Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Legion Transmog Rules - Whats not a waste of time to collect?

Hey folks, collecting mogs just might keep me busy until the expansion hits, but I really don't want to waste time on things I'm going to get anyway.
    I hear a lot of mixed rules and suchlike, and really don't know what to believe.

So, really want to get down what we are 90% certain of.

Right now all im SURE of, is that quests you have completed, all those mogs will be available.
    I have heard bold claims about EVERYTHING I have ever done counting, but I don't buy that one.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me? A blue post reference would be awesome, as people tend to tell...well...not lies exactly....bullshit perhaps

You can use an addon called "Legion Wardrobe", which helps you track what you are going to get.

Quests you have completed will grant you the eligible items for the character that has completed the quest.
    So if a quest has cloth, leather, mail and plate rewards you only gain those which match the "normal" proficiencies of the character that completed it.
    So a warlock would only unlock the cloth reward, a druid would only unlock the leather reward etc.
    And similar with quests rewarding weapons, only those those character can equip will be added to the collection.

It was worded in such a way previously that it could be interpreted that any quest rewards would be unlocked.
    However that has since been stated to not be the case.

If I can find quotes I will post them here.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-09 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    So because I did Karazhan 6-8 years ago and looted a piece from a boss or even wore it, I wont have access to THAT piece until I collect it during Legion, correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    So because I did Karazhan 6-8 years ago and looted a piece from a boss or even wore it, I wont have access to THAT piece until I collect it during Legion, correct?
    Correct. Only quest rewards are retroactive. Boss drops and the like have to be reacquired if you don't have them anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Correct. Only quest rewards are retroactive. Boss drops and the like have to be reacquired if you don't have them anymore.
    Well, I had a guy claiming that bliz has recorded EVERYTHING we ever had drop for us. I did not believe it though, even though he clearly believed it.

And yes, Legion Wardrobe is an excellent addon for collecting stuff now, for when legion hits. Space of course is the real problem

Quote Originally Posted by Oakenar View Post
    Well, I had a guy claiming that bliz has recorded EVERYTHING we ever had drop for us. I did not believe it though, even though he clearly believed it.

And yes, Legion Wardrobe is an excellent addon for collecting stuff now, for when legion hits. Space of course is the real problem
    Yeah that's doubtful, thats the type of data that is probably tracked for a window of time but gets flushed since there was no reason for them to acknowledge items you looted years ago. In fact, the belief is that the reason they're giving us every quest reward, even if you didnt choose it, is because they only track which quests you've completed and not which reward you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakenar View Post

Yeah, he's misinformed. Blizzard confirmed a while back that drops aren't recorded for the Wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    Correct.
    There is no long-term tracking of loots.
    Only quest rewards as far as completion of the quest by its ID number.
    That aside from inventory, achievements, collections and currencies are as far as the tracking is likely to be permanently per-character.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering is if they allow to collect all single items even if you already have the appearance. If so it multiplies the total grinding time by like 10x, with like 100k items to get including retired BoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    What I'm wondering is if they allow to collect all single items even if you already have the appearance. If so it multiplies the total grinding time by like 10x, with like 100k items to get including retired BoE.
    If the appearance is shared on multiple items with different proficiencies, then you need each and every one of them.
    For example if you have the same model on a staff and a polearm.
    Or the same model on multiple types of armor.

Look at the bonus, the benefits of the system as far as the collection goes.
    Do not look at the need to fill it, as that is simply impractical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If the appearance is shared on multiple items with different proficiencies, then you need each and every one of them.
    For example if you have the same model on a staff and a polearm.
    Or the same model on multiple types of armor.

Look at the bonus, the benefits of the system as far as the collection goes.
    Do not look at the need to fill it, as that is simply impractical.
    So the system will allow to collect an appearance multiple time ?
    Well, if they allow us to "fill it", then the game is crafted in a way that it's possible to increase a counter hence increasing a progression up to a finite number hence collectors will do it.
    It's part of game design to balance those kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    So the system will allow to collect an appearance multiple time ?
    Well, if they allow us to "fill it", then the game is crafted in a way that it's possible to increase a counter hence increasing a progression up to a finite number hence collectors will do it.
    It's part of game design to balance those kinds of things.
    Yes, if the appearance appears on items with different equipment requirements then you will need to, and can collect each individually that you want to use.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The inevitable complaining will begin when someone is running a raid or something for a specific model and after trying over and over on the character they want it drops on a toon with a different armor or weapon proficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the proficiency requirement is the only bad decision I can tell about their new wardrobe system. Remove that abd would be about perfect
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2016-05-10 at 05:41 AM.

I have a question: if i, a hunter, loot/have in my bank a cloth armor, that armor will be avaible for transmog for my mage (example)? or i must loot it with my mage to have it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    I have a question: if i, a hunter, loot/have in my bank a cloth armor, that armor will be avaible for transmog for my mage (example)? or i must loot it with my mage to have it?
    I am wagering you have to look on your mage. I just hope my pre catalog items carry over from quest completion. Hellooo pally and shaman gear

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does somebody know, how this will turn out for normal drops (no quest items, no class specific items)?

My main is a warrior which means, i can wear basically everything besides class specific items. So all the gear i already have in my bags right know + all the (plate) quest rewards, will be in my wardrobe.

If i'm farming old raids/instances know and i get a cloth/leather/mail item, will it be put in wardrobe or not (as it is not plate)?

edit: Oh, didnt' see the question from Baneador.
    Last edited by DDM; 2016-05-10 at 06:15 AM.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

I remember someone asked if picked up treasures will be available in wardrobe the same way as quest rewards and twitter post confirmed it. It was right after blizzcon.

Deleted
    Im a mad collector myself, so if this helps, I will lay down how im doing this.
    First off..shitloads of alts
    Get Legion Wardrobe addon, it tracks everything you have, across all chars. It also shows duplicates.
    Those items in the addon that are tagged as "green" you will have available, either you have it, or you did the related quest.
    Been working with this a while, as far as i can see the best use of time, is to collect boss drops, either dungeons or raids, as those seem to have the most unique skins.
    As to loot rules, legion wardrobe helps there, for example, if you have cloth item on a warrior, it will NOT be added, so..clearly you cannot collect cloth for those.
    Exceptions to that rule appear to be cloaks, and weapons. If you can wear those, you can mog those.