Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mained hunter for a long time but I'll probably be moving to another class in Legion. What is the current state of ranged dps on alpha? Which non-hunter ranged dps class has the best mobility?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oaq2J7uaEHs

Look like MM hunter sucks hard, and that fire mages are so hilarious now. No good news for hunter so I will enjoy playing more World of Tanks during legion expansion then. TVP T 50/51 is still great fun.
    Already planning on rerolling ww monk now that all the bullshit short cds have been removed from monks and the class has become fun to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    No one cares about us.
    That is very much correct. Try looking for hunter Legion vids, you barely find 2 or 3, of which only 1 is relevant. Either interest for the hunter class is very low in Legion, or Blizzard didn't really invite too many hunter players who also make vids.

Meanwhile if you want to see vids about warriors, dh or, shit, survival hunters, you get spammed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I felt BM was a little empty rotation wise but I guess it's possible they want that to be an easier spec. I actually really enjoy Survival and while Marks isn't incredible, it's much better than on live.

Survival feels warrior like with a pet by your side. The only thing I don't really like about the spec is the artifact abilitys animation.... looks monk-ish.

Marksman used to be about standing still and all those annoying mechanics but now it's just about doing a "set-up" shot to then hit with Marked Shot which is like a snipe. It's neat to do a Multi-shot, see a bunch of targets light up and then hit your big hitting shot.

There are some definite areas of improvement but Hunter's are really in no better or worse of a spot than any other class with major overhauls
    If the Survival Artifact animation isn't a placeholder, I don't know what to say. It's literally Fists of Fury and it looks like absolute shit for a Hunter with a spear in their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Already planning on rerolling ww monk now that all the bullshit short cds have been removed from monks and the class has become fun to play.

- - - Updated - - -

That is very much correct. Try looking for hunter Legion vids, you barely find 2 or 3, of which only 1 is relevant. Either interest for the hunter class is very low in Legion, or Blizzard didn't really invite too many hunter players who also make vids.

Meanwhile if you want to see vids about warriors, dh or, shit, survival hunters, you get spammed with them.
    Wow. It's really sad how this crying goes on in every class forum. "Nobody cares about me! Mooooom!" come on. Grow up.

welp so much for me wanting to reroll hunter in legion form enhance. i don't want to play surv coz id just be rerolling from one melee to another, marks is just me to to me atm and if it wasn't for bm i wouldn't have even made a hunter to begin with...not looking good for me

I take it banding together, making a post on the alpha forums, say 10+ peeps, all making a post 'Stop ignoring hunters' will maybe spark a reply? And perhaps a temp ban xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I take it banding together, making a post on the alpha forums, say 10+ peeps, all making a post 'Stop ignoring hunters' will maybe spark a reply? And perhaps a temp ban xD
    As a paladin, we've gotten the same treatment in the past. That will most definitely not help you, will most likely make them remain silent, they dislike things like that. Just keep providing your feedback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    As a paladin, we've gotten the same treatment in the past. That will most definitely not help you, will most likely make them remain silent, they dislike things like that. Just keep providing your feedback.
    At this point it's already over. The abominable Legion Hunter mechanics are here to stay. We just need to be logical and pack our stuff and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Just keep providing your feedback.
    They don't care about feedback. Look at BM. A lot of people asked for more abilities, talent to make cobra shot a focus generator, chimera shot baseline, etc. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    They don't care about feedback. Look at BM. A lot of people asked for more abilities, talent to make cobra shot a focus generator, chimera shot baseline, etc. Nothing has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    At this point it's already over. The abominable Legion Hunter mechanics are here to stay. We just need to be logical and pack our stuff and leave.

Sorry, I don't want to say much about hunters because I don't main one and haven't done much testing with the class, but it's basically the same way Ret is treated. We've definitely gotten some improvements over the course of alpha, but we have one main problem that exists and we've been providing logical feedback on how to make it work without being clunky but it hasn't been changed. It's the only thing that really hasn't been touched. That and the abomination that is equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    No one cares about us.
    Lol, i always enjoy your posts KTB.

But yeah, dont feel too bad, celeshiton doesnt care about anyone. Ask the rogue forums, ask warriors, ask shamans, ask any tank, and they'll all tell you the same shit.

God I never thought I'd say this, but I miss ghostcrawler. At least that dude had a god damn clue how the game worked and what made it "fun".

Celestalon is an absolute mongoloid.

Still can't grasp why they felt the need to butcher Survival...never loved a spec as I loved SoO Survival Hunter...it had flaws which could have been improved on, but they butchered it for the entirety of WoD. Maybe to make it less of a blow with how they're changing it with Legion?

If I had a alpha/beta invite I would make a new topic every build in the general legion section to ask wtf they are doing to our class, and I wouldn't care less if they would ban me eventually because I have played a hunter since vanilla, and this time it seems to be over, and I have no interest in the other classes.. hunter for life..

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen of it the specs work(excluding Hati/other bm issues) it just looks sooo boring to play.
    I still don't get why they didn't keep WoD bm since I figured that would be the least changed since it was mostly fine.

What I'd really like are posts by a dev like the one brewmaster monks got. Where they say what they expect our gameplay to look like in different situations, for all three specs.

Unfortunately I don't think they'll do that, since everyone would then expect their spec/class to get the same treatment. But in case of the brewmasters the resulting discussion lead to improvements, as far as I could tell by the blue tracker.

Well, I feel bad for the current hunter players - the change to survival to make it a spear-wielding melee guy with a pet sounds awesome to me, as a person who does not play a hunter at all.

But, generally, I mean - BM is still ranged weapon guy with a pet, and MM is ranged guy without pet, so - if you liked survival before, I'm guessing they tried to make some rotational options/talents/something for the other two to keep the feel alive?

It's good to have variety, but I understand the sentiment. I'm ok with it now, but I was pretty livid about the death of 2H frost for death knights in this expansion, but after I saw the animations for frost combat for Legion, I'm ok.

Who knows what'll happen though.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Well, I feel bad for the current hunter players - the change to survival to make it a spear-wielding melee guy with a pet sounds awesome to me, as a person who does not play a hunter at all.
    No offense but this is a huge issue with hunter class design right now. A whole lot of people who do not play hunters (including Celestalon apparently) popping in and saying "yep, all looks good" while not understanding the fundamental flaws with the core Hunter gameplay in Legion and how much of a leap backwards it is in general.

Just look at Mikepreachwow's steaming pile of shit of a video where he spent the whole time fawning over Headshot damage and dismissed the elephant in the room that is the near total loss of mobility for Marksman hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    No offense but this is a huge issue with hunter class design right now. A whole lot of people who do not play hunters (including Celestalon apparently) popping in and saying "yep, all looks good" while not understanding the fundamental flaws with the core Hunter gameplay in Legion and how much of a leap backwards it is in general.

Just look at Mikepreachwow's steaming pile of shit of a video where he spent the whole time fawning over Headshot damage and dismissed the elephant in the room that is the near total loss of mobility for Marksman hunters.
    None taken friend, what you said was kind of what I was trying to communicate - the whole spear-wielding melee hunter thing seems to be appealing to everyone except people who play hunters. Which again, is cool to me, it actually makes me want to roll a hunter and play a melee hunter - Dark Age of Camelot's Midgard realm had a hunter class, and it was fully viable/playable (well, not sure about RvR at the true height of play) using its melee form, which was a spear user with a wolf, though I believe you could get a bear too.

But I get the complaint from actual hunter players/current hunter players. I feel like this would've been me (in your and many others' shoes) if they'd gone with something like making Unholy DKs a caster, like a demonology lock but with a ton of less permanent pets and death magic - sort of like the "Bone Dancer" from Dark Age of Camelot (yeah, I can draw a lot of parallels to that beautiful game).

At any rate, I think some of these issues are fixable - rotational problems, etc.. but the melee hunter and some of the really big core sticks for MM and whatnot are probably here to stay, unfortunately.

Tl;dr no offense taken, I feel your pain a little, but not as much as if they'd bastardized one of my class' specs into a caster. Though I'd seriously pay money to play that warrior "triage" healer spec that someone made a joke about a couple years ago.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

just like when we made celestalon play MM in wod beta?

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    just like when we made celestalon play MM in wod beta?
    I have no clue what was going on in WoD but now I see nothing but trouble, I just don't want to reroll..

I have no clue what was going on in WoD but now I see nothing but trouble, I just don't want to reroll..
    I think people are missing the point.

You're supposed to play a Hunter because you want to be a Hunter, you want your Pet, you want to engage in Wild-man guerilla tactics, or hell, you just want a gun (Which if is your fetish btw you should play Outlaw Rogue, they're gunslingers now.)

But right now EVERYONE plays hunter because its retardedly overpowered and overperforming. (Only class that can cast everything from range while moving nonstop.)

You're supposed to reroll. If that was even an option for anyone, those people are supposed to no longer be hunters. This is the pruning of a far, far too overseen, over played class. This is appropriate, this is happening, and this isn't changing.