Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    He answered to a question. ""Do you believe that we, in terms of the United States, need to pay a hundred cents on the dollar, or do you think that there's actually ways that we can renegotiate that debt?"
    No he didn't, that question was asked to him and instead of answering it (because he probably didn't have an answer) he instead bragged about his track record in the corporate world:
    "I have borrowed, knowing that you can pay back with discounts. And I have done very well, I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal, and if the economy was good, it was good, so, therefore, you can't lose."
    At no point does he attempt to answer the question, he just talks in the past tense about his previous accomplishments. It may be hard to tell when it's written down (hence why the media have been spinning it to hell) but if you watch it it's even more obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I loved that statement, it was announcing he was willing to default on national debt.....
    Okay seriously, does nobody understand the difference between past/present/future tense? When somebody talks about things they have done that's things they did in the past. Unless Trump was president in the past and we all missed it he is referring to things he has done and the methodology he would use...

Well, Paul Ryan gave up really quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    A moderate would certainly stand a lot better chance.
    I honestly can't wait for this little theory to be put to the test this election year.

I don't even want Trump to win. Fuck everyone. The only thing you can control is your own actions in life.

But it'll be nice to see this "can't elect someone too conservative" idea to be put to the test. I'm not even pulling for any outcome. I just want to see it.

If Trump were to somehow pull a photo finish win or something, Gennn Greymane would have to save me some of dat popcorn.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-05-10 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I think paul ryan will get primaried which would possibly help trump win Wisconsin if enough interest was stirred up for the billionaire that wants to replace ryan.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    But in doing so he advocated printing money to cover the debt.
    He didn't suggest printing money to cover debts, it's easy to misunderstand because he speaks like a moron (hey, the guy knows his target audience), but his point was that the US government cannot really default because the US controls the dollar (which is the most strategically important currency for forex) and so it could avoid a potential default simply by printing more money and devaluing the dollar, the penalty's for which would be gigantic however still better than a default.

He was perfectly correct in what he said, but he wasn't suggesting it as a course of action, merely using the example to make a point (this is more obvious if you listen to the whole conversation).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No he didn't, that question was asked to him and instead of answering it (because he probably didn't have an answer) he instead bragged about his track record in the corporate world:

At no point does he attempt to answer the question, he just talks in the past tense about his previous accomplishments. It may be hard to tell when it's written down (hence why the media have been spinning it to hell) but if you watch it it's even more obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay seriously, does nobody understand the difference between past/present/future tense? When somebody talks about things they have done that's things they did in the past. Unless Trump was president in the past and we all missed it he is referring to things he has done and the methodology he would use...
    If you actually listen to what he says he is speaking in the future tense.

"Now we're in a different situation with a country, but I would borrow knowing that if the economy crashed you could make a deal. And if the economy was good it was good so therefore you can't lose. It's like you make a deal before you go into a poker game. And your odds are much better."

From: http://www.npr.org/2016/05/09/477350...debt-explained

Also listen/watch to video starting at 4:15.

I am not continue arguing with you on this as I am more than confident he was speaking in future tense as were all the financial folks who listened to and reacted to his craziness.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't suggest printing money to cover debts, it's easy to misunderstand because he speaks like a moron (hey, the guy knows his target audience), but his point was that the US government cannot really default because the US controls the dollar (which is the most strategically important currency for forex) and so it could avoid a potential default simply by printing more money and devaluing the dollar, the penalty's for which would be gigantic however still better than a default.

He was perfectly correct in what he said, but he wasn't suggesting it as a course of action, merely using the example to make a point (this is more obvious if you listen to the whole conversation).
    I went and listened and your interpretaion is correct that he was not advocating doing it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What news development are you referring to here? I'd need to show it to my friend who said he admired Paul Ryan for standing up to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

LOL, k
    How is Bush not moderate compared to the other Republican candidates?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some liberals seem to want Trump over Hillary because Hillary is establishment and Trump is not.

What they seem to fail to realize is that Trump is the wrong kind of not establishment. He's the exact opposite direction a liberal would want to go. They have turned into single issue voters ("not establishment") and ignore everything else that's egregiously wrong about Trump that would fuck things up.

I would prefer a non establishment candidate like Bernie myself, but I'm not so mad with the status quo that I want to watch the nation burn under Trump
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Hmm with the exception of some feminism blah-blah, Clinton seems to be more of a republican candidate than anything else. The sad part is not that they consider voting Clinton, the sad part is that they ever considered these other fuck ups to be republican material, at least if you look at their party pre-bush I. era.

7+ Year Old Account
    So Trump calls Bush a liar, the Iraq War a disaster, says we should let Russia fight ISIS instead of get our own troops killed, and people still want to pretend he's some far-right warmonger.

Just confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hmm with the exception of some feminism blah-blah, Clinton seems to be more of a republican candidate than anything else. The sad part is not that they consider voting Clinton, the sad part is that they ever considered these other fuck ups to be republican material, at least if you look at their party pre-bush I. era.
    Hillary's a Democrat in social issues and a Republican in financial / economic issues, for the most part.

In short, she's what the Republicans SHOULD be, if they weren't so trapped with God, Guns, and Gays for their entire social platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Hillary's a Democrat in social issues and a Republican in financial / economic issues, for the most part.

In short, she's what the Republicans SHOULD be, if they weren't so trapped with God, Guns, and Gays for their entire social platform.
    Yeah pretty much how I see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    So Trump calls Bush a liar, the Iraq War a disaster, says we should let Russia fight ISIS instead of get our own troops killed, and people still want to pretend he's some far-right warmonger.

Just confirming.
    "Donald Trump's assertion that the United States has "no choice" but to send 20,000 to 30,000 combat troops to fight ISIS in the Middle East raises a slew of complicated questions, military analysts said Friday.

It also represents an about-face."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politi...0-troops-isis/

You were saying? Not saying it makes him a "warmonger", but certainly makes him no different than anyone else with respect to getting involved in the ME.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-05-10 at 04:51 AM.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Trump supporters are delusional. They do not get it. They want their guy to be President and then vote in the worst candidate in the history of politics. Also watched how surprised they get when he is crushed in the general election. One big collective stupidity.
    But they're not voting Hilary Clinton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post

So she's a regressive leftist in Social Issues and a corporate dog in Financial issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    But they're not voting Hilary Clinton.

- - - Updated - - -

So she's a regressive leftist in Social Issues and a corporate dog in Financial issues.
    Pray tell, what specific policies make her "regressive" on social issues?

Deleted
    wtf? he was talking about what he'd do.....

And its usually a pretty good idea to look at how someone has acted in the past as an indicator of future behaviour. What fucked up logic is it to not do that?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    wtf? he was talking about what he'd do.....
    No he wasn't, he was asked what he would do, however he then ignored the question (because he probably doesn't know) and started talking about what he previously did in the public sector. The media then span it as "Trump would default, blah blah".

To use a comparison with food (I know it sounds crazy but it works as Trump is crazy):

What would you like for dinner tonight?

I have eaten burgers, knowing that they usually come with fries. And I have enjoyed them, I would go to McDonalds, knowing that if they had offers on, you could get special edition burgers, and if they didn't, the regular ones are good, so, therefore, you can't lose."
    At no point does the second person even attempt to answer the question, they just try to make it sound like they know the answer and talk about their previous experience. This is how Trump responds to questions, seriously look at his interviews/debates.

Deleted
    No he wasn't, he was asked what he would do, however he then ignored the question (because he probably doesn't know) and started talking about what he previously did in the public sector. The media then span it as "Trump would default, blah blah".

no, sorry, he was asked a question, that was his answer. He would go bankrupt and default on dept.
    If he has meant something else, he should have said that.

your food example is a bit silly, but in that situation what you take away is that if Mc Donalds is open he goes there (and eats that shit for some reason), and if not will go somewhere else.
    its not comparable when the something else in the actual question is defaulting on national debt.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    no, sorry, he was asked a question, that was his answer.
    Nope, if you don't believe me you should watch the interview, it's even harder to misinterpret than the written quote. He doesn't even attempt to address the question.