Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Region looks a little...small. Hopefully it's just going to be one of several islands since it looks like it's based off Hawaii. Starters look OK-ish(F=G>W), the Sun legendary sold me on which version I'm getting. Also a little strange seeing the NPCs/Player with more realistic proportions instead of the big headed cartoonish midgets we're used to.

Well obviously I'm going to get Sun because it has Aslan! (Might get Moon if I like the exclusives more).

Not going to decide on a start until I see their final forms, but I like all of them atm. The lore for Litten though... it's fur is soaked in oil? Fire hazard! No walking into neon-covered convenience stores with you out of your ball, and I can't even pick you up to pet you. Poppy looks like Sealeo but clown-like, so that's interesting. I like how Rowlet can turn his head to face the trainer for orders, I hope that's an animation that happens ingame in between turns.

A Hawaii region? Sounds like a return to the tropical swashbuckling adventure of Hoenn. MORE WATER ROUTES!!!

Watching trailer now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dat batgod pokemon.

Also, lovely theme. I've heard people like tropical thematics. I myself hate it because it looks like my garden, sunny 24/7.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Litten=fire grumpy cat imo
    It's a lit kitten -> Litten.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Whoosh /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Clearly Japan is unfamiliar with the tendency of unsupervised kids to light actual cats on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    A Hawaii region? Sounds like a return to the tropical swashbuckling adventure of Hoenn. MORE WATER ROUTES!!!

Im sure IGN is already revving up those 6/10 scores

Also not surprised people are already going "w-what if you beat the elite four and you go to Unova!?" because have gold and silver people will always want that again.

Is it me or does the starter first stage designs get worse and worse each installment? Looks wise.

Oh well, hope the Grass / Flying evolves into a speedy special attacker. Would be a Monster if it can learn Hurricane / Leaf storm or Giga Drain / Roost / Dragon pulse maybe via tutor while having decent stat allocations.

I think they missed their chance at a Dolphin water starter, would've been the perfect region for it. Probably some excuse for the tv anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Is it me or does the starter first stage designs get worse and worse each installment? Looks wise.

Oh well, hope the Grass / Flying evolves into a speedy special attacker. Would be a Monster if it can learn Hurricane / Leaf storm or Giga Drain / Roost / Dragon pulse maybe via tutor while having decent stat allocations.

I think they missed their chance at a Dolphin water starter, would've been the perfect region for it. Probably some excuse for the tv anime.
    Litten is pretty simplistic, I agree, but Rowlet is baller.

Popplio I thought was shit at first glance, but it's growing on me a little. If its second stage is decent it may be more enticing but to be honest water types are always pretty meh to me until their final evolution. Guess I'm just not a water-type kind of guy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Also not surprised people are already going "w-what if you beat the elite four and you go to Unova!?" because have gold and silver people will always want that again.
    I'm also not surprised that players want a great feature from the best Pokemon games.

7+ Year Old Account
    I look away and boom so much info so far the Fire Cat and the Wood Owl look sick to me def getting the moon version because Bat god.

Also I recon we will be Island hopping since its based on the Pacific and Hawaii because I hope thats not the Island were stuck on.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Things that will make me 100% play Gen 7 Pokemon games if all present, and may sway me to play if partially present:

- IVs gone. Completely.
    Why? requires you to breed properly. If these were gone, the end game would die very, very quickly. It takes a lil while at the start, but after a few weeks you'll get that perfect ditto/female.
    - EVs, moves, skills/traits/personality/whatever easily assignable and reassignable (think Diablo 3) in safe zones (like PokeCenters).
    No, what kind of shit casual game do you want?
    - NFE Pokemon with natural advantages over FE Pokemon (like more Speed).
    - Make evolution reversible.
    No, wtf is wrong with you.
    - An item that lets me temporarily evolve NFE Pokemon in battle, and they un-evolve after (Digimon style). Slap that on an Eevee!
    Being able to use all the eeveelutions would be amazing, gotta admit
    - The new Water starter becomes either Water/Fire or Water/Fighting.
    This is just fucking stupid. Water/Fire? seriously?
    - Ice gets one or two more resistances. No more, though, because you'd break Ice, given it's a great offensive type.
    - Way, way, way, way faster leveling.
    leveling was already OP af with the exp share, what more could you want?
    - Mega Pichu.
    I hope you never play the pokemon games again, you'd ruin them if you had your way.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm thinking that Litten will become fire/dark as it evolves, and the water thing... I dunno, water/ice maybe since it's a seal?

Oh and the tree-owl starter reminds me of that freaking Keepora Geebora, or whatever the name was, from Ocarina of Time...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

That's mad cute. My favorite part is how you think a Pokemon would die without IVs and breeding, given there's just shy of a thousand Pokemon and almost inconceivable move, type, and team combinations.

Second favorite part is the "shit casual" nonsense. Tedium is not depth. Accessibility and quality-of-life changes is not "shit casual." Don't be stupid.
    you want to remove a massive part of the game, don't ruin pokemon for others just because you're inept/lazy. Gamers like you are a massive problem these days.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god the characters have normal sized heads..

Can't wait for it to come out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chendosmite View Post
    more pics of the starters.
    GRASS OWL SO HYPE

Seriously. That guy.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Insert Price is Right "lose" sound here.

Actually I want to remove every hurdle in between me and the "real" game. It's the trash *you* want there that ruins gaming, unnecessary, grindy hoop jumping like leveling and breeding and re-leveling. I want to play, to destroy you or to be destroyed. You want to look at shiny lights because they're shiny.

Look at a mirror if you want to see a problem gamer.

Now kindly fuck off.
    You are both absurd. He is absurd for raging like there's no tomorrow and you are absurd for thinking that a JRPG will stop being grindy and repetetive; that's one of the cornerstones of the genre, because that's what the target audience wants (target audience being the asian gamers).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I actually hope ivs get canned. They are dumb.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    is it just me or does rowlete remind me of piplup? little bird wearing a suit and bowtie :3

but idk rowlete or litten... both so good.. .this may be one of the first times i NEED to see the final forms to decide
    if litten stays on all fours and looks very sleek, fire and dark, most likley
    but if rowlet becomes a great horned owl with actual antlers as horns... god that would be so cool... like a boomkin :P

7+ Year Old Account

*instert you spin me round music here*

the wood owl is really starting to be my pick for this game when Litten really starting to remind me of Shadow the Hedgehog ugh.