Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, transmog is one of the reasons I have alts.
    High end gear rewards can look better though. Personally I haven't transmogged my main through HM and BRF, simply because the gear looked cool enough. In HFC though I kept my BRF transmog set because the showoff factor couldn't justify the ugliness of the set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I definitely cannot argue that it takes 2-3 hours to find an endgame PvPer. Apparently that is done by inspection random people, checking their gear, then asking them? But I agree, I cannot see it from your perspective how removing transmog solves that and betters the community.

I thought removing LFG would do that?
    Inspection doesnt last long in the crossrealm WoW we have now..as you will mostly find partners from different realms through the premade finder for PvP. It's usually armory that will give you the info you need. Merge realms even more perhaps? Make the world feel more alive. Bring the players together instead of on seperate missions in their garrisons / lonely transmog / mount runs. So much solo content :S
    Bringing back all the lost players wich might be difficult with the current state of the game.. and except for that blizzard should stop spoiling people in the game with free loots in ashran (pvp wise) and LFR PvE wise - stop giving epic rewards to bad players. It was never the case before, why should it be now? Aquiring a green item that was better then ur old one was a big deal before.. Because it's disencouraging for many players to see this happen.. but stuffs like putting back arena ratings to aquire specific armor upgrades. Hmm.. No transmog would make the 2k shoulders 1950 helms glow more visible amongst players aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    When did he say he was roleplaying as exclusive Warcraft tropes? r Maybe he was roleplaying as an insect hunter who got caught up in Nefarian's clutches. Plus, he answered your question before you replied. Bag space. He doesn't have to carry all his costumes while raiding and can wear whatever he wants on whatever boss he's facing.
    Did you even read what I wrote? Bag space is a non issue with the system I mention. transmog just acts like an extended bag to change the gear as you'd like it. And I don't like the idea that you can change the game completely cosmetics wise, but the game core mechanics are getting more and more restricted. The same way people lose interests in mounts because there are hundreds of them and the best looking ones are bought, im afraid the same might happend to cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    1) You shouldn't need to transmog. If you're a bleeding edge raider, you should have the newest and greatest sets. That means you should still be getting those tells of admiration.
    2) Yes, he is wrong.
    3) His arguments are horrendous. He should be badgered for them.
    1. how does one know that this guy is a bleeding edge raider? Honestly I still get /w myself but mostly about how well made my transmog sets are. Which honestly do not tug my epeen a lot... Still is it nice to be complimented though.

2. he is not wrong - you just like transmog so much it outweighs anything negative. My guess is the negatives (if you ever thought about it) do not really apply to you. So you don't care. Does not make the guy wrong.

3. sure his arguments are perhaps not the best in the world. But you can respond in a more mature manner.... right?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has to be the worst "remove something" thread to date. Transmog is one of the best additions to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Why is Superman wearing his iconic suit? Hell, why has any hero char a really distinct style thats recognizable at first glance?

Because it looks epic!

Same with transmog, this is still an RPG so you play a role.
    Your character isn't just numbers (yeah i know, all digital stuff is technically numbers ha ha ;P) its the role you play.
    With this having your style is something awesome. People will see you from a mile away and will know this is the hero they deserve.

Also choices are a good thing.
    Your "logic" amazes me. Really. You IMMEDIATELY contradicted yourself. Let me unpack that:

What transmog does is it takes your accomplishments and rewards, given to you because of your role in the world as a class, as a PvP'er/PvE'er/collector, and as an either good or bad player - and throws all of that out of the window so you can look any way you want.

Being able to look any way you want is certainly cool in some respects, but it also really detracts from the feeling of there being a direct relation between your appearance and your role in the world and your accomplishments.

Some think that's a tradeoff that's good for the game, others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    You can since the stats come with the transmog. statless was just an idea for pure cosmetic items. transmog items shouldnt be statless, but they shouldnt change the look of existing gear like now, rather just act like an extended bagspace so you can swap looks without too much hassle.
    Yes but if i'm tanking with an overoptimized but good looking gear, i will lose my raid spot.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Negatives:
    You cannot right away assume someone's skill level.
    To the people saying: "Yeah but you can still inspect people!!!" - you are seriously incapable of knowing what it is to be human apparantly as you've shown in many other threads. Humans do not work that way. How do they work? Well you see someone running around in gear X and you know that players progress and can assume a certain skilllevel that goes along with it. However if transmog is there, you won't be remotely interested to check that players gear out. You won't bother to inspect. When transmog was not a thing yet, I inspected more people. Think about it. What is negative about this you ask? Well it removes the value of gear itself. It removes "epeen" (epeen is not always bad). It leads to less conversations between people however brief that has to do with progress. I for one was GM, before transmog was a thing, I would get recruits just from them looking at my gear. But now they won't even inspect anymore. So that is lost recruitmentpotential right there. Is this a huge factor? No. It all however, adds up.

I don't see HOW it is a negative impact. PuG with high ilevel requirements aren't all successful. A good gear doesn't come with the skill levels anymore. I know bad geared characters who outplay heroic geared characters. People buy mythic runs, buy gear, are being carried in PuG. It doesn't remove epeen since you can always show off your mythic gear if you had one. You can show off your AOTC achievements, yours mythic achievements and titles, your glory of the raiders mount, your mythic Archimonde or your H Archimonde mount.

There is plenty of way of showing off without the gear

For the GM example, people just doesn't apply like that anymore. When I see a mythic raider in his sets, I can still recognize him and being envious / jealous / salty, whatever. But it's more tied to the "multi-difficulty" of the same raids than it is tied to xmog.

When you see someone in BT stuff at BC, you can always expect to join because "hey, it's just a raid, like Karazhan". But when you see a mythic raider nowadays, you just say yourself : "Waaah, I wish I had the time and the skill to play at this level".

Quote Originally Posted by Betongjocke View Post
    Do you honestly think they wouldnt change armor sets to become more streamlined and better matchups if this would be the case in 2016-2017-2018? And going further with this subject, i would wanna see LFD/LFR/normal just removed from the game instantly aswell as they're completly useless and gamebreaking. Setting a higher standard difficulty for raids again, making gear harder to achieve wich would lead to more appreciation. Then a stupid cosmetic ever will.
    So basically, everything would look the same?

Seriously, Transmog is a beloved feature that's here to stay. It gives players OPTIONS and greater CONTROL over their identity...

Did you even read what I wrote? Bag space is a non issue with the system I mention. transmog just acts like an extended bag to change the gear as you'd like it. And I don't like the idea that you can change the game completely cosmetics wise, but the game core mechanics are getting more and more restricted. The same way people lose interests in mounts because there are hundreds of them and the best looking ones are bought, im afraid the same might happend to cosmetics.
    There's only 3 purchasable cosmetic pieces of gear in the Blizzard Store, and they've been there for years now. The best mounts are most definitely not the ones from the store. My OG Zulian Tiger will always trump any store mount.

This would be such an unpopular move. People love being able to customize and express themselves. Look at all the money that's made from customizing phones, cars, homes... You name it - if people use it, they love to customize it! If Blizz does anything they should add more ways to customize cosmetic stuff (as they are doing with glyphs), not fewer.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

312 mounts here and still VERY much into collecting them. I can't buy a single mount that I have left to collect for anything below gold cap, and that is IF they show up on the BMAH and someone else doesn't make it there before me...you're ignorant yet pretending to know something about "problems" within the game which is rather sad.

I understand your point OP, I also remember going back to Ironforge to learn new spells and seeing that awesome T2 rogue or warrior. It motivated me to go on and eventually get into raids and have my own set just to show off to other players and get rid of the multicolor non consistent parts of gear I was wearing at the time.

But as Garrosh said, "times change", now we have mounts, titles that fulfil that purpose. There are other ways to show off (rankings, leaderboards, etc etc) and no one really wants to go again leveling with strange looking combination of green gear.

Besides, transmog adds a ton of content by running old raids / dungeons, we don't need to remove things that add value to old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So basically, everything would look the same?

Seriously, Transmog is a beloved feature that's here to stay. It gives players OPTIONS and greater CONTROL over their identity...
    Too bad it only shows that most people lack identity. Very few people sport unique transmog with some kind of thought behind it. Mostly it just makes the game uglier in general. And tbh I rather see what kinda player a person is than their sense of fashion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    I understand your point OP, I also remember going back to Ironforge to learn new spells and seeing that awesome T2 rogue or warrior. It motivated me to go on and eventually get into raids and have my own set just to show off to other players and get rid of the multicolor non consistent parts of gear I was wearing at the time
    I never cared about what gear others wear, and I still don't care about it. Why would I?
    I do, however, care about Transmog, which is - in my opinion - hands down one of the best features Blizzard has ever added to the game. Especially with the upcoming wardrobe.

So: No OP. Just no.

Inspect them or look at their armory

Deleted
    This is an incredibly stupid idea for an RPG! There is a reason why most MMO RPGs have some kind of a vanity look. Hell, even DC Universe Online has a vanity look interface for your superhero.

I want my characters to have a special look which fits their spec, their theme, and their personality. Without transmog this is not possible except when I am in a city or other non-combattant zones. This is kinda immersion-breaking.

Yes, in PvP it's somehow cool to be able to judge the power of your enemy by the looks - but does it really matter? You can just prepare for the worst.

Too bad it only shows that most people lack identity. Very few people sport unique transmog with some kind of thought behind it. Mostly it just makes the game uglier in general. And tbh I rather see what kinda player a person is than their sense of fashion.
    A fucking LOT of people sport transmogs with thought behind them, only there's not much to do about the fact that the possibilities are finite within a game where there's a certain amount of armor appearances.

Want to see what kinda player a person is? Just inspect them and you'll have your answer already. Add titles and mounts to that, and you'd have to be blind to not get your precious information so that you can gawk in awe... Making issues out of shit that's NOT an issue is just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    I understand your point OP, I also remember going back to Ironforge to learn new spells and seeing that awesome T2 rogue or warrior. It motivated me to go on and eventually get into raids and have my own set just to show off to other players and get rid of the multicolor non consistent parts of gear I was wearing at the time.

But as Garrosh said, "times change", now we have mounts, titles that fulfil that purpose. There are other ways to show off (rankings, leaderboards, etc etc) and no one really wants to go again leveling with strange looking combination of green gear.

Besides, transmog adds a ton of content by running old raids / dungeons, we don't need to remove things that add value to old content.
    I'd MUCH rather have a "strange looking combination of gear" (it's usually not that strange really, except for in tBC) than look literally the same from 1 to 100, which is what you do now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I despise modern wow but transmog is one of the good things in it.

It's funny people want to inspect or judge the player's skill by the appearance when most of the time you can just look and their HP to tell you that...
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.