Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who cares what happened last November? LOL

They are confusing everyone. The WoD failures should have been fired what is the deal??

They obviously havent. Hey: you offer pre-expansion DH access with pre-purchase. When is that?

When do cinematics show for DH? Hello? Is this on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    wrong, they were hoping to have a long beta, but people see beta as "complete and polished" so they brought alpha, and decided to bring beta later when its actuallty better
    I'm wrong about who receives beta invites? Not sure why you quoted me.

So the problem I see is that the developers ruined WoW to get players to max level faster. Lower the entry level barrier. The first mistake they made was thinking that Warcraft was only about the end game. Sure it is, was ,and will be great to get to level cap but it is always supposed to be a journey. (Spoiler) That journey doesn't exist in the 8 to 10hrs it takes to level in Legion. All the focus is on what can you do to get artifact power as fast as possible then on to your off-spec.

I want Legacy realms because the world actually mattered. I got to experience the zones. Fall in love with some of them and even hate to have to move on. That is why Blizzard failed. Leveling should matter. It should build memories and immerse you in the world. Don't get me started on the character boosts. Those are toxic in and of themselves to new players. They just got robbed of seeing an entire 12 years of work so they could jump right into the smallest land mass for any expansion to date. The Broken Isles.

Oh and glad I didn't go crazy with my Alpha characters and artifact power. I knew this character wipe was coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I'm wrong about who receives beta invites? Not sure why you quoted me.
    oh sorry the qoute seemd to have bugged.. i was trying to qoute somone who said they were hoping for a Q1 release ,and thats why they said november beta

Ion picked Shaman when he stared because he wanted to be a hybrid tank. His friends went Horde, so he couldn't be a Paladin. Looking at the abilities, it made sense to a brand new player at the time!
    Heh
    /10 chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jadedot View Post
    They meant this past Nov (2015). Legion was originally supposed to release much earlier than August, as in Q1 of this year.
    no they did not... it was still suppost to release augest, they were hoping for a long beta, but beta is ussauly polished and mostly finished, so they named it alpha... it was never ment to be Q1, beta came out in the following weeks like they said, but was called "Alpha" since it was still missing alot of stuff

15+ Year Old Account

you mean how people get cool gear/toys/mounts from doing old quests well leveling? idk
    I can't tell if you're being ironic and claiming the rewards I'd like ppl to get already exist? Sure you get some small things from leveling you might not get with insta cap but those rewards are all pretty worthless tbh and nothing you can't go grind the shit out of once you've insta capped (way faster like that btw), if you even care do so.

My point is leveling is boring and rly unrewarding in WoW and that's with how fast it is now. I think if someone has the will to do it at a much slower rate from 1 to 110, they should get something cool that's relevant at the end of their ordeal, like a title or mount or maybe a choice of rewards, like the lvl 50 quests in vanilla. Would be cool to level toons just to collect the new rewards.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-05-10 at 06:15 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Are you opted in on your b.net account?
    Yep, have been for god knows how long.

Deleted
    For people wondering what the difference between beta and alpha is:
    Alpha - Changing a lot of stuff down to the mechanics of the game. Perfect time to test and get feedback on class overhauls.
    Beta - Changing numbers to achieve the balance, don't fuck around with the mechanics anymore to get feedback to make the release good.

So if you feel your class/spec is shit, it most likely won't change until 8.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I can't tell if you're being ironic and claiming the rewards I'd like ppl to get already exist? Sure you get some small things from leveling you might not get with insta cap but those rewards are all pretty worthless tbh and nothing you can't go grind the shit out of once you've insta capped (way faster like that btw), if you even care do so.

My point is leveling is boring and rly unrewarding in WoW and that's with how fast it is now. I think if someone has the will to do it at a much slower rate from 1 to 110, they should get something cool that's relevant at the end of their ordeal, like a title or mount or maybe a choice of rewards, like the lvl 50 quests in vanilla. Would be cool to level toons just to collect the new rewards. Stop always hating on everything.
    class quests at low level giving special transmog, like the horns and scythe for warlock... again as i said, completing quests adds transmog items to your list, and also gets your acheivments...

so your saying "give more reward to somone who levels then somone who boosts"

meanwhile somone who levels gets

Extra gold
    Profession training
    tons of transmog as any item you get/quest you complete gets added
    acheivs from transmog, quests, exploration
    cool transmogs from doing quests like some of the awesome weapons from BC/wrath quests

again you are claiming leveling sucks cause it doesent reward what you wants, well MANY MANY others love to level, the first few times, then rather skip

Deleted
    class quests at low level giving special transmog, like the horns and scythe for warlock... again as i said, completing quests adds transmog items to your list, and also gets your acheivments...

Extra gold
    Profession training
    cool transmogs from doing quests like some of the awesome weapons from BC/wrath quests

again you are claiming leveling sucks cause it doesent reward what you wants, well MANY MANY others love to level, the first few times, then rather skip
    All of these things a boosted player can get and that at a higher speed... so no, what he is asking for is rewards you only get for leveling from 1 to max.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is it over? If so what a letdown. No prequel event info. No mention on content lacking for 14 months
    What did you want them to say about the 14 months? They know it, they admitted it, they never meant for it to be that long, what else is there to say? It's happening, nothing they can do about it now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    All of these things a boosted player can get and that at a higher speed... so no, what he is asking for is rewards you only get for leveling from 1 to max.
    yes but they need to go back and farm those, if they added something into the game a leveled char could get, a boosted char 100% could not get, no one would EVER boost.... so no. no matter what they added, a max level could just go get... but still, somone leveling does get these things just as they level

Good stuff.
    Too bad the legacy derps ruined the chat but hey, who's surprised?

Deleted
    yes but they need to go back and farm those, if they added something into the game a leveled char could get, a boosted char 100% could not get, no one would EVER boost.... so no. no matter what they added, a max level could just go get... but still, somone leveling does get these things just as they level
    Make it a accountwide reward... everyone would level at least one time... oh no how horrible. Or even if it's just a special mount, you really think people would give a fuck about one mount?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post

My point is leveling is boring and rly unrewarding in WoW and that's with how fast it is now. I think if someone has the will to do it at a much slower rate from 1 to 110, they should get something cool that's relevant at the end of their ordeal, like a title or mount or maybe a choice of rewards, like the lvl 50 quests in vanilla. Would be cool to level toons just to collect the new rewards.

The "new player" pool for WoW is pretty darn slim. So that's an unlikely thing to occur. Most players leveled exactly the way you describe but 1 expansion at a time. Providing a skip option for new people on 100 levels just gives blizz a better chance at retaining a new player past the lvl 20 starter edition. Besides, have you tried leveling an alt recently? It's a barren wasteland. If I was new I sure wouldn't stick it out, I'd assume it was a dead game because I never saw anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Make it a accountwide reward... everyone would level at least one time... oh no how horrible. Or even if it's just a special mount, you really think people would give a fuck about one mount?!
    That's kind of been done already. The heirloom mount isn't exactly something a boosted player can access right away.

7+ Year Old Account
    you do know you need to level to 20 (no boost no nothing) to get liadrin for hearthstone, and even wow vets complained.... 20 WITH HEIRLOOMS and people hated being forced to level... imagine forcing people to level ANOTHER TOON they DONT WANT to get these rewards

So this Thursday is the end of 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    I want Legacy realms because the world actually mattered. I got to experience the zones. Fall in love with some of them and even hate to have to move on. That is why Blizzard failed. Leveling should matter. It should build memories and immerse you in the world. Don't get me started on the character boosts. Those are toxic in and of themselves to new players. They just got robbed of seeing an entire 12 years of work so they could jump right into the smallest land mass for any expansion to date. The Broken Isles.
    It's like you haven't paid attention to anything they're doing with the world content this go around.

15+ Year Old Account

Extra gold
    Profession training

You're one of those people who doesn't think there's anything wrong with the game the way it is. You think that if we add a mount or title for people who level the old school way from 1 to 110 it's catering to filthy 'casuals' or giving 'entitled' players like me rewards they don't deserve, while forcing you to do something you don't want to because you've probably got 10 lvl 100's. What a miserable state of mind. People like you are the reason the game is dying.

It wouldn't hurt anything or anybody to add a real reward for the lvl ing process that even veterans might want. This game need new vitality, saying it's fine the way it is bullshit. It's not fine the way it is and the sub numbers show that.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-05-10 at 06:42 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno