Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    oh look

a trumped up social issue meant to hurt people by telling them what they think is wrong, and instead you should think how i think

with 0 evidence backing up either side

how fun for literally no one

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    no, honestly, it was just about confirmed by an upper management to be a kickback. No official confirm ofc.

She was.. not the prettiest person, inside or out, with no sense of personal space or tact, so an affair seems utterly unlikely.
    now that's a word that i didn't know, thanks
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I can't wait to see what rights the otherkin will demand. They are next on the lefts list to normalize aren't they? Or is it pedophiles?
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    I can't wait to see what rights the otherkin will demand. They are next on the lefts list to normalize aren't they? Or is it pedophiles?
    wtf are u talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    Thank goodness, and here I thought the thread might go without someone comparing being transgendered to being a pedophile.

Because that retarded argument hasn't been debunked about a billion times already.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Why are you so interested in what sort of genitals the person in the next stall has?

Seriously, that's not a rhetorical question. Anyone paying close enough attention to me to prove I was in the right bathroom would be getting security or police attention the moment I left the restroom (which would be as quickly as physically possible).

I would point out that equal protection means exactly that, equal protection. I would also point out that the logic that lets you say "everyone is treated equally, they are all required to use the bathroom set aside for their group" can just as easily be used to bring back segregation ("it's not unequal, all blacks have to use the colored person bathrooms, all whites have to use the white person bathrooms"), or to justify pretty much any other form of discrimination by creating any sort of legal "group" and then saying that everyone is treated equally because all members of a group are held to the same requirements.... but if that sort of logic worked, we wouldn't even be having the conversation in the first place.
    Who said anything about being interested in genitals? lol... literally nobody has said anything like that. They are saying, if you have a penis, you go in the men's room, and if you have a vagina, go in the women's room. Not a complex thing, especially considering when transgendered people use the bathroom, you inevitably look at your genitalia lol.

As for "needing to look at the person's genitalia" that's not necessary in 99% of the cases. Unless the person is extremely convincing, you can usually tell... unless they look like Pat or something lol. And of course there will be people who use the wrong restroom anyways, whether by accident or on purpose, this just means that if they do it enough, and people notice, eventually they are going to get busted.

As for you trying to tie black segregation into this, that is laughable. Have you considered black people may find that type of comment highly offensive as well? Interestingly enough, there was a poll not too long ago in which 55% of black people felt gay rights where not the same as civil rights. That being said, it's only reasonable to assume they probably feel similarly here.

And this isn't about equal treatment, it's about intruding into bathroom's where people do not want you. As I mentioned, a solution does need to be devised, whether it's a third bathroom, for transgendered people, or perhaps a family bathroom. By no means am I saying that we should not allow transgendered people to use the bathroom, but at the same time we should respect the privacy of others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    transgender people choose the bathroom based on the gender they identify with, and mostly the gender that their secondary sexual features are most promintent, thanks to the hormonal treatments
    The problem is not everyone plays along with the fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Frankly I'm glad that North Carolina is taking a stand against the government here, as it appears the government is attacking the privacy of every person not interested in having trangendered people in their bathroom.
    Yeah, that's objectively false. The only party invading anyone's privacy is the North Carolina government, which wants to check people's genitalia.

The issue of transgendered people choosing bathroom's based off of their mood, and not their genitalia is equally stupid though.
    Mostly because it's a boogeyman you invented that doesn't remotely reflect reality at any point. If you think it's "stupid", blame yourself for inventing the silly concept, and maybe try sticking to the reality of the situation next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Thank goodness, and here I thought the thread might go without someone comparing being transgendered to being a pedophile.

Because that retarded argument hasn't been debunked about a billion times already.
    hey, the billionth+1 is a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I just don't get the fuss. It's like the deluded Biblethumpers lost their ground attacking gays, so now they've moved onto transgender people. North Carolina made a stupid law now they're getting put in check.

I could never function in the south. I know how to read and write. I'm not interested in having sex with my sister. And I don't hate people for being gay or transgender.
    The south is manageable by moving to one of the liberal paradises that each state has. Otherwise you just have a bunch of Trump/Cruz 2016 signs and fast food joints to live with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said anything about being interested in genitals? lol... literally nobody has said anything like that. They are saying, if you have a penis, you go in the men's room, and if you have a vagina, go in the women's room.
    Right there. You want to check people's genitals, to be sure they're in the "right" washroom. Ignoring the medical realities, to boot (those being that an MtF transgender woman is a woman, despite what you want to think). If you aren't checking genitals, you have literally no way to even attempt to enforce this law.

You can't say "nobody's interested in their genitals" and then follow up the next sentence expressing your need to know the state of their genitals.

The problem is not everyone plays along with the fantasy.
    the fantasy being?
    the only way for a male transgender (male to female) to be "caught" is with a genital checking. since u can't do that the law is plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, that's objectively false. The only party invading anyone's privacy is the North Carolina government, which wants to check people's genitalia.

Mostly because it's a boogeyman you invented that doesn't remotely reflect reality at any point. If you think it's "stupid", blame yourself for inventing the silly concept, and maybe try sticking to the reality of the situation next time.
    Actually there are a few ways of determining that, such as an ID or looking for an adam's apple, but yeah, if some creeper keeps going into the other restroom, and the cops take them to the station, eventually they may look at the person's genitals lol. Nobody *wants* to do that though, they'd likely prefer people stop their shenanigans first.

As for why you say "boogeyman" explain? People aren't afraid of transgendered people, they just think the idea of someone with a penis going into the women's room is very gross. And it's been this way since modern public restrooms have started. I see left wingers try to distort the arguments and make it some sort of fear based thing, that's not the case, people want their privacy upheld. Of course this type of issue can open up the possibility of a pedophile legally being able to go into a bathroom with kids and other gross stuff, but the privacy is the real issue here. But yes, it's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    the fantasy being?
    the only way for a male transgender (male to female) to be "caught" is with a genital checking. since u can't do that the law is plain stupid
    The fantasy being that they think their genitalia does not determine what sex they are. And you can check with an ID.... so your idea that the law is stupid has no basis.

Actually there are a few ways of determining that, such as an ID or looking for an adam's apple, but yeah, if some creeper keeps going into the other restroom, and the cops take them to the station, eventually they may look at the person's genitals lol. Nobody *wants* to do that though, they'd likely prefer people stop their shenanigans first.

As for why you say "boogeyman" explain? People aren't afraid of transgendered people, they just think the idea of someone with a penis going into the women's room is very gross. And it's been this way since modern public restrooms have started. I see left wingers try to distort the arguments and make it some sort of fear based thing, that's not the case, people want their privacy upheld. Of course this type of issue can open up the possibility of a pedophile legally being able to go into a bathroom with kids and other gross stuff, but the privacy is the real issue here. But yes, it's stupid.
    again, you cant force an id check for a f*cking public restroom. and not all males have a prominent addam's apple.
    this is really maing a storm on a glass of water. why this is again even an issue? why just maintain the statu quo (and conservatives love that), where a person who looks female, and identifies as a female (even if when it was born, it was a male) can go to a female restroom

The fantasy being that they think their genitalia does not determine what sex they are. And you can check with an ID.... so your idea that the law is stupid has no basis.
    You're asking for ID in order for people to use the bathroom.

Think on that a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right there. You want to check people's genitals, to be sure they're in the "right" washroom. Ignoring the medical realities, to boot (those being that an MtF transgender woman is a woman, despite what you want to think). If you aren't checking genitals, you have literally no way to even attempt to enforce this law.

You can't say "nobody's interested in their genitals" and then follow up the next sentence expressing your need to know the state of their genitals.
    As I mentioned previously, besides ID's and other obvious signs, ultimately if someone tries to go against this type of law long enough, yes you'd have to check their genitalia lol. Nobody *wants* to see that, they'd prefer people follow the same custom that has been followed for centuries instead and just be normal. It's similar to someone stuffing drugs in their ass lol, the cops don't *want* to see that, but they have to in order to catch the criminal. Hopefully this clears things up, again, the cops would prefer *not* to see that type of thing, but ultimately if push comes to shove, it's going to be their job. Hopefully transgendered people don't take it that far.

Think on that a minute.
    That is a good way to make women flock to the men's restroom, make wait times worse! Enjoy the mess guyz~

Think on that a minute.
    think for the long waiting lines on the restroom (i can imagine the female restroom much more) with this enforcement

As I mentioned previously, besides ID's and other obvious signs, ultimately if someone tries to go against this type of law long enough, yes you'd have to check their genitalia lol. Nobody *wants* to see that, they'd prefer people follow the same custom that has been followed for centuries instead and just be normal. It's similar to someone stuffing drugs in their ass lol, the cops don't *want* to see that, but they have to in order to catch the criminal. Hopefully this clears things up, again, the cops would prefer *not* to see that type of thing, but ultimately if push comes to shove, it's going to be their job. Hopefully transgendered people don't take it that far.
    What criminal act are they doing other than pissing and shitting? Which are, last I checked, 100% legal to do.

What criminal act are they doing other than pissing and shitting? Which are, last I checked, 100% legal to do.
    But the privacy Van, the privacy!

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    That is a good way to make women flock to the men's restroom, make wait times worse! Enjoy the mess guyz~
    "aww, you have diarrhea? Have it in the hall, we can't have you getting in the bathroom without ID! WHAT IF YOU'RE A PERV! YOU MIGHT MAKE PEOPLE UNCOMFORTABLE!"