Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So other than Beta release date, all of this info from this interview was already known before. Either from Blizzcon/Interviews or just from Data-mining....how underwhelming...
    On a side note, was funny watching all the comments asking about Legacy Servers roll past when watching the Stream...just goes to show you how many people Blizz has pissed off.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2016-05-10 at 05:10 PM.

That was pretty pointless. Nothing new announced, softball questions and an interviewer that's more interested in trying to be funny than getting answers, considering he hasn't actually played a WoW expansion past the first week since Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Tylaeus; 2016-05-10 at 05:05 PM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All those people that said "It's in beta now!" "it's not a real alpha". Those delusional people can FINALLY wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Draenei Death Knight. Tauren Paladin. Tauren Priest. Goblin Shaman.
    But druids can stealth, and tauren can be druids.

Also now that combat has received more direction and go more with the Pirate theme... I would to point out Mr. Spite, a pirate, and a tauren. So Tauren should be able to be rogues.

How do you justify worgen and goblins being the only ones unable to be a monk?

Some reasons make sense (sort of) but at this point you'd be hard pressed not to have an equally persuasive counter argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    This that was missing:

1: No mentioning of PvP at all
    2: Raid content and how it will be gated
    3: First content patch and general layout the first 6-8 months of the expansion
    4: New dungeons in a patch due to CM's making them viable content all through the exp

Everything that was said, bar beta date and char wipe, is stuff we have known for months. Sitting here with somewhat of a letdown tbh
    1. What do you want them to talk about? There are new arenas. They have a pvp tree that they are still working on. They didn't mention they're working on new talents either. They don't have to :P
    2. They mentioned this before...I can't seem to find the post but it will work like WoD.
    3. They are probably still discussing how that'll work internally.
    4.If they havn't said anything about new dungeons by this point, don't get your hopes up.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Tharyon View Post
    Mind linking his armory? Thought they were supposed to be secret?O.o
    check out the guild master of Elitist Jerks

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not understanding the "Affix modifiers" at quick glance it sounds an awful lot like the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor which was NOT fun and was just insanely frustrating to the point where you just beat the game and didn't bother with any of the side quests because the orcs just became impossible to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I'm really excited about the changes they want to implement to leveling. I really enjoy leveling alts, I'm currently working on my second warlock, first for Alliance lol, but parts are just sooo fast and boring. It just feels like a race, I take my time (as much as I possibly can) but everything is so fast paced. I would like them to find a nice middle ground that makes leveling challenging again, while not burning out those that don't enjoy the experience and don't want to pay for a boost.
    I'm with you. IMO "heirlooms" should have just been an account EXP toggle, because getting new loot is what makes playing exciting and having all your armor for 100+ levels stomps all over that. I'm not sure if scaling is the perfect solution, because I know some people are "bads" and need to over level stuff to enjoy the game (which is fine IMO). I'd like scaling where you are +3 levels by default (slightly over leveled), but then mobs get 1 level higher per +10%EXP you have (or something like that, numbers pulled out of the air). In any case the important part is they want to fix it.

I found the best way to make leveling interesting right now is to use an EXP/Hour addon and challenge yourself to always try and beat your previous level time. Literally a race! Either that or do it for the zone story and lore, and not pay attention to your level. I swap back and forth depending on if I've done a zone already or if it's been so long I don't remember it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All those people that said "It's in beta now!" "it's not a real alpha". Those delusional people can FINALLY wake up.
    Someone seems made.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I am not understanding the "Affix modifiers" at quick glance it sounds an awful lot like the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor which was NOT fun and was just insanely frustrating to the point where you just beat the game and didn't bother with any of the side quests because the orcs just became impossible to beat.
    The affix modifier will change the dungeons in some way. Every week is different but its the same modifier per server so you can't "hunt" down an easier modifier. Modifiers are things like, mobs require more threat to hold onto, mobs will explode when they die, mobs are stronger if they are close to other mobs, etc. There are some that effect bosses as well, I just can't remember any. I believe there are 12-15 altogether. The dungeon can have 1-3 affixes depending on the level of your keystone (which effects the difficulty of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    No, It's a bullshit micro-transaction that doesn't deserve to be in a P2P MMO in the first place which gouges players and jumps noobs straight into near max level content with very little knowledge about their class or even the game itself.
    And the current levelling experience is doing any better ?
    Nope, because of how players are in such a rush to complete it.
    See, that is why the boost exists and will sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Beta was going to start in November
    This dont make any sense. The game will release on August 30, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by andresenna View Post
    November 2015 :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkk121 View Post
    check out the guild master of Elitist Jerks
    http://us.battle.net/wow/character/malganis/Gurgthock/

Doubt this is Ion. He has Elemental as off spec...... YOU CANT PLAY SOMETHING FOR 12 YEARS AND TOTALLY NOT GET THE CORE PROBLEMS. This level of stupid is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

November 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume this was just a bit of speaking too fast or not in full detail.

But for most of us who will have early access to demon hunters (prior to the actual release of Legion) it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense not to have those cinematics available prior to the actual release. Unless of course he simply means to say that these cinematics will not be available in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I assume this was just a bit of speaking too fast or not in full detail.

But for most of us who will have early access to demon hunters (prior to the actual release of Legion) it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense not to have those cinematics available prior to the actual release. Unless of course he simply means to say that these cinematics will not be available in beta.
    He PROBABLY means the latter. Would make no sense to release an unfinished starting zone early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    The affix modifier will change the dungeons in some way. Every week is different but its the same modifier per server so you can't "hunt" down an easier modifier. Modifiers are things like, mobs require more threat to hold onto, mobs will explode when they die, mobs are stronger if they are close to other mobs, etc. There are some that effect bosses as well, I just can't remember any. I believe there are 12-15 altogether. The dungeon can have 1-3 affixes depending on the level of your keystone (which effects the difficulty of the dungeon.
    Oh... ya that doesn't sound like Shadow of Mordor at all. Thanks for the clarification.

Now it makes sense why there last expansions are "raid or die"...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Sure it does, originally, "beta" meant something that works to some degree and you can have fun with. Now, thanks mostly to Google, "Beta" means well, but not thoroughly tested. If you play the beta you should get close to the experience leveling to 110 as you would at release. End game content sounds like it will still need some tuning though.

Personally, if I got a beta invite I might play it up to max level, but considering I'm not subbed right now, I don't think I will get one.