10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the alpha/beta bullcrap. Let's just be happy that they're advancing.

Anyways: Will there be a new build on Thursday to go along with the beta testing?

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    He'll drop it when you guys stop taking his obvious bait.
    Since when is stating facts 'bait' ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It was - they explained that on the stream. They just 'called it beta' to quote the first comment.
    Well, no it wasn't really. As in the description, that you removed again, beta's are more "polished" demos (i.e feature complete) and it wasn't at that time. And do you know what they call a game in that state? Alpha. It's only names for different stages of development. The fact it's now officially beta from Thursday is a step forwad. Stages, y'know - they're good measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Anyways: Will there be a new build on Thursday to go along with the beta testing?
    Apparently the current alpha build was selected for the mass influx on Thursday.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Alpha was incomplete which is why they called it alpha for months.

Now that it is complete it will be a true beta.

Well that was pretty lame. They spent half the time talking about legacy stuff and the other half going over things we've heard millions of times by now.

Would have liked to hear more info about upcoming patch content, suramar rewards/structure, mythic dungeon rewards (not just higher ilvl gear), etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    There were 6 in wod, 7 in mop.
    Thank you, knew I wasn't that brain dead

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Well, no it wasn't really.
    Yes it was, can you stop with the misinformation that just extends the meaningless debate further.

There is no debate - it was beta and called alpha... now we can just move on please.

Ignoring facts and making up your own is baiting.

Weird comment being the game says (beta x64) on the loading screen and previously said (alpha x64). It seems like a marketing decision to continue calling it alpha, possibly to avoid confusion between beta and open beta.

Just my 2c as a senior software engineer.

I assume all alpha testers are getting beta invites or do I need to ask my buddy again?

"Beta invites will be going out today and tomorrow."

I haven't received one yet. Has anyone else today? Perhaps they will begin the invites later today instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    In before all this world content and quest content they are talking about don't matter after pvp rewards and other catchup free gear is way better.
    The random scaling gear rewards should somewhat combat this. I've seen people running around with a fair few 880+ items (I have 882 boots on my DH) that they received from 800+ reward world quests. To put in context, LFR is 835+ and PvP appears to be 870.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Emily is on Fire. FIRE!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh for the love of god. It was named alpha and will be named beta starting Thursday. Can we just leave it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Now that it is complete it will be a true beta.
    WHat I find amazing is that apart from all the other facts about it being beta (external testing, programming feature complete) - the fact that the EXE was called beta, and the start up screen had beta ... all of these facts were still not enough.

The great renaming comes Thursday, they are finally calling the beta 'beta' and no longer have to concern themselves with non-technical reasons for calling it alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    "Beta invites will be going out today and tomorrow."

I haven't received one yet. Has anyone else today? Perhaps they will begin the invites later today instead.
    FFS, this is what a lot of posts are going to be in this thread from now on, isn't it?

Yes it was, can you stop with the misinformation that just extends the meaningless debate further.

There is no debate - it was beta and called alpha... now we can just move on please.
    It's not misinformation though. For example, it's like mitosis right? You have your 4 main stages of development. Game development, lets say, has 3 main stages - Alpha, Beta and Release. You could call the game being in development, of course, but to call a stage of that development something it hasn't reached yet is misinformation. The game overall is still being developed - it's just reached a main goal towards the game being released i.e. now going from Alpha to Beta. All naming does is represent different stages of development, and represent the content is which the game has. So saying the game was in "beta" when it actually had features missing/incomplete is incorrect, as it represents Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    Oh for the love of god. It was named alpha and will be named beta starting Thursday. Can we just leave it that.

You all suck at not taking bait -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the current alpha build was selected for the mass influx on Thursday.
    Ah, alright. Thanks!