Poll: How much should the spider mount cost.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I include all professions and all of my garrisons. It amounts to roughly 2 hours of work per day, the majority of it being at the AH and checking/posting my crafted items for maximum profit. Granted, I aim to sell, so I often undercut by a relative percent to get product moving before I make more. One week averages me roughly 5-6 lvl4 and 1-2 lvl6 pieces of gear, when you factor that all in, just the gear sold in one week nets me 200k-ish. This isn't including enchants, excess crafting materials (usually blackrock ore and frostweed), excess alchemical catalysts (roughly 4 stacks per week excess), excess Sorcererous (all transmuted to Earth then sold). So, yes, my income is literally that much.
    That’s insane.

I include all professions and all of my garrisons. It amounts to roughly 2 hours of work per day, the majority of it being at the AH and checking/posting my crafted items for maximum profit. Granted, I aim to sell, so I often undercut by a relative percent to get product moving before I make more. One week averages me roughly 5-6 lvl4 and 1-2 lvl6 pieces of gear, when you factor that all in, just the gear sold in one week nets me 200k-ish. This isn't including enchants, excess crafting materials (usually blackrock ore and frostweed), excess alchemical catalysts (roughly 4 stacks per week excess), excess Sorcererous (all transmuted to Earth then sold). So, yes, my income is literally that much.
    2 Hours each day? Damn, that's impressive. Now imagine if you applied all that time and effort to something in real life, or anything that actually mattered at all. Is there really nothing at all in life you can think of that'd be more fun to do than earning more and more fake gold than you could EVER possibly need or use?

It's not like you can buy a Wow mansion and live happily on a country estate in Silverpine. Once you've got enough to cover your subscription for the next few years, earning more and more is LITERALLY pointless.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    2 Hours each day? Damn, that's impressive. Now imagine if you applied all that time and effort to something in real life, or anything that actually mattered at all. Is there really nothing at all in life you can think of that'd be more fun to do than earning more and more fake gold than you could EVER possibly need or use?

It's not like you can buy a Wow mansion and live happily on a country estate in Silverpine. Once you've got enough to cover your subscription for the next few years, earning more and more is LITERALLY pointless.
    Attack of the green eyed monster, lol. 14 hours over a week is not even that bad, I know people that play half of that in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Attack of the green eyed monster, lol.
    Lol honestly no. Don't get me wrong, the mount looks awesome and I'd love to have loads of gold, but Garrisons are boring enough as they are; I couldn't even imagine having the time and effort to keep going to earn money up to gold cap and then to keep doing everything day after day when that kind of gold is literally entirely pointless to even have. It's as impressive as having fished up a billion fish in game - they can all just sit in your bank too. Unless someone GENUINELY loves Garrisons and garrison missions that much, I can't even begin to understand the reasoning.

If I was on the game that much each day, doing the same thing day in day out... I think I'd have an existential crisis or something.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    That’s insane.
    That's not even including shipyard gold and loot, mission table gold and loot (all my characters have both inns and barracks). Plus raw small building perk gold/loot. So, as I said, 250k-400k per week is legit for me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

It's not worth it for me for 2M gold, and I think it's a pretty excessive amount regardless. Still, Blizz can do what they want. It seems like a lot of dev work for a unique model that a relatively small group of people will have, but whatever.

7+ Year Old Account

Sometimes, it's slightly more per day - I'll fuck up mailing something, or forget a mine, or I'll accidentally armor upgrades instead of weapon ones. I make mistakes on occasion. Also, I just noticed, I've included killing Kazzak for felblight as part of garrison income. So, yes, every week I take 5 more minutes one one day, per character, to nuke Kazzak and get felblights for my lvl6 gear to sell. This calculation also includes the use of a few barns (not all of them) for savage bloods. So, like, once a month, I'll take 2-3 characters and farm beasties in a group-finder group until I have like 250-300 beasties and that lasts several weeks. It takes about an hour per character like, once a month-ish.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Sometimes, it's slightly more per day - I'll fuck up mailing something, or forget a mine, or I'll accidentally armor upgrades instead of weapon ones. I make mistakes on occasion. Also, I just noticed, I've included killing Kazzak for felblight as part of garrison income. So, yes, every week I take 5 more minutes one one day, per character, to nuke Kazzak and get felblights for my lvl6 gear to sell. This calculation also includes the use of a few barns (not all of them) for savage bloods. So, like, once a month, I'll take 2-3 characters and farm beasties in a group-finder group until I have like 250-300 beasties and that lasts several weeks. It takes about an hour per character like, once a month-ish.
    In the nicest possible way... do you think you might have some kind of obsessive compulsive hoarding issue? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    750k-ish would be nice price imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the nicest possible way... do you think you might have some kind of obsessive compulsive hoarding issue? lol
    Well, I don't horde it. I create a product (or set of products) and sell them. If I were simply hording it all, I would be at full inventory within two and a half weeks, easily. I can't make gold from something that I'm not trying to sell. There's a phrase: "Work smart not hard." All I do is the simplest things, but I do them in a uniform, casual manner that takes little effort and time for maximum profit. It isn't hard or long work, it's just efficient.
    ~~ ~~

You need a reality check - http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ted-countries/. An average person spends a retarded amount of time on activities which are even less engaging than playing Warlords of Draenor.

On topic: love it that it's 2 mln and can't be purchased from the cashshop for 20 bucks.

Deleted
    Would increase price to 5-10 tbh. No, I don't have that much.

Price is fine, pocket change some some of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Then why bother making it at all? I'll never understand this sort of stupid logic.
    Stupid logic, and you stop at that?

Listen up - moron, I'll explain once: 2M is not a lot of gold. Plenty of people will buy this. Plenty won't. YOU don't have to/won't be able to buy it, and that's fine. Your stupidity makes me physically sick.

Gold making has gotten out of control, the price of goods has gotten out of control...

Funny Blizzard is giving away the game with a movie ticket, straight up level to legion with out spending gold might net you 500k (as a new player), but those people are going to be like "WTF why is everything so expensive?!!?" Over the years of getting co-workers to play, after buying the game and expansion, the sub fee and all that jazz they get discouraged with how far behind they are, everything they want is behind a huge pay wall, or in removed content/removed items.

I honestly enjoyed it more being broke, not having vaults of gold and nothing to buy. The epic mount was a mother fucker to get, now they are selling a mount for 2m gold and its like "meh, I'll get it because I can /whatever"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Should be around the equivalent price of MoP's Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak, according to the gold earn value in Legion.

For some reason, I really doubt that the equivalent is 2 000 000 gold.
    People always moan that WoD got 10x more gold than MoP. That puts us at 1,2mil in WoD, a 50% inflation between expansions would be quite modest and give us a 2mil gold price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    here we go with more complaining.
    I don't see how it's complaining. 2 million is stupidly steep. think about it. 20 dollars=40k. 2mil/40k=50. 50*$20=$1000

A thousand dollar mount? Come on.

I know MMO-Champ is filled with try-hards. but 99% of players probably have never even scratched 100k. Now I'm not saying everyone should have it. But with BMAH having cooler mounts for 1 million. No one is going to buy this.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2016-05-10 at 04:18 PM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I was expecting half million gold sink, so thats my answer.

I would rather it was cheaper and when I buy it my guild master isn't going to be happy the gold wasn't spent on BoEs to give us an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    People always moan that WoD got 10x more gold than MoP. That puts us at 1,2mil in WoD, a 50% inflation between expansions would be quite modest and give us a 2mil gold price.
    Are we going to ignore that "WoD Gold" - which was mostly from over-grinding garrisons, with multiple alts anyways; Hardly as common as people and Blizzard enjoy to claim - is considered a mistake, that is getting completely removed come the pre-patch and, supposedly, we'll resume earning a constant, lowered, amount of gold?

Now, if we were to continue earning as much, or close to as much, gold as we have during WoD, then yes, I can see these prices being the equivalent as those of a "Expansion-long Mount" - But I got my doubts about that.

So far it seems like Blizzard - and a specific group that follows their word blindly - is using the excuse of a portion of the player base having gotten the amounts of gold they did, during WoD, and equating it to everyone got those amounts of gold, so let's create exuberant gold sinks to flush it out. Which is obviously not true and nothing but a tactic to make the token more appealing to be purchased.