Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Guldan minions?
    He killed by sargeras in illidan body

Deleted
    Spoiler :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Laike1383 View Post
    In the Illidan book he is marked by the Naruu and given a vision of redemption. The Naruu tells him, however, that it will come at a price- he has to die first. Fast forward a bit and we kill him at the Black Temple. There was reference to Vol'Jin saying he was going to look for help. I hypothesize that both Vol'Jin and Varian were also approached and marked by the Naruu to be reborn again as champions of the light- like Illidan. They too presumably must pay the price for this transformation necessitating their demise. This would also tie in to Anduin leading the army of the light as he has now assumed a mantle of leadership and through the crucible of the Legion expansion, and presumably at least one more, he will grow into the leader Blizzard had intended him to be.

So there is a very real possibility of Vol'Jin and Varian both dying, not de facto resurrecting or being raised as forsaken, but still able to re-appear in the story later on. It will be interesting to see where we are after this expansion and how much our characters know of the void lords.
    It was a vision in illidan's mind.
    He isn't champion of light.

Didn't even have to be logged in, or looking at this section of the forums for the spoilers. This sucks. Please use spoiler tags.

I can't post an image to it because I haven't posted enough, but your thread showed up right there under the recent forum posts on the main page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gtfo with all the spoiler whining. Everyone and his dog knew this for months now. If you lived under a rock and get triggered by "spoilers" then don't read forums about legion or wow in general.

Let me guess you didn't know Vol'jin is dead as well and Illidan becomes a holy archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Actually we do

"After a long battle, King Varian fell and the Alliance retreats back to Stormwind. His funeral was held in Stormwind Keep, with every leader of the Alliance and countless mourning citizens attending. The Alliance leaders discuss their future and Anduin is crowned King of Stormwind. Before he met his end, Varian had given the letter he wrote to Anduin to Genn Greymane, but Genn could not bring himself to face Anduin and had an adventurer deliver it in his stead"
    Actually we don't. "King Varian fell and the Alliance retreats back to Stormwind" does not equal "We buried his dead corpse and was 100% sure he was dead". Warcraft heroes / villains have survived what looks to be mortal wounds before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Actually we don't. "King Varian fell and the Alliance retreats back to Stormwind" does not equal "We buried his dead corpse and was 100% sure he was dead". Warcraft heroes / villains have survived what looks to be mortal wounds before.
    His grave in Stormwind is just for art sake.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    No. He should have become the final raid boss for a raid called "Siege of Stormwind"
    This. And then be killed by a rock during a cheesy cinematic after a short quest line.

Deleted
    Have you seen the cinematic? Then how can you know he doesn't die heroicly?

And I agree with the second post, I'd have loved a Siege of Stormwind to even the score.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Right, so it's okay to spoil mechanics changes to those who'd rather not see them but not okay to spoil story? By it's very nature a new content forum will spoil new content. Would it have been nice for him to put spoiler tags? Sure, should you get pissy for a spoiler posted in a place for spoilers? Not really.
    I see zero threads about mechanics providing spoilers in the title.

This thread spoiled lore in the title.

Get over yourself.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

@ people complaining about spoilers.

Why the fuck do you come to a wow datamining site, let alone, the subsection of THE NEW EXPANSION?

People complaining about spoilers in a Legion discussion forum. FailFish.

Varian Wrynn was one of the most iconic and important characters in Warcraft history,
    Up until Wrath he actually wasn't. He just sorta came out of nowhere after being lost for a few years. The only thing you heard about him before he showed up in-game was Anduin's "Have you heard any news of my father?".
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-05-10 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Varian, at best, is a tier 2 char ;p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    It was a vision in illidan's mind.
    He isn't champion of light.
    But he WILL be. Also a vision in his mind caused by the Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Up until Wrath he actually wasn't. He just sorta came out of nowhere after being lost for a few years. The only thing you heard about him before he showed up in-game was Anduin's "Have you heard any news of my father?".
    If my memory is right, there was chain quest about him inside the game.

Also, Garrosh wasn't out himself until BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Varian, at best, is a tier 2 char ;p
    For Hordes?
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    The Title show up in front page whatever someone post new thread/post.
    Last edited by greeeed; 2016-05-10 at 12:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    @ people complaining about spoilers.

Why the fuck do you come to a wow datamining site, let alone, the subsection of THE NEW EXPANSION?
    it was on the fucking fron page...didnt even look in this forum. Think before you speak.

fucking OP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    you do know that recent posts pop up on the front page right? You can take back your words now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post

For Hordes?
    Sure.
    For all. He popped up after WOTLK whereas Thrall, for example, was already in W3 and on since then. He wasn't ever really as big a figure as some other NPCs. They developed him more in MOP but that's still not enough. Velen is even lower tier tbh. Malfurion is a good example of T1 char on alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I see zero threads about mechanics providing spoilers in the title.

This thread spoiled lore in the title.

Get over yourself.
    "New Transmog system..." some people like discovering that stuff too.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    it was on the fucking fron page...didnt even look in this forum. Think before you speak.

fucking OP

- - - Updated - - -

you do know that recent posts pop up on the front page right? You can take back your words now.
    Then UNCHECK the legion subforum, jesus christ you people are idiots.

Deleted
    I think I've mistaken a rumor for a fact but I thought this happened.

Guldan and Cordana go to get Illidan's body, maiev and demonhunters try to protect it and fail.

Guldan creates a vessel for sargeras out of Illidan's body. Then sargeras kills Varian in the cinematic. But I guess that was what someone thought and I read is as the story from the scenario