Please tell me you have more than just one picture

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Shadow Mend with the artifact trait and Masochism is going to be a ludicrous amount of self healing, I think.
    how much damage is the dot component again?

Cus I can see that as quickly los quick Shadow mend to have a permanent hot on yourself sounds juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, this is looking like it's going somewhere. What exactly did Zan'do do with the blade?
    Betting it has to do with Hak'kar, the Gurubashi were the ones responsible for that mess weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    Betting it has to do with Hak'kar, the Gurubashi were the ones responsible for that mess weren't they?
    OH!

That's why his name sounded so familiar! I bet Zan'do is the ancestor of Jin'do! It all makes sense now! This will probably explain the odd sort of connection Hakkar seemed to have with the Old God stuff. Maybe he's even one of those darkened Wild Gods, like the Twilight were creating in Hyjal.

OH!

That's why his name sounded so familiar! I bet Zan'do is the ancestor of Jin'do! It all makes sense now! This will probably explain the odd sort of connection Hakkar seemed to have with the Old God stuff. Maybe he's even one of those darkened Wild Gods, like the Twilight were creating in Hyjal.
    I would bet My Infinite Time reaver on that being not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    how much damage is the dot component again?

Cus I can see that as quickly los quick Shadow mend to have a permanent hot on yourself sounds juicy.
    The initial heal is 700% of SP, then the DOT is 350% of SP. The trait bumps the initial heal to 910% of SP, but no idea whether or not that also increases the damage of the DOT accordingly.

Assuming it doesn't, Masochism and Thoughts of Insanity turn Shadow Mend into a 1260% of SP heal.

Edit: Actually, I think it might. Thoughts of Insanity's effect on Wowhead just straight up says "Modifies Damage/Healing Done", which would lead me to believe it affects the DOT and the HOT (depending on your talent). That would be a 1365% of SP heal.

Well, this is looking like it's going somewhere. What exactly did Zan'do do with the blade?
    Well we don't know but it's easy to assume he fucked things up Also, in Zul Gurub, they're all kinda messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Please tell me you have more than just one picture
    Sadly just this one. It takes 5 days to do the research. The first one got me 3 pages. The second one bugged and the third one just gave me one page.

Homophobia is so gay.

The initial heal is 700% of SP, then the DOT is 350% of SP. The trait bumps the initial heal to 910% of SP, but no idea whether or not that also increases the damage of the DOT accordingly.

Assuming it doesn't, Masochism and Thoughts of Insanity turn Shadow Mend into a 1260% of SP heal.

Edit: Actually, I think it might. Thoughts of Insanity's effect on Wowhead just straight up says "Modifies Damage/Healing Done", which would lead me to believe it affects the DOT and the HOT (depending on your talent). That would be a 1365% of SP heal.
    Now it's almost worth taking as a "replace team utility for self sustainability" option. You lose the speed boost of B&S and the utility of breaking sheep, for a massive self heal.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nycros View Post
    Now it's almost worth taking as a "replace team utility for self sustainability" option. You lose the speed boost of B&S and the utility of breaking sheep, for a massive self heal.

Interesting...
    With the push for world/semi-solo content, I can see Masochism being a decent "farming" talent as well. Between Shadow Mend and VT, we could be pretty tanky with the right traits/talents. Add back the Shadowform damage reduction and it'll be the return of ShadowTank from Vanilla and TBC. Ok, not really, but it will potentially make world events less of a drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    With the push for world/semi-solo content, I can see Masochism being a decent "farming" talent as well. Between Shadow Mend and VT, we could be pretty tanky with the right traits/talents. Add back the Shadowform damage reduction and it'll be the return of ShadowTank from Vanilla and TBC. Ok, not really, but it will potentially make world events less of a drag.
    At this point would rather see them add damage reduction to Fade baseline.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

This sounds realy cool! If this stacks when ever you start spanming it sounds way to good! I would give uo our only speed buff for this if its worth. I would like to know from any in alpha if this stacks up if spamming shadowmend and how powerfull this is! Obviously spamming other spells between to make sure it doesn't droop combat.

Also I have been looking at the black bisshop lately trying transmogs and stuff, just noticed how cool digonal slide was! Why cant we have this? Just being compleyely offtopic but w/e!

yay shadow word death give insanity now

Quote Originally Posted by Adammonroe View Post
    yay shadow word death give insanity now
    Only if the target dies. Still requires RoS so nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Only if the target dies. Still requires RoS so nothing has changed.
    oh now im sad

With SW:Void nerfed, does that make Fortress of the Mind any more useful? Otherwise, is it useful anywhere or is it a dead talent?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    With SW:Void nerfed, does that make Fortress of the Mind any more useful? Otherwise, is it useful anywhere or is it a dead talent?
    It is possibly useful with the Insanity nerf to decrease the time between VF if you do not do well with managing VF. Otherwise, it is likely a trap talent. Sounds good "better insanity and damage!", but still outclassed by SWV and both by Twist of Fate (which sounds worse than it is for new players).

I am personally extremely hyped about the Dominant Mind pet mechanic. It's been years now that I wished that our Mind Control ability could actively contribute to our PvE performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    The new build brings marvellous nothing to the shadow.

Great.
    You seem surprised lol.

Also super excited for this beta announcement, hopefully i get an invite!

I am personally extremely hyped about the Dominant Mind pet mechanic. It's been years now that I wished that our Mind Control ability could actively contribute to our PvE performance.
    They tried that for a bit in an early alpha bit, it didn't work on everyone and seemed a bit OP. Shadow is balanced without a pet, so giving it a pet all of a sudden like a warlock controlling one of the fel imps from Auchindoun kinda breaks that design and you would never take a different talent.

Quite disappointed that SW: D hasn't been given another look at. Would love if it behaved like shadowburn so that we can have a few seconds for the target to die. Will be interesting to see how it interacts with ToF. Will it still be an increase to SW: D an off target that won't live long enough to dot just for the ToF proc since we won't get insanity without talenting for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    They tried that for a bit in an early alpha bit, it didn't work on everyone and seemed a bit OP. Shadow is balanced without a pet, so giving it a pet all of a sudden like a warlock controlling one of the fel imps from Auchindoun kinda breaks that design and you would never take a different talent.
    It's still there right? What I mean by PvE, I mean solo content and mostly in terms of flavor/utility. By no means should Shadow be balanced around pets in a raiding environment.

What I am hyped about, is an outdoors mechanic much like the Klaxxi dailies one where you had temporary mindslave pets while questing. I cannot see why that should be nerfed/removed as it simply fun and a trademark flavor making Priest feel like they are actually in control of minds while playing, outside of pvp pranks.

It's still there right? What I mean by PvE, I mean solo content and mostly in terms of flavor/utility. By no means should Shadow be balanced around pets in a raiding environment.

What I am hyped about, is an outdoors mechanic much like the Klaxxi dailies one where you had temporary mindslave pets while questing. I cannot see why that should be nerfed/removed as it simply fun and a trademark flavor making Priest feel like they are actually in control of minds while playing, outside of pvp pranks.
    It is still there if you pick the Dominant Mind talent, and it is my favourite change of this expansion in terms of solo gameplay. It is really cool.

Good luck everyone with beta invites. Especially @Djriff and @Yvaelle
    <inactive>