Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's because fun stuff isn't a real place, so it doesn't count.
    I don't think I've ever even been in that forum. I can't imagine having that kind of free time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    A bit off topic, but FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster releases on Steam this friday.
    I've never played them. Worth picking up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    It's comes in a bundle, so you're forced into a good game and a bad game. At least the first one is the good one. It has its downsides, and I'd gladly give you a further in-depth review, but it's worth playing if you're into JRPG's.

I like how I tell Lucetia of this news (both in November and today), and somehow I'm "stealing his thunder". You're silly.

I'm super excited about this; I'm not sure how much is nostalgia, but at the time at least, I considered FFX my favorite game of all time. Very curious how I'll perceive it after many years of not playing it.

As Pend says, FFX is a great game, and FFX-2... isn't. I seemed to like it more than most, but I chalk that up to the combat system. Aside from that, there are so many random mini games it's absurd. I shit you not, you have to breed monkeys in FFX-2. Why? I have no idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    To me, X is one of the best FF, I'd place it right next to VII far above every other FF ever made.

X-2, on the other hand... Let's say there's a reason it's always bundled with X now, not many people would buy it otherwise.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    X-2, on the other hand... Let's say there's a reason it's always bundled with X now, not many people would buy it otherwise.
    I'd buy it!

Because I'm a sucker for achievements, Final Fantasy games, and Rikku...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's comes in a bundle, so you're forced into a good game and a bad game. At least the first one is the good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    As Pend says, FFX is a great game, and FFX-2... isn't. I seemed to like it more than most, but I chalk that up to the combat system.
    You three are officially dead to me now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy it!

Because I'm a sucker for achievements, Final Fantasy games, and Rikku...
    I mean, yeah, Rikku, but even she doesn't make up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I hate it for probably a different reason than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I hate it for probably a different reason than most.
    Nope :P Though maybe depends on the reason.

Granted, not saying it's the best by far, but I did enjoy it for a lot of different reasons. Plus I liked the Garmet grid a lot. The costumes actually had an impact on abilities you had rather than go "Here's an upgrade, enjoy!"

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy it!
    It was so forgettable, that I actually did forget about it. I wasn't even completely sure how far I went in the game, I remember I tried the Japanese version and didn't go far (even if I could understand most at that time), then played again later when US version was released. Mostly remembered it looked more like a 100% fanservice side-quest of X than a real game.

But by looking at what people say about it I finally remembered I did, and how bad it really was. I was remembered about the concert in the Thunder plains. Possibly the most cringeworthy and cheesy FF ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Is fine, I'm already dead.
    Oh, hi.

I wasn't even completely sure how far I went in the game
    I...100%'d it. ... And I'm going to do the same on Steam. I'm both excited and disappointed by this.

I...100%'d it. ... And I'm going to do the same on Steam. I'm both excited and disappointed by this.
    You know you wanna play it for the achievements :P

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone who might be interested, here's a video with the PS2/3/4 (steam version) graphics upgrade wise. Though after seeing it, I want a Kingdom Hearts I and II on steam.

https://youtu.be/mPGH1VT2bmg

10+ Year Old Account

For anyone who might be interested, here's a video with the PS2/3/4 (steam version) graphics upgrade wise. Though after seeing it, I want a Kingdom Hearts I and II on steam.

I'd probably get that. I've never actually played a Kingdom Hearts game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked 10, it was a bit too linear I thought, but I still enjoyed it back in the day. Never played X-2 because the idea of a sequel disgusted me (call me old fashioned). Of that "era" I'd rate them 7=9>10>8 personally.

I'd like Kingdom Hearts on Steam, just because I've never played them, but they always looked decent.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I've ever even been in that forum. I can't imagine having that kind of free time.
    Aside from yes, I have a lot of free time, 20,000 (ish) posts in over 6 years isn't bad. That's like 10 posts a day, which isn't really time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    X-2 was my first ever FF game (it was pre owned and part of a special 3 for £10 offer). I enjoyed the hell out of it, even though I didn't understand a thing about the story. It's been maybe 10 years since I've played it and I still remember some things fondly. I remember very slowly learning the language of the desert people and thinking how cool it was to go from seeing jibberish to seeing an actual language. I remember feeling a connection to characters that as a pre teen, I'd never really experienced in a game before (or at least to that extent). I remember there being a ton of build up towards one of the optional mega bosses and how terrified I was to face it. The first time, it killed me in seconds. Second time I fought it for an hour before losing (and nearly crying). Third time took me about 90 minutes before I finally beat it. It was one of the most satisfying moments I've ever had.

I picked up the bundle at a 50% discount over Christmas for PS4 so won't be getting it on PC, but now that I've finished this year of university I'm looking forward to finally experiencing the story of FFX and then reliving FFX-2 (and hoping it lives up to my nostalgic memories).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never played X-2, but unlike most people I haven't played a FF game I didn't like. I'm not hard to please when it comes to games a lot of the time. I guarantee when I finally get around to playing them I will like the entire Lightning trilogy as well, haters be darned.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I guarantee when I finally get around to playing them I will like the entire Lightning trilogy as well, haters be darned.
    It all depends on your mindset. If you expect Final fantasy, nopenopenopenope. Like spiders.

If you expect Corridor Simulator 13, you're in.

Graphic wise it's cool, and i like the story so far. But hell, why. Why they did have to make it like this. Don't want to spoiler, so i'm not saying more.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It all depends on your mindset
    To me different games are different. I tend to like a lot of components of FF games which tie it together in my head to create an enjoyable experience. The music, the sounds, the familiar aspects...the combat is actually my least favorite part about the games, oddly enough. That's probably why XIV is my favorite iteration, though I missed the boat on the expansion due to my fickle MMO nature so I'll forever be behind in that game and likely not be able to play it properly.

But yeah, as long as there is a story and it sounds like FF...I'm probably going to enjoy it. Though this next one coming out looks set to blow many of the previous games out of the water. I didn't play the demo, so hopefully it will be received well.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Aside from yes, I have a lot of free time, 20,000 (ish) posts in over 6 years isn't bad. That's like 10 posts a day, which isn't really time consuming.
    My comment wasn't a shot at the postcount, it was more aimed at the "Fun Stuff" forum. From the thread titles I've seen at the top of the front page, I really had no interest in wasting time there, not my thing. =)

Thanks for the input re: FFX/XII guys. I'll definitely pick it up when it's on sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you wanna play it for the achievements :P

- - - Updated - - -

Holy cow. That's quite the difference. I played through the original two on PS2, and I bought the PS3 version, but I never played it. Definitely going to get the Steam version though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-bundle-remix

$1 Tier
    • Strider
    • Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony
    • Lost Planet 3 Complete Pack
    • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
    • 40% off Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Deluxe
    • 30% off Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

BTA Tier ($6.29 at time of writing)
    • Resident Evil Revelations
    • DmC: Devil May Cray
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Remember Me
    • More games coming soon!

$15 Tier
    • Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
    • Resident Evil 6
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-05-10 at 06:05 PM.