Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    That kind of ruins your 'go vegan' perspective though...even you have admitted vegans have to supplement their diet and take care to make sure they are keeping things balanced....which is all it requires to stay healthy on a non vegan diet, which is even easier to keep balanced then a vegan one. Keep on keeping on though, it's obvious you have an opinion and refuse to look outside of it.
    Yea, they need B12. Im not going to educate you on why. Go find out yourself.

Is it fat? Is it meat?
    Yes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Or you could actually form an argument, instead of alluding to things that may or may not be there. Quote it. Show me I'm wrong.
    Im not going to quote the study that YOU linked and never read. Lol. Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Yea, they need B12. Im not going to educate you on why. Go find out yourself.

Yes
    I love how all your responses include the 'I'm not going to educate you'....Quite a smart way to invalidate an argument without any evidence.

Edit: And yet again you ignore the whole part I posted of a non-vegan diet not being the reason there is rising obesity and other health factors in the world. I would love to be able to live in your little bubble.....scratch that, as I think about it I'd rather hate to live with your close minded outlook.
    Last edited by velren; 2016-05-10 at 01:43 AM.

Here's the study.

You're just flopping left and right here.

What allowances do I make for meat eaters? You're making assumptions.
    I know hundreds of vegans. Not one of them were asked anything from those studies. The percentages are made up or are based on people who may self identify as vegan even if they aren't.

What allowances? You literally qualified the hell out of being healthy while eating meat by saying they need to choose antibiotic free food and watch their total intake, but then basically said all vegans are unhealthy. Its happy horseshit.

Also, the antibiotics are not just for growth. They're also because of the horrible living conditions of most factory farmed meat and the ever increasing strong strains of disease they cause. Look up mycoplasma g or Haemonchus contortus for examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Brought to you by modern science.

The argument that is being made here is that it's an evolutionary incompatible diet. If you don't have access to rebuilt items like the one you linked, you could not survive on such a diet. And up through the 1800s, people died.

Well shit yeah, if it wasn't around in the 1800's then it sucks and is unhealthy........
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I link you proof that B12 comes from animal protein and you link me a burger????

Also there is a nice article from MIT saying its well shit.
    Cardboard wrapped in cardboard, they have to season this thing to high heaven just to dispell the taste of the nutrient paste they use to make it.
    Sorry but this has more to do with a lab experiment (which isn't far from the truth as it was designed in a lab) gone wrong then it does with an actual burger.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

I know hundreds of vegans.
    Sure you do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Yes
    That's not what this recent meta-analysis suggests. Or what this 2016 intervention study suggests. Oh, and what about this recent story, showing that unpublished data from a decades-old study annihilates the supposed beneficial effects of switching out animal fats for vegetable oils?

Im not going to quote the stud that YOU linked and never read. Lol. Wtf.
    I'm asking you to quote which parts of the studies are conflicting with my assertions. All I'm seeing is a bunch of self-nullifying epidemiological benefits and some actual data on vitamin deficiencies. I have a feeling you're dancing around the topic because you have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    I link you proof that B12 comes from animal protein and you link me a burger????

Also there is a nice article from MIT saying its well shit.
    Cardboard wrapped in cardboard, they have to season this thing to high heaven just to dispell the taste of the nutrient paste they use to make it.
    Sorry but this has more to do with a lab experiment (which isn't far from the truth as it was designed in a lab) gone wrong then it does with an actual burger.
    That's a 100% vegan burger.

You win no internets.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Eat meat first off your plate then make a picture of it with meat being eaten then post on facebook how vegan you are

Sure you do...
    I do.

My wife runs a farm animal sanctuary that we live on. We have numerous events on property every year, plus travel to numerous vegfests in our state. We are working towards creating a vegan retreat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know hundreds of vegans. Not one of them were asked anything from those studies. The percentages are made up or are based on people who may self identify as vegan even if they aren't.

What allowances? You literally qualified the hell out of being healthy while eating meat by saying they need to choose antibiotic free food and watch their total intake, but then basically said all vegans are unhealthy. Its happy horseshit.

Also, the antibiotics are not just for growth. They're also because of the horrible living conditions of most factory farmed meat and the ever increasing strong strains of disease they cause. Look up mycoplasma g or Haemonchus contortus for examples.
    Lol! They didn't ask me or my friends, so they must have used fake vegans! You're really scrabbling for crumbs here.

All vegans are unhealthy, unless they supplement.

All meat eaters are unhealthy, unless they...avoid commercial traps.

See the difference? One diet is innately usable, the other is not.

And yeah, obviously the antibiotics aren't just for growth. I'm not supporting factory farms.

Well shit yeah, if it wasn't around in the 1800's then it sucks and is unhealthy........
    What?

I'm saying that people with severe B12 deficiencies used to die - and they still do in many parts of the world, where they are forced to eat vegan diets because they don't have access to animal products.

Not sure what you're trying to say.

That's not what this

I'm asking you to quote which parts of the studies are conflicting with my assertions. All I'm seeing is a bunch of self-nullifying epidemiological benefits and some actual data on vitamin deficiencies. I have a feeling you're dancing around the topic because you have nothing.
    Of course that's the case, every response is 'only b12 deficiencies' or 'I'm not going to educate you'.....Like I said earlier, it's a lazy way to try and invalidate an argument they have no rebuttal for. Good luck if you continue on with this, I see no further point when it's obvious certain people only want to act informed while refusing to seriously look at any valid sources.

My wife runs a farm animal sanctuary that we live on. We have numerous events on property every year, plus travel to numerous vegfests in our state. We are working towards creating a vegan retreat.
    I stand corrected! Yet you do realize you are quite in the minority and obviously a bit biased, right? Ignoring the fact you don't actually 'know' all those people (on a personal level) you are obviously surrounded by a 'bubble' of certain people, the majority of the world is not in your position and we are discussing the general health benefits of being vegan/non-vegan and you just cannot prove a vegan diet is inherently healthier then a balanced, non vegan diet that humans have evolved to eat and live off of.
    Last edited by velren; 2016-05-10 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

You win no internets.
    Yes - and his point was that you're going to extreme lengths to patch up a diet that is insufficient for human health, even going to far as to mimic meat with your foods.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course that's the case, every response is 'only b12 deficiencies' or 'I'm not going to educate you'.....Like I said earlier, it's a lazy way to try and invalidate an argument they have no rebuttal for. Good luck if you continue on with this, I see no further point when it's obvious certain people only want to act informed while refusing to seriously look at any valid sources.
    Yeah no I don't see a point either.

/thread suicide

Some people in this thread are overly negative about veganism, lol. Even if you don't want to go vegan, try some vegan alternative food sometime...at our cafeteria in law school I'd deliberately get the vegan cookies over the non vegan ones, not sure why they were so amazing but they were soooooo good.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Some people in this thread are overly negative about veganism, lol. Even if you don't want to go vegan, try some vegan alternative food sometime...at our cafeteria in law school I'd deliberately get the vegan cookies over the non vegan ones, not sure why they were so amazing but they were soooooo good.
    Well excuse me.

I'll just take my lighthearted shitposts elsewhere. I actually like Bodakane.

10+ Year Old Account
    why on earth would anyone go vegan, you cant give up burgers, steaks, bacon, chicken, wings, etc

You win no internets.
    Yes it is a vegan burger I saw that, it was cooked up in a lab, it use nutrient paste and to make that taste go away the have to season it so much or it would taste like something my cat throws up every so often.
    People from MIT (these people are actual scientists, like some of the smartest folks on earth) went to the actual lab & production place of this so called veggie burger was designed and is produced.
    The method they described on how it gets produced is not unlike how a chicken mcnugget gets made, the main difference being that here the paste is white and not pink like the mcnugget.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    sorry but i'm not a grass muncher. unlike draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Lol! They didn't ask me or my friends, so they must have used fake vegans! You're really scrabbling for crumbs here.

All vegans are unhealthy, unless they supplement.

All meat eaters are unhealthy, unless they...avoid commercial traps.

See the difference? One diet is innately usable, the other is not.

And yeah, obviously the antibiotics aren't just for growth. I'm not supporting factory farms.

What?

I'm saying that people with severe B12 deficiencies used to die - and they still do in many parts of the world, where they are forced to eat vegan diets because they don't have access to animal products.

Not sure what you're trying to say.
    I'm saying they cannot say X% of vegans have this deficiency or that deficiency since they very clearly haven't checked all vegans.

Again, you don't know what a vegan diet is. As I've linked to you already, many vegan products have the nutrients in them. You not understanding that, proves you and the studies you're using don't know what a vegan diet is.

Then you move the goalposts and say people in the past and people in rare tiny and statistically insignificant parts of the world, have B12 deficiencies. Yet are still saying ALL vegans are unhealthy. Its stupid is what it is.

Hey OP just jumping to the last page here (seemed like a lot of the comments were cancer).
    I've been cutting mean out now for about 2 years, nothing has really changed for me. Almond milk is basically milk (after a while), me and my gf eat shitloads of tofu/soy mince etc.
    The only hang-up I had over becoming vegan was loosing all the protein (I go to the gym quite a bit) but just buying soy-protein powder instead of whey does the trick, and as of now i'm still eating some fish.
    Never really cared for eggs/bacon/fried chicken or any other hangups that a lot of people can't seem to give up which made it super easy for me luckily.

Just start phasing things out and shop at a place that sells alternative stuff like soy mince/sausages etc.

Pros: I personally feel better, it's cheaper (for me), people who have a lot of milk in their diet may say otherwise since soy-milk can be expensive.

Cons: Can be difficult eating out. Generally i'm in a rush cos I procrastinate everything so grabbing something quickly to eat can be a pain (in NZgl, apparently there are far more options in Murica & Euro)

GL!