Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Does this game have a story campaign or is all "Here's the map, conquer it. Now fuck off."
    There's a series of quests and text events, also several between characters banter sessions according to the videos. Otherwise it seems to be "Here's the map, now stop expecting handholding".

One more, Yogscast is streaming on twitch now.
    https://www.twitch.tv/yogscast

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they are doing MP battles.

- - - Updated - - -

lol they are getting stomped by easy AI, Funny to watch them play though.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    One more, Yogscast is streaming on twitch now.
    https://www.twitch.tv/yogscast

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they are doing MP battles.

- - - Updated - - -

lol they are getting stomped by easy AI, Funny to watch them play though.
    They are just getting stomped by easy AI, i can't wait to see how good they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial View Post
    They are just getting stomped by easy AI, i can't wait to see how good they are...
    They had half the troops though, siege now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    I have never played a Total War game before but I really enjoy Warhammer.

The closest thing I have played to this would be WC3 and Dawn of War. I have also played some Fire Emblem as well.

If I enjoyed the above would it be worth giving this a shot? They all seem pretty casual compared to this.
    Imo they aren't similar at all. Thats not to say don't give it a try, just, they aren't even close. You're almost worth picking up a rome total war for a couple of quid and trying that than blowing £40 in one go.

They had half the troops though, siege now
    Did you see the Dwarf livestream today?, one of the played battles was a tiny dwarf force against at least the double amount of Orcs, it was amazing. The Creative Assembly guy won in a awesome battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial View Post
    Did you see the Dwarf livestream today?, one of the played battles was a tiny dwarf force against at least the double amount of Orcs, it was amazing.
    Have not watched that stream yet, will after this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    I have never played a Total War game before but I really enjoy Warhammer.

The closest thing I have played to this would be WC3 and Dawn of War. I have also played some Fire Emblem as well.

If I enjoyed the above would it be worth giving this a shot? They all seem pretty casual compared to this.

It is a fun game and one of my favorite game series.
    Dont expect some kind of story, this installment has some quest battles based on events of the world of warhammer but it is mostly a sandbox conquest/battle game where you manage cities and do massive battles.

Take a look at these videos for reference.

The 1st is from Attila the previous installment
    the 2nd is Warhammer

If you search "total war gameplay" or "total war warhammer" on youtube you can see the gameplay elements in more detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the replay like nowadays, I only played up to medieval 2 and the replay function was limited and quite often even made stuff up have they updated it yet? These videos look really good compared to what I used to do.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-05-11 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Whats the replay like nowadays, I only played up to medieval 2 and the replay function was limited and quite often even made stuff up have they updated it yet? These videos look really good compared to what I used to do.
    No idea i always forget to watch my replays

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea i always forget to watch my replays
    I remember wanting to show my friends an epic win I had and the replay showed me losing ><

Empire stream, Vampire Counts later today also.

Twitch if you want comments
    https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial/v/65806257
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-05-12 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Very nice fan made trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post

Very nice fan made trailer.
    Loved it, very nicely done.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the old timecommanders with ancient battles lol, funny stuff.

Also they say they will have a 10 year cycle with all games and dlc's, https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/12/tot...stable-launch/

The Total War team are staring at a ten year development cycle. Few games companies – Bungie and Blizzard aside – have committed so much time to a single project. That shows how much confidence the Creative Assembly and Sega have in Total War: Warhammer – that they expect gamers to buy this game three times at full price, along with DLC.

I though they said 5 years before, 10 years seems abit long to release 3 games.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-05-12 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Does this game have a story campaign or is all "Here's the map, conquer it. Now fuck off."
    I saw a video with the Vampire Court, where the Narrator make a casual remark about victory conditions, with short and long game options. One involved a very specific target, to wound or kill a certain general, while the long term option was to destroy a particular faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone's interested, CA will stream a 2 hour Dwarf campaign today at 2pm BST :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...st_in_3_hours/

Never really played a Total War game, the non-combat parts always seemed meh, but I'm interested in this one. If the reviews are good I might buy it, although getting to play any time soon might be tough with Overwatch releasing the same day, and with Witcher 3: Blood and Wine releasing the following week.

Is the multiplayer worth anything in these games?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2016-05-17 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Never really played a Total War game, the non-combat parts always seemed meh, but I'm interested in this one. If the reviews are good I might buy it, although getting to play any time soon might be tough with Overwatch releasing the same day, and with Witcher 3: Blood and Wine releasing the following week.

Coop is very fun to play, mp is also great if you have friends to set up games like sieges and stuff, there is also head to head, 2vs2 and 3vs3. If you have good computers you can set up huge games with tons of troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Co-op can be very fun with a friend. I have hundreds of hours clocked into Shogun 2 co-op campaign, and its one of my favorite co-op strategy games out there. That said, Rome 2 took about a year from launch (the Emperor Edition patch) before co-op was playable for more than a few turns, as the games would get out of sync and then you'd get to a turn that you couldn't complete (eg: one player ends their turn, but the other player never begins their turn; one person couldn't enter/exit the battle map). I'm hoping TW:War has solid co-op out of the gate.

Multiplayer Skirmishes can be pretty fun as well, especially in teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never even contemplated co-op, I'm going to go watch some campaigns and see how it works.