Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ehm. The novel focuses on the Frostwolf clan. There are very few named characters who are not of Frostwolf origin. Plus, it begins by the time Gul'dan is well in power for a long time. The absence of Ner'zhul is thus completely understandable and does not mean he does not exist whatsoever. Stop overreacting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tempted to just avoid the film universe all together, can juist tell they would butcher the lore more than wod did for the main universe :S

In order to have any mainstream appeal you absolutely have to streamline the plot. While I would go see a literal game cannon to movie translation my wife who I would be dragging along wouldn't understand a lick of it. While the playerbase wouldn't mind a 6 hour movie that is super accurate, there is no way to tell a concise story with all the background details in the 2-2/5 hour mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Ehm. The novel focuses on the Frostwolf clan. There are very few named characters who are not of Frostwolf origin. Plus, it begins by the time Gul'dan is well in power for a long time. The absence of Ner'zhul is thus completely understandable and does not mean he does not exist whatsoever. Stop overreacting.
    But when talking about Gul'dan, it doesn't even mention Ner'zhul or the Shadowmoon clan. It just says Gul'dan doesn't have a clan and nobody knows where he came from. That's a significant difference.

Deleted
    Think they are going for a movie -based- on the Warcraft lore, rather than a straight up telling off it. Though you have a point if they ever do decide to bring in the Lich King while omitting Ner'zhul (Which also would hinder any Sylvanas character's backstory)

Deleted
    The movie will suck because it tries to please the Horde fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Think they are going for a movie -based- on the Warcraft lore, rather than a straight up telling off it. Though you have a point if they ever do decide to bring in the Lich King while omitting Ner'zhul (Which also would hinder any Sylvanas character's backstory)
    That'd be, like, the fifth movie, though. They'll cross that bridge if they get there.

False. We see slaughtered draenei at the beginning of the movie, powering the portal.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That'd be, like, the fifth movie, though. They'll cross that bridge if they get there.
    5th!? Is that assuming that they will tell the 1st, 2nd and 3rd wars as individual movies?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    5th!? Is that assuming that they will tell the 1st, 2nd and 3rd wars as individual movies?
    Well, you already need the Scourge to tell Arthas' story, but that's besides the point, we don't know if we'll get any sequels yet, we shouldn't be thinking about Warcraft 3 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Ner'zhul could be introduced as Gul'dan's successor in a Beyond the Dark Portal movie as someone who became the leader of the orcs in Draenor after the portal was closed and started organizing a second invasion.
    More realistically, and more preferred for me, If they make a sequel, Ner'zhul will be the big bad reigning over Draenor in the Black Temple, as is shown in the Black Temple WoW trailer. No continuity problems there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    But when talking about Gul'dan, it doesn't even mention Ner'zhul or the Shadowmoon clan. It just says Gul'dan doesn't have a clan and nobody knows where he came from. That's a significant difference.
    Not nobody. The Frostwolves. And the Frostwolves do not know because they are fairly isolated and Gul'dan does not say where he comes from. However, it is not so because he would not know, he does not say because it is unimportant for him. Plus, it is his way of saying he is not like the other orcs. He does not care about ancestry and clans.

Oh and by the way, the Shadowmoon Clan does exist in the movie. We have seen their banner in one of the scenes shown in one of the trailers.

someone who doesnt understand movies. Show the demons in the movie...you cant can you? Ner'zhuls story deals with the demons, Gul'dans does with opening the portal to Azeroth, thus Ner'zhul isn't in the movie. It would take to long to explain the deal with the demons and Gul'dans betrayal. The movie is about the first orc invasion of Azeroth, not the corruption of the orcs. When the orcs invaded, Ner'zhul was pretty much out of the picture.

Things have to get cut for a movie to make sense. Books and Games have days and days, and years to explain the story of every little thing. A single movie doesn't, it has 2-3 hours to get out the main plot.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    arthas movie in 2019 or 2023?
    what say you?

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    arthas movie in 2019 or 2023?
    what say you?
    More like 2040.

Deleted
    Some of you people really lack vision. I suggest you all read Warcraft I and II manuals. You would learn it was Gul'dan who made the first contact with Kil'jaeden, not Ner'zhul. And you would learn that Ner'zhul is nowhere to be found.

Yet, none of that has not stopped him from being a big bad in the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Stop overreacting.

PS: For those lacking reading comprehension. I am well aware Rise of the Horde retconned it so it was Ner'zhul who made the first contact with Kil'jaeden. My point is it was not so originally, yet it worked just fine.
    Last edited by mmoc7f742db355; 2016-05-10 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

It's a bitchslap in the face of lore fans, as Ner'zhul created the Horde, not fucking Gul'dan. But whatever.
    Speak for yourself. As a rabid lore fan, a fan of reading, and movies I understand you cannot take a 1:1 transation from book to movie and have it make any sense. Adding Ner'zul, the BL, making Ogrim a Blackrock, or adding in Grom is just too much for one movie. Not to mention the movie is meant to appeal to not just Warcraft fans. Also you just need to seperate the movie universe from the game universe.

Deleted
    It's a good thing

Too many characters is NOT good. So please, take off your fanboy pants for a few minutes. Do you want a good movie or do you want to see all your favourites from the official lore?

Ner'Zhul did not play a big part in the 1st war anyways. It's way better to introduce him later one. Seeing as 2/4 of the main orc characters dies in this movie it will be perfect to introduce him in the 2nd movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Speak for yourself. As a rabid lore fan, a fan of reading, and movies I understand you cannot take a 1:1 transation from book to movie and have it make any sense. Adding Ner'zul, the BL, making Ogrim a Blackrock, or adding in Grom is just too much for one movie. Not to mention the movie is meant to appeal to not just Warcraft fans. Also you just need to seperate the movie universe from the game universe.
    Actually, Grom is in the movie. Mostly a cameo, I'm sure.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kazinsky who played Orgrim said that Mannoroth exists in the movie Universe, but they HAD to cut things like him and Nerzhul from the movie to make the story work. Its not the book, its a 2 hour movie with own methods and tropes, so its good to get rid of Nerzhul in the first movie if it will make movie better.
    They alwas can add Nerzhul in the sequels if it will be necessary.