Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That does make me weary of that early access though. I thought for sure we would have a decent amount of time before its release. At least released with the pre-launch event(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andresenna View Post
    This dont make any sense. The game will release on August 30, 2016
    They meant this past Nov (2015). Legion was originally supposed to release much earlier than August, as in Q1 of this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Sure it does, originally, "beta" meant something that works to some degree and you can have fun with. Now, thanks mostly to Google, "Beta" means well, but not thoroughly tested. If you play the beta you should get close to the experience leveling to 110 as you would at release. End game content sounds like it will still need some tuning though.

Personally, if I got a beta invite I might play it up to max level, but considering I'm not subbed right now, I don't think I will get one.
    That doesn't matter, my little brother got a beta invite and he wasn't subbed, and I did not get an invite and I was subbed. (for previous xpacs)

Quote Originally Posted by andresenna View Post
    This dont make any sense. The game will release on August 30, 2016
    Last november not this one. The expansion was in its very basic stages so they didn't want to use the word beta after blizzcon. Most games use the beta stage for final bug fixes, balancing, polish, and stress testing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to be in the No Beta Club again, not been invited to any WoW Beta

Deleted
    He covered the legacy outcry... but seriously not touched the content drought we experienced with the last 4 expansions?

Here's to hoping we'll still see some cinematic stuff before release, like with Warlords where they all showed up about 2 months prior. :P

hunters are a complete mess and haven't had any updates in a month or more

At last, bet still don't get invite though lol

"The team made leveling through previous expansions faster to reduce the barrier to entry for people that want to catch up and play with their friends. The Character Boost system solves this problem, so there is no need to rush players through leveling anymore."

I read this as "leveling used to be easy, now that you can pay 60 dollars for a character boost, prepare for it to be much harder"

One can only hope that the idiot whiners and complainers will actually make good on their "promises" to quit the game this go around, leaving normal people to enjoy the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    hmm people complaining that they are confirming info we datamined? its allmost like not every single person ever googles datamined information or reads mmo champ every day

15+ Year Old Account
    They should add visual rewards or titles or something for the people brave enough to level in their new system versus paying rly money for insta cap.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I don't know about the Alpha-cool kids, but this entire interview/announcement was pretty much meaningless to me.

Appreciate the idea, but there was nothing that I didn't already know, except the transition to beta. And quite frankly, who cares? Alpha = Beta from the perspective of someone who is not invited and is just watching. For those invited, what does it mean? Higher stability, more polish? We've spent months on the forums reiterating that this Alpha basically is Beta, so I'm not really excited about the announcement :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    That doesn't matter, my little brother got a beta invite and he wasn't subbed, and I did not get an invite and I was subbed. (for previous xpacs)
    wrong, they were hoping to have a long beta, but people see beta as "complete and polished" so they brought alpha, and decided to bring beta later when its actuallty better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    They should add visual rewards or titles or something for the people brave enough to level in their new system versus paying rly money for insta cap.
    you mean how people get cool gear/toys/mounts from doing old quests well leveling? idk

Quote Originally Posted by Tharyon View Post
    Mind linking his armory? Thought they were supposed to be secret?O.o
    They play a normal character, so once that cat is out the bag there is nothing they can really do about it, short of a character rename.
    And even a rename should it remain in the same guild wouldn't be hard to track down.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    One can only hope that the idiot whiners and complainers will actually make good on their "promises" to quit the game this go around, leaving normal people to enjoy the expansion.
    Indeed if they want to convince us they are more than just noise, practice what you preach and leave.
    And leave the community in a slightly better state in the process.
    Someone unhappy that the game is not catering solely to their whims is dragging others down.
    Be mature enough to just leave it alone, instead of being hellbent on hurting the experience of others.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-10 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I don't know about the Alpha-cool kids, but this entire interview/announcement was pretty much meaningless to me.

Appreciate the idea, but there was nothing that I didn't already know, except the transition to beta. And quite frankly, who cares? Alpha = Beta from the perspective of someone who is not invited and is just watching. For those invited, what does it mean? Higher stability, more polish? We've spent months on the forums reiterating that this Alpha basically is Beta, so I'm not really excited about the announcement :P
    it was more for the average player... not the ones who are on mmochamp looking at every single datamined thing every day... as most of the stuff he says is stuff most people wont know (dont read mmo champ daily, and arnt on the alpha)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... When did Blizzard decide that beta meant "polished demo"

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Can't wait to be in the No Beta Club again, not been invited to any WoW Beta
    Are you opted in on your b.net account?

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I assume this was just a bit of speaking too fast or not in full detail.

But for most of us who will have early access to demon hunters (prior to the actual release of Legion) it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense not to have those cinematics available prior to the actual release. Unless of course he simply means to say that these cinematics will not be available in beta.
    I think it's a transcription error; the summary on MMOC says "until Legion launches," while Ion actually said "until the live game."