Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I believe it those who do so are a bunch of privileged, ungrateful, entitled, sheep masquerading as rebels despite never paying a personal consequence for anything their entire lives
    Perfect definition for the sjws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I don't get the big deal about it, America has a seemingly weird relationship to their flag relative to other countries though. I think it's the nationalism levels out in the states. I envy their freedom to love and flaunt their national pride, but I do think there are some areas where it breaches beyond pride and becomes ideology.
    National pride, or at least national identification is very strong in the US.
    The flag is - contrary to what this thread might suggest - very well beloved by the vast majority.
    It's been one of the first things I've noticed when I came to the US. That abundant display of it. You see the flag everywhere. When I get out of the house, just looking up and down the street, I see a flag on every third home, throughout the year.
    With that background, Americans burning said flag, has quite some magnitude attached to it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why not burn a pair of socks then?
    Those actually serve me well.

As a Dane, I have plenty of experience with having my flag burned, and honestly I don't give a fuck.

You can't say its just a cloth and they wouldn't do it.... because they wouldn't go out of their way to do so if it were a meaningless act.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Or it can means hated towards the backwards direction a country is going, and the twisted orange leaders some are choosing to follow. Expression can mean many things.
    Well like I said, there are better ways to represent political dissatisfaction rather than burning the very symbol of ones nation. The nations flag is meant to represent the nation as a whole and not a single political ideology. Burning the flag is disrespectful to the nation in general and says to me that "I hate America" rather than "I hate party X".
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Uh, No it isn't, its a symbol of our way of life and the people that died to protect it.
    So? xD It's still just a piece of cloth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel anything about the American flag, but in Finland it's criminal to burn/violate the Finnish flag. How is it in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Are you really trying to make a case that you need the indoctrination of the military to have this misplaced form of national pride and think it is a good thing? It borders on the religious, its creepy as hell and it serves no purpose what so ever (the misplaced national pride). Fanaticism never is good, it always blinds you from the truth no matter what you are fanatical about.
    To answer your question, no, I don't need the "indoctrination of the military to have pride". A lot of my family is military, yes, we have gone to fight for our country, and a few of my family did not survive.

To touch on your statement of "It borders on the religious, its creepy as hell and it serves no purpose what so ever (the misplaced national pride), of course it borders on the religious. Who the hell do you think founded our country and why? I don't understand how the flag is "creepy as hell", and yes, it does serve a purpose.

Sorry, your statement is beyond ignorant. If you aren't from the states, then maybe you shouldn't even comment. How about you go get a history book and read about our flag, how it came to be, and why. My "pride" isn't misplaced. When my family serves, then dies, then comes home under the flag, understand how heartbreaking that is. So yes, it fucking pisses me off when I see ignorant people stomp on the flag.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

I used to give a fuck about flags sometime ago, not anymore. People are free to burn whatever the fuck they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    To answer your question, no, I don't need the "indoctrination of the military to have pride". A lot of my family is military, yes, we have gone to fight for our country, and a few of my family did not survive.

To touch on your statement of "It borders on the religious, its creepy as hell and it serves no purpose what so ever (the misplaced national pride), of course it borders on the religious. Who the hell do you think founded our country and why? I don't understand how the flag is "creepy as hell", and yes, it does serve a purpose.

Sorry, your statement is beyond ignorant. If you aren't from the states, then maybe you shouldn't even comment. How about you go get a history book and read about our flag, how it came to be, and why. My "pride" isn't misplaced. When my family serves, then dies, then comes home under the flag, understand how heartbreaking that is. So yes, it fucking pisses me off when I see ignorant people stomp on the flag.
    So you just have alot of family in the military but you don't need that indoctrination... right... /facepalm

Then you have a severe lack of reading comprehension, how on earth can you even type out what was creepy, and yet you seem to totally ignore that and start beating a strawman, /slowclap but 1/10

So right now we have figured out that you are ignorant and cant read, so excuse me if your opinion doesn't mean shit to me. How about you just get a grip of your self and stop with the whole nationalism crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Sorry, I just realized I'm arguing with a hole in the ground. As you were.
    Things you do not understand often seem like a black hole, maybe you will get it in a year or two.

It delights me to think that someone makes money off of selling idiots a flag that they're going to burn.

Burn it, don’t burn it. I don’t care one way or the other. If it makes you feel special or to get a point across, go for it. When nutjobs start bombing and what not, that’s another story. Americans, yes I am one as well, tend to forget that we aren’t squeaky clean when it comes to terror attacks or uninvited violence. Our government just manages to hide it better than other countries most of the time. So if folks want to burn some cloth to help them deal with whatever issues they are facing, more power to them. I would lend them a lighter. I don’t burn them as I’ve had no reason, nor do I intend to go pay the $$ just to do so.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why not burn a pair of socks then?
    Socks serve a useful purpose. They keep my feet warm.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    So you just have alot of family in the military but you don't need that indoctrination... right... /facepalm

Then you have a severe lack of reading comprehension, how on earth can you even type out what was creepy, and yet you seem to totally ignore that and start beating a strawman, /slowclap but 1/10

So right now we have figured out that you are ignorant and cant read, so excuse me if your opinion doesn't mean shit to me. How about you just get a grip of your self and stop with the whole nationalism crap.

- - - Updated - - -
    Then why even post? Everything obviously offends you. =P There is such a thing as reading something, not liking it, and moving on, you don't even need to comment.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Deleted
    Wow, that was shit, what a piss poor flag burning.

Ultimately it is just a symbolic gesture to provoke a reaction, both from allies and enemies of your cause. I don't think the actual act of setting fire to an object (without risk to anyone/thing else, obviously) should be of major concern or be a justification for violence.

Including any books that may or may not start with a Q.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a boy scout, I burned flags several times as a teenager.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

It's something wankers do; their right to be wankers, my right to name them as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refer to the 3rd verse of the National Anthem. 2:30 into the video

People who burn the flag are scumbag traitors who need to be locked or exiled to another country since they dont like ours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Uh, No it isn't, its a symbol of our way of life and the people that died to protect it.
    You mean the natives who were butchered?