values and culture as being opressed. Yeah, such freedom when it is only right if you do it the way the west decides to do it. These western people who claim that muslim women are opressed are just as bad as the muslims telling westerners to cover up.

You really that dense? I'm talking about muslims and that fact that we have to accept their stupid ideas and make exceptions for them at every point in the road, even though their ideas are based in the darkages.
    Do you hear muslims crying when they have resorts in their countries where they have mixed swimming pools and bars serving alcohol and sometimes even pork meat? They might find our western ideas just as stupid and retarded as you find theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How the fuck am I supposed to swim wearing a burqa and robe? Like seriously.
    Who said you need to swim in a burqa? You just need to cover your female awrah for this event, which can be done in plenty of ways that don't involve a burqa. The suggestion on the invitation is simply wearing a t-shirt and jogging pants.

And you totally embrace all muslim culture? The fact that they force their women to wear bedsheets so no other men can see them? The fact that they're cousin fuckers? The fact that they hate gay people? The fact that they will kill you if you're an apostate? The list goes on and on.
    Are you pissed or something that you can't ogle the bodies of covered muslim women?

I don't remember seeing Thai, Japanese, Hindu, Buddhist or Jewish events in waterparks or any other such places. Why do only Muslims constantly need special Muslim events? How does it advance their integration and assimilation?
    Because they have religious values they'd like to uphold which aren't always compatible with the western standard? This is not unique to muslims, it's just that whenever it's muslims there's a huge spotlight on it because people are scared of muslims and muslims tend to be a larger demographic group than the other ones you mention so there's more demand and higher frequency for such events.

Very true. This is even encouraged in the Koran and Hadiths: act nicely among the infidels -- but only until you get strong enough to act like jerks. Seek out terms like dar al-harb, taqiyya or kitman.

And what comes to relationships: there are loads of cases where that "lovely Muslim guy" has turned into an ISIS-grade jerk overnight once he has gotten what he wanted.
    Looks like someone has done their WikiIslam research.

Also, it's not like muslim men are the only ones who can do a 180 with their personality. How many western guys who looked like nice dudes ended up as violent alcoholics or disturbed individuals who end up butchering their own families?

You can make hotdogs from more types of meat than pork.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Remind me again why women cover their bodies in the muslim religion? Oh, that's right, so they aren't beaten by their husbands.
    Yes, there have never been single muslim women who are also covered. Maybe they cover up because they want to follow their religious rules and don't feel like walking around uncovered? Just like some women would never want to wear a headscarf, there are plenty who'd never want to not wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    But if this is a woman's only event, why should they have to fear being beaten by their husbands? Just gotta make sure that what happens in WaterWorld stays in WaterWorld, then they should be fine, right?

Another question though. Are only muslim women allowed, like, can no other women come to the event? If not, then why are all women disallowed from wearing bikinis if they aren't of the muslim religion?
    See above, maybe it's hard to fathom for you that some people have principles they'd like to stick by, but there are plenty of those left in the world. They do not want to show their own awrah or see that of other women. It's a religion. The whole point of religion is not that you follow rules for other people but for a supernatural deity. It's the same dumb logic as asking why muslims don't just eat on the toilet or in their own room during Ramadan.

And if you read the article you'd see that every female is welcome. Why they are not allowed to wear bikini's? Because it's a special event that wants to falicitate islamic lifestyle and dresscode, and bikini's are not a part of that.

A theme park which would be closed regardless. Why the hell are people crying over this? If it wasn't for this event the pool would be closed and NO ONE would be allowed in. At least now women can join in on the fun as long as they adhere to the dress code.

What is "reasonable" then? In my opinion, any tradition that constantly clashes with general Western values and hinders living according to -- or in harmony with -- them should be dropped.
    It doesn't hinder living according to Western values and you don't have to live according to Western values as long as you don't infringe the rights of others. This event is a perfect example. They are not reserving the park during regular opening hours and thus barring people who would normally have gone to it from entering it, and at the same time they can still enjoy the park every once in a while without forcing them to abandon their religious dress codes. It's perfectly fine, but a lot of western people are too stuck in their western supremacy mentality and are frothing at the thought of people not being so obsessed with their cultural values and holding them in high regard as they are. You're just as bad as the extremist muslims who claim that western culture is flawed and backwards.

Learn to live with it. Muslims are a big enough demographic group that there's plenty of money to be made from special events and products that keep their religion in mind, just like there's plenty of resorts and hotels in muslim countries that cater purely to western tourists and aren't Islamic in the slightest sense.