Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    Uhh. Hasn't every pre-expansion event hit a month before the expansion? So 7/26 or 8/2. Bam done.
    people are hoping for an early release to ease the pain of the drought.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    They never should've promised beta. They only promised beta to get suckers to spend money on Blizzcon. Now they're forcing a beta to scare people into resubbing or preordering.

Nothing they're claiming is refuting that Order Hall is Garrison 2.0. All they're doing is shifting the focus.

Garrison had "quests and dailies that sent you outside".
    Garrison was a "gate" for unlocking quests and content in the world, just as Order Hall will be.
    Horde Garrison was a piece of shit, so expect some class halls to be a piece of shit for the entire expansion.

Everything else said about the Garrison and Order Hall is irrelevant fluff. They're just using semantics to coast through criticism instead of addressing it. After Ashran how can anyone take the current content devs seriously?

Blizzard has reached the level of affluenza where "PR money" is more important than customer money. They might as well get rid of the official forums because all it's used for is tech support complaints. They don't even care about bug reports anymore unless you're some high-status streamer neet.

Seriously what is the fucking point of the "you can't post without an active sub" if they're only going to address mouthbreathing idiots on Twitter or other non-Battle.net affiliated websites?
    I'd love to know the last time this.... "fine individual" logged into Alpha. See how long it took to dream up this nonsense drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    people are hoping for an early release to ease the pain of the drought.
    Also considering how large this pre-patch event is, you'd think they'd want people to enjoy it longer than just one month, then its gone.

But here's what confuses me: A month ago Watcher said the Broken Shore functions as Legions' version of Assault on the Dark Portal" in Tanaan. That the Broken Shore instance is the introduction to leveling in Legion, so that part of the pre-event would be sticking around throughout the expansion.

But today, in the Dev Update, Watcher is now saying the Broken Shore instance is going away forever on August 30th. What? Why?

Also the class hall order sets lists one of the critera is "Complete the Broken Shore Leveling Questline." I suppose the Instance could be considered a 'questline" but it's really just a scenario... Is the Broken Shore getting replaced with a leveling zone at launch or something? A Whole additional questing zone we've never heard about before now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Also considering how large this pre-patch event is, you'd think they'd want people to enjoy it longer than just one month, then its gone.

But here's what confuses me: A month ago Watcher said the Broken Shore functions as Legions' version of Assault on the Dark Portal" in Tanaan. That the Broken Shore instance is the introduction to leveling in Legion, so that part of the pre-event would be sticking around throughout the expansion.

But today, in the Dev Update, Watcher is now saying the Broken Shore instance is going away forever on August 30th. What? Why?

Also the class hall order sets lists one of the critera is "Complete the Broken Shore Leveling Questline." I suppose the Instance could be considered a 'questline" but it's really just a scenario... Is the Broken Shore getting replaced with a leveling zone at launch or something? A Whole additional questing zone we've never heard about before now?
    it will be out 6 weeks... that will be plenty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    it will be out 6 weeks... that will be plenty
    What if a person joins the game mid expansion? They would miss out... and with them having issues with content, why remove content from the game after just 6 weeks?

The team wanted players to be able to run dungeons for the entire expansion
    You know what would make the players want to be able to run dungeons the entire expac? Adding more dungeons throughout. Oh well. Maybe they will surprise us this time around.

What if a person joins the game mid expansion? They would miss out... and with them having issues with content, why remove content from the game after just 6 weeks?
    Yeah. One of the six big cinematics for Legion is from the broken shore. They're just getting rid of it? Before now Watcher said the BS instance is the Landfall quest of Legion, like Destroying the Dark Portal was in WoD. Now it's not? Things aren't adding up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    You know what would make the players want to be able to run dungeons the entire expac? Adding more dungeons throughout. Oh well. Maybe they will surprise us this time around.
    What adding content? That would cost us a raid tier!

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    Alpha - Features missing (specs, zones, dungeons)
    Beta - Feature complete, looking for bugs

Normally. For Blizzard they did it right this time.
    This has never been the definition of Alpha/Beta. I know you keep popping up in posts claiming that it is, but just because you say it doesn't make it true. Like they said, in the last two or three years, people expect a Beta to be pretty pristine. So they called it "alpha."

What adding content? That would cost us a raid tier!
    Silly me, what was I thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    its built into their kits, just you arnt forced to cast it every 30 minutes
    But it's not visible, the shields are an iconic visual for the shaman class..., well I don't understand the removal of active buffing either, and as of yet the devs didn't bother to explain why that was necessary at all...

Edit: or to sell it to us as an improvement....

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge let down that discussion.

Ultimately, there was no new or relevant information; other than the announcement of a "beta", one that's been in progress for months.

Waste of time, really, but I'm not disappointed. It's largely what I expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    But it's not visible, the shields are an iconic visual for the shaman class..., well I don't understand the removal of active buffing either, and as of yet the devs didn't bother to explain why that was necessary at all...

For active buffing: You need to think for that, can't have that. What if Joe who works 12 hours a day in the factory wants to enjoy some WoW and forgets to buff and doesn't perform optimally, that would be a shame, so remove it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the stupid shit to argue about, arguing about the chat stream on Twitch really ranks near the top.

On topic: I was surprised and quite pleased to hear Watcher describe the leveling experience at lower levels as broken and something that needs to be fixed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

That is what they have always done.

Ion
    •Ion picked Shaman when he stared playing because he wanted to be a hybrid tank. His friends went Horde, so he couldn't be a Paladin.
    •Looking at the Shaman abilities (Shields, Rockbiter, Earth Shock, Toughness, Improved Shield Block), it made sense to a brand new player at the time! He was able to tank up until Level 30 or so and then Warriors had plate.
    •Suramar and Mythic+ Dungeons are the features Ion is most excited about in Legion.

Whos Ion? is that a character or a weird analogy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manikku View Post
    Ion
    •Ion picked Shaman when he stared playing because he wanted to be a hybrid tank. His friends went Horde, so he couldn't be a Paladin.
    •Looking at the Shaman abilities (Shields, Rockbiter, Earth Shock, Toughness, Improved Shield Block), it made sense to a brand new player at the time! He was able to tank up until Level 30 or so and then Warriors had plate.
    •Suramar and Mythic+ Dungeons are the features Ion is most excited about in Legion.

Ion = Watcher

Quote Originally Posted by manikku View Post
    Ion

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ion_Hazzikostas, took me exactly 3 seconds to find out on google :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

I'm just going by the summary on MMO-Champ, so... does Ion actually say "it is going away" in those words? Or are you referring to the bit in the summary that says "After release you go to Dalaran to pick things up?"

Cuz if it's the bit about Dalaran, I don't think that means Broken Shore is going away. I read it as "You do Broken Shore before release, and then after release you go to Dalaran". You have already done Broken Shore by release, so you go to Dalaran next. For players doing it after release it would just be "do Broken Shore then go to Dalaran".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

cause its annoying to keep forgetting or mid fight/cast it ending and just being more of a annoyance to keep it up... as you keep forgetting then in the middle of a fight it pops off