Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    step 1 - eat vegetables, rice, nuts, drink water, and take vitamin tablets
    step 2 - Tell every mother-fucker you meat that you are a vegan

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism
    Whoops looks like strict vegetarian is another name for dietary vegan. And there is such a thing as vegan diet.
    Uhm, that's exactly what I said. A dietary vegan, someone who eats a vegan diet, is a strict vegetarian. Not sure why you repeat my point.

Don't distort reality just so you can paint me as an uneducated moron.
    You are the one changing the meaning of 'vegan' by simplifying it to only eating a vegan diet. That's not on me. How you extrapolate that to a personal attack on your education or mental skills is beyond me.

For one you just give weight to the negative stereotypes about vegans.
    Why?

For another, you are just pissing me off by trying to make me look less intelligent than I am.
    No, you are pissed of because you feel attacked, which is about insecurity. Are you insecure about your intelligence or life choices? Because I wasn't attacking you personally. Having a different opinion from yours has nothing to do with intelligence.

Sure I can't do anything about it, but I don't believe it makes you feal good that someone out there thinks you are a shitty human being who should think twice before passing one his genes.
    Excuse me? You are the one crossing the line here, not me. And no, I don't care about you feeling this way at all, especially because it makes no sense whatsoever. Feeling so attacked to the point of wishing someone to remain childless because they don't share your opinion is pretty bad and reflects worse on you then me. I only hope you get help for your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    If you are going for healthy, you might want to take a look at the Paleo Diet.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/paleo-diet

What You Can Eat and What You Can't
    Oh god paleo... The whole paleo idea lacks accepting the fact that we are now living much longer than we ever did before. We have just started to begin to understand what effects bacteria in our intestines have in terms of nutrition. Just saying something is good because our ancestors did it is plain wrong, it could be right but the argument is stupid.
    I really don't get the whole which diet is healthier thing. The most important thing is to get the recommended intake macros and micros into your mealplan and you'll be perfectly fine. People tend to overdo certain things in their life.

Edit: There is also a lack of papers which study the long term effects of a paleo diet.
    Last edited by Bloodwolf; 2016-05-10 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    I want to live longer, have more energy and help the environment and my body
    Things a vegan diet wont help with:

-living longer
    -having more energy
    -helping the enviroment

.. I guess the diet part might help with these things depending on your habits but a vegan diet? .. nope.

From what I've seen vegans are either naive hot chicks or hippies, if you're one of these go for it for all the wrong reasons or realise buying 'responsible'(free range or whatnot)-meat will have more of an effect on the meat industry than abstenance. And you can still enjoy the ocassional meat salad!

PS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    First thing you have to do is tell everyone you meet that you are one. Its all smooth sailing from there.
    this guy gets it.

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism
    Yeah meat, especially beef really is very expensive. But so are plant milks. Or at least more expensive than animal milks. Well they are here anyway.

Pretty much yes. You probably shit some of it out, but most of it lingers in your body. That's why you can overdose fat solluble vitamins accidentally. You can overdose water soluble ones as well, but you really need to make an effort to do that.
    Well you can never go wrong with regular blood tests, vegan or not. You may never know what scary shit they find.
    Plant milks certainly can be expensive, there are brand ones like almond breeze or your local store brand. I go trough4 litres of almond milk in about a week, which costs me 6 pounds. 6 pounds worth of meat isn't going to last me a week. Not that almond milk equals nutrients in meat, it doesn't.
    You can eat cheap on a omnivore diet and cheap on a vegan diet just as you can eat extravagant on either, but when you put the two toghether I think eating a diet with meat will still be more pricy. Unless you maybe buy everything organic, which is bs.

I'm not an expert on how the body works, but I find it hard to believe vitamins/minerals that doesn't get abosrbed lingers in your body forever, I've eaten a huge amount of spinach in my life, especially recently, and as there is no way to eat spinach without reaching "high" levels of vitamin A I'd think I'd be feeling pretty shit.

Also do you have a source that says it'll stay in your body forever? It would be an interesting read as I myself can't find anything on the matter.

You start by eating a ....
    ve
    ge
    table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Someone on my Facebook who recently linked an article on ways to go vegan. The article is old but it kind of made me want to try a vegan diet. I also watched some videos and saw how bad animals are treated. I want to live longer, have more energy and help the environment and my body, any tips on how to start a vegan diet?
    Being a vegan does none of these that eating meat won't be able to achieve with less effort...so other than pretending to save animals, why do you want to become a vegan?

If eating other animals bothers you so much why not go vegetarian? Veganism just sound incredibly unhealthy. Atleast vegetarians can have milk, cheese, yogurt, and maybe eggs (assume they arent actually unborn chicken fetuses.)

FYI: Why does mass slaughter of animals bother them so much? no way factory bread animals are gonna survive in the outside world. Arent those things pretty much indoctrinated anyway? they're basically not living things to begin with.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2016-05-10 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    First thing you have to do is tell everyone you meet that you are one. Its all smooth sailing from there.
    That made me laugh harder than it should. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Uhm, that's exactly what I said. A dietary vegan, someone who eats a vegan diet, is a strict vegetarian. Not sure why you repeat my point.

Uhm, no. You said that nobody can be a vegan just by eating a vegan diet. I am saying that strict vegetarian is just another term for dietary vegan, which is a completely valid and real sub group of vegans, who eat a vegan diet, but don't do anything else. We are saying the exact opposite. And only I am supporting my claims.

You are the one changing the meaning of 'vegan' by simplifying it to only eating a vegan diet. That's not on me. How you extrapolate that to a personal attack on your education or mental skills is beyond me.

No, you are changing the meaning of vegan by excluding those who aren't true vegans for you. Don't be an elitist. Really. It will just hurt your relationships with people. And what you are doing is a personal attack because you are accusing me of doing something dumb either because I'm not intelligent enough to realize or I simply have some sort of malicious intent. Doesn't matter which. I take offense to both.

Why?

Because either knowingly or by instict you are trying to make me look like an uneducated jerk. It is exactly the false sense of superiority that many accuse vegans of.

No, you are pissed of because you feel attacked, which is about insecurity. Are you insecure about your intelligence or life choices? Because I wasn't attacking you personally. Having a different opinion from yours has nothing to do with intelligence.

Again incorrect. I just pointed out that you were not correct without any further comment. You responded with accusing me of doing something bad for reasons that logically are ignorance and/or malice. I'm perfectly secure in my intelligence, choices and malice. I just take offense to anonymous people judging me. Especially if they aren't correct.

Excuse me? You are the one crossing the line here, not me. And no, I don't care about you feeling this way at all, especially because it makes no sense whatsoever. Feeling so attacked to the point of wishing someone to remain childless because they don't share your opinion is pretty bad and reflects worse on you then me. I only hope you get help for your problems.
    Honestly I don't care if your oppinion is different. You are entitled to it. Normally I wouldn't even care that I know that your oppinion is wrong. But you had to be a jerk about it and that I cannot tolerate. I may have fallen to your level (or lower unfortunately) but I really don't want innocent young children to be exposed to your warped, antagonistic worldview.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Plant milks certainly can be expensive, there are brand ones like almond breeze or your local store brand. I go trough4 litres of almond milk in about a week, which costs me 6 pounds. 6 pounds worth of meat isn't going to last me a week. Not that almond milk equals nutrients in meat, it doesn't.
    You can eat cheap on a omnivore diet and cheap on a vegan diet just as you can eat extravagant on either, but when you put the two toghether I think eating a diet with meat will still be more pricy. Unless you maybe buy everything organic, which is bs.

I'm not an expert on how the body works, but I find it hard to believe vitamins/minerals that doesn't get abosrbed lingers in your body forever, I've eaten a huge amount of spinach in my life, especially recently, and as there is no way to eat spinach without reaching "high" levels of vitamin A I'd think I'd be feeling pretty shit.

Also do you have a source that says it'll stay in your body forever? It would be an interesting read as I myself can't find anything on the matter.
    Now you I like arguing with.

Well of course it doesn't stay in your body forever. That would be stupid. It might if you never eat any fat whatsoever, but I hardly think that is possible. But it does stay in your body for a very long time, so it can build up. I'm not a medical expert either so it is better to consult a doctor, but fat soluble vitamins really can build up to toxic levels.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2016-05-10 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015
    any tips on how to start a vegan diet?
    You must be spiritually prepared. First, you must sacrifice a lamb. Do no bind it or render it impure by drugging it. Slit its throat and hold it as it bleeds out. Feel the flow of warm blood as it runs across your hands. Feel the lamb struggle and fall limp. Now, look at what you have wrought. Look at the lamb, symbol of innocence, fleece stained red by your violence.

You already feel like going vegan now, right?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Honestly I don't care if your oppinion is different. You are entitled to it. Normally I wouldn't even care that I know that your oppinion is wrong. But you had to be a jerk about it and that I cannot tolerate. I may have fallen to your level (or lower unfortunately) but I really don't want innocent young children to be exposed to your warped, antagonistic worldview..
    I stand by my point that a vegan is somebody living the vegan lifestyle and someone just eating vegan is a strict vegetarian. Those terms have been around for years (in fact, two of my schoolmates were vegan, which was almost 20 years ago) and just because it now becomes hip to eat vegan, doesn't mean you can switch terms around and change meaning (and uhm, wiki as a source? Anyone can change that, including you and me, to suit their argument). There is an existing term for someone eating vegan, and it's not vegan.

By the way, you are very, very offensive and you take this personal while it most definitely is not. I reported you, because I can't tolerate behavior like yours. You can argue with me and disagree with me, as I do with you, but there is no reason to be so nasty to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I stand by my point that a vegan is somebody living the vegan lifestyle and someone just eating vegan is a strict vegetarian. Those terms have been around for years (in fact, two of my schoolmates were vegan, which was almost 20 years ago) and just because it now becomes hip to eat vegan, doesn't mean you can switch terms around and change meaning (and uhm, wiki as a source? Anyone can change that, including you and me, to suit their argument). There is an existing term for someone eating vegan, and it's not vegan.

By the way, you are very, very offensive and you take this personal while it most definitely is not. I reported you, because I can't tolerate behavior like yours. You can argue with me and disagree with me, as I do with you, but there is no reason to be so nasty to me.
    Somebody "eating" vegan is following a plant based diet. I find the term strict vegetarian to be misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Being a vegan does none of these that eating meat won't be able to achieve with less effort...so other than pretending to save animals, why do you want to become a vegan?
    lol, you don't know the first effing thing you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Vegetarian
    means they don't eat meat, but still eat dairy and use animal products, like leather, wool, etc.
    • It can be an ethical and/or health choice.

Vegan
    means they don't eat meat or dairy or anything else that comes from animals, nor do they use animal products.
    • It is an ethical choice.

Eating a plant based diet
    means they don't eat meat or dairy but will eat other things from animals like honey and will use animal products.
    • It is purely a health choice.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I want to live longer, have more energy and help the environment and my body
    Don't become a vegan then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    If eating other animals bothers you so much why not go vegetarian? Veganism just sound incredibly unhealthy. Atleast vegetarians can have milk, cheese, yogurt, and maybe eggs (assume they arent actually unborn chicken fetuses.)

FYI: Why does mass slaughter of animals bother them so much? no way factory bread animals are gonna survive in the outside world. Arent those things pretty much indoctrinated anyway? they're basically not living things to begin with.
    Sigh.

Being vegan isn't about saving every single animal from death. That's stupid, living things die all the time.

You're ignorant on the subject so it makes sense you're confused. The animals that are factory farmed are not out there just breeding like natural and have such large numbers we need to eat them or they take over. Factory farmed animals are forcibly & artificially bred. Cows don't just produce milk all the time. They have to be pregnant or just have given birth, so these cows are kept on a constant cycle of being pregnant. They achieve that by artificially insementating them. That makes the males born unnecessary which are then tiurned into veal calves, which looks like this:

We slaughter 15 billion animals a year, the majority of which are bred specifically to be slaughtered.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    God gave man pigs so we can have bacon. What other point do pigs serve if not to give us bacon? Pigs are bacon machines. It is Gods will that we eat meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Somebody "eating" vegan is following a plant based diet. I find the term strict vegetarian to be misleading.
    In what way do you find it misleading? What do you feel a strict vegetarian would eat that a vegan doesn't eat (or the other way around, something a vegan eats that the strict vegetarian doesn't eat)?

Deleted
    Humans are meat eaters, we even have teeth designed for it. Specific animals such as cows are bred entirely for their milk/meat. That's just the way things are. Mistreatment and abuse are different matters though that needs to be seriously looked at. Nothing wrong with being a vegan of course but just saying it isn't going to make much of a real difference to your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Humans are meat eaters, we even have teeth designed for it. Specific animals such as cows are bred entirely for their milk/meat. That's just the way things are. Mistreatment and abuse are different matters though that needs to be seriously looked at. Nothing wrong with being a vegan of course but just saying it isn't going to make much of a real difference to your life.
    Actually we're not adapted to eat raw meat, which would be a better test.

As I said earlier in the thread humans have a strange set of adaptations, considering that all of the tools we use to harvest and cook food were developed by evolutionary ancestors. So we were basically born into relatively advanced food preparation as a species. We require additional tools to eat meat (such as cooking, and/or knives to cut it into smaller portions). However we require certain nutrients that are only readily available from animals (however we can get them by eating eggs/bacterial culture/etc).

We can also easily consume insects.

We also can't consume grains/legumes or get very much nutrition out of most plant matter without cooking either.

This is why people are so good at dying when they get stranded.