Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Funnily enough, I got a phone call earlier today that started off with Donald Trump talking, and then another voice talking about how Trump is no longer self funding, and requires emergency campaign donations. With each $10 donation you get a Donald Trump sticker, for those who could donate $500 you'd get an autographed Donald Trump photo. Oh boy!
    Ill donate to trump and I have never donated to any candidate.

Ugh.

I'm going to vote Green Party this election, fuck these two parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Funnily enough, I got a phone call earlier today that started off with Donald Trump talking, and then another voice talking about how Trump is no longer self funding, and requires emergency campaign donations. With each $10 donation you get a Donald Trump sticker, for those who could donate $500 you'd get an autographed Donald Trump photo. Oh boy!
    Funny how he ran AN ENTIRE PRIMARY CAMPAIGN on the promise of self-funding.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    "White people don't know what it's like to be poor" When are you going to call Sanders a racist since that's far more racist than anything Trump has said.
    Ignorant for sure but i wouldnt call it racist, as i believe that word has a specific meaning, though if people use the very loose and widely applicable version of 'racist', then yeah, anyone who has any opinion on any race is racist and only those who hold no opinion whatsoever can be considered not racist, but even then 'they should care more about minority races' and if they dont they are racist, so... yeah fuck it, everyone running for president is racist, every single damn one along with all their followers and every single god damn human with any intellectual capacity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ugh.

I'm going to vote Green Party this election, fuck these two parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you live in a few states going third party is fine.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That's why I found the call so amusing. But I suppose that now that he'll need to raise a billion or so dollars, and he probably doesn't have that kinda cash, that he'll start bowing down to the special interests that "couldn't buy him".

That's why I found the call so amusing. But I suppose that now that he'll need to raise a billion or so dollars, and he probably doesn't have that kinda cash, that he'll start bowing down to the special interests that "couldn't buy him".
    Will be interesting to see how that plays out with voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Unless you live in a few states going third party is fine.
    Oregon so yeah, probably safe with my throwaway vote.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You'll be giving yourself the finger as well if you do that. As I ask idiots who make such ridiculous claims; What exactly makes you believe you will survive your own decision?
    Same reason anyone believes they will survive their vote every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    No one will believe him.

It's ingrained into the public conscience that Trump is the crazed far right's wet dream.

You cannot just shift platforms in the middle of election. Not with the internet broadcasting to the entire world everything you said and done during the primaries.
    Everyone does it. They say one thing during the primary and change into the general. Gotta win the primary first then you have to win over the independents.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems these days when you remove the idiotic far-left/rights out of the equation the rational left/right people that tend to fall more so near center seem to be very much a like.

Trump seems much more Right toward centre than Hillary does left toward centre. I'd say Trump is a far more rational candidate than Hillary and that Bernie is a much better opponent for Trump than Hillary.

Hillary is literally the biggest piece of shit between the 3.

If the Democrats were more like Donald Trump instead of pieces of crap that act like they want mindless zombies instead of supporters I'd at least consider supporting their nominees. However the Democrats have turned me completely against them. I'd rather die than vote for Hillary or any of the other pieces of crap that make up the modern Democrat party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You cannot just shift platforms in the middle of election. Not with the internet broadcasting to the entire world everything you said and done during the primaries.
    You mean like how Hillary has be vehemently anti-gay marriage for years yet now is all "YAY GAY MARRIAGE"

Politicians on both sides are hypocritical, who would've thunk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Sounds just like the way the dems changed after the civil war.
    Except there was this huge, nation-shaping, politics defining thing called the CIVIL WAR.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Ignorant for sure but i wouldnt call it racist, as i believe that word has a specific meaning, though if people use the very loose and widely applicable version of 'racist', then yeah, anyone who has any opinion on any race is racist and only those who hold no opinion whatsoever can be considered not racist, but even then 'they should care more about minority races' and if they dont they are racist, so... yeah fuck it, everyone running for president is racist, every single damn one along with all their followers and every single god damn human with any intellectual capacity.
    Racism works in many directions. The term white privilege itself is racist much less the concept is extremely racist. There's a difference between wanting minority votes and saying inherently racist things to get those votes.

Both parties in the US are fairly far right in the spectrum of politics
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    As long as he builds the wall, kicks out every last illegal and fixes our trade imbalances, I don't care what he does.
    Point A, Point B and Point C are all as plausible as the plot of a FF game. A post PSX FF game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    If the Democrats were more like Donald Trump instead of pieces of crap that act like they want mindless zombies instead of supporters I'd at least consider supporting their nominees. However the Democrats have turned me completely against them. I'd rather die than vote for Hillary or any of the other pieces of crap that make up the modern Democrat party.
    Because independant thought is so much praised amongst Trumpists.

Trump basically hit a high note with the blue collared working class. A demographic that usually gives very little fuck about politics. All bets are off now.

The left wing loathes the blue collars, the perception is that they all vote to the right because they are uneducated religious zealots that vote to the right to put prayer back in the classroom.

But the reality is that the left claims to be all about the little guy; but in reality all of the help programs the left ever offers always seem to have caveats attached to them based on the colour of your skin and what equipment is between your legs.

The left hates the working class because the working class live in a bubble universe where progressive identity politics aren't needed. When you're working your fingers to the bone every day you don't have time to judge your co-workers on the colour of their skin, where they were born, what gender they are, what their sexual orientation is, etc. You are judged based on how well the people around you can count on you, every. single. time. Identity politics are a luxury invention of the bourgeois. So that just leaves one thing the working class actually gives a fuck about;

Security. Job security, home security, national security. Your average working class Joe doesn't benefit from a social safety net that is repurposed to serve progressive identity politics.

This I know because I started from the bottom (now I'm here).

The only two candidates that even bothered to actually speak to the hearts of the working class instead of using them as comedical political fodder were Bernie Sanders, and Donald Trump. Trump has all the wrong things to say... but he's saying something other than "You can be spectators, but not participants" And Sanders doesn't look like he'll get the nomination at this point.

So Donald Trump is the anti-hero of the working class; which is better than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Racism works in many directions. The term white privilege itself is racist much less the concept is extremely racist. There's a difference between wanting minority votes and saying inherently racist things to get those votes.
    Thats my problem with the term, any observation, whether positive or negative, regarding a race is now considered racist, the word has clearly lost its meaning as now everyone and his dog is considered racist to someone. It is simply used as slander because its just a versatile type of mud that sticks. Reminds me of those 'journalists' who tried to discredit ron paul by harassing him about a report that implied black people run fast that he said he didnt even write. By constantly throwing mud at him they forced him to talk about race issues and pick a side.
    For instance this white privilege bullshit only exists because people keep perpetuating that all whites are rich, and the rich are privileged, therefore all whites are privileged. Never mind blacks born into wealthy families who are more privileged than whites from poor families. I think the white privilege bs is genuinely used to hurt white people probably due to some genuine racism towards them, but even then its not the fact that white skin has privileges, but rather wealth, but thats just far too fucking obvious if we were to say that the wealthy are privileged, and then you cant play the race card and blame your circumstances on race rather than effort.
    A better way to classify this is to say that THE POOR are disadvantaged, and need help over the rich, which i doubt many, if anyone, would disagree with!
    Same with crime, people say blacks are bad because they commit more crime, next people jump to their defence spouting nonsense like white privilege to discredit, without dealing with the issue. The facts are that blacks do commit more crime, but it isnt because they are black, but more than likely they are poor and poor people commit more crime simply out of necessity. Poor whites commit more crime than well off whites, but no shit huh. If you follow that conversation with charity, you would recognize that crime is a problem, but its not racially specific but economically, next you can work towards fixing that issue, together instead of against eachother.
    Saying that crime among blacks is a problem though isnt frikkin racist. Implying that your opinion doesnt matter because of your skin color on the other hand though is.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    You mean like how Hillary has be vehemently anti-gay marriage for years yet now is all "YAY GAY MARRIAGE"

Politicians on both sides are hypocritical, who would've thunk it.
    Is that really hypocritical or an evolution?

Go back 20 years and see who, politician or not, was in favor of gay marriage. Move ahead year by year and see how everyones opinion changes year by year to where those people are now.

Would it not be trouble some if people never changed their point of view?

If trump gets elected, he will still be the typical, trickle down economics, deregulation and cronyism president like most republicans. I think he will be a lot like bush jr. He will probably start a major war somewhere and a lot of the Americans tax payer money will be flushed down the toilet with bad no negotiation government contracts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Is that really hypocritical or an evolution?
    An evolution that just happened to occur right when she needed to gain voters on left? Not likely.

She's a hypocritical piece of shit that is just using it as a way to gain votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    If trump gets elected, he will still be the typical, trickle down economics, deregulation and cronyism president like most republicans. I think he will be a lot like bush jr. He will probably start a major war somewhere and a lot of the Americans tax payer money will be flushed down the toilet with bad no negotiation government contracts.
    I know right, because Democrats are completely against war. Like how Obama in the last 7 years has withdrawn American forces from Warzones they shouldn't be in.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    And yet based on what the candidates are actually saying and their history he is less likely to support those policies than either of his competitors on the left. When people refer to politicians as dishonest, they usually don't assume that they are lying about NOT having their interests in mind and then changing to their side.