Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    Wikipedia: "Usage of the alpha/beta test terminology originated at IBM. As long ago as the 1950s (and probably earlier), IBM used similar terminology for their hardware development."

It's a pretty old standard in the IT industry. Just listen to Ions words at the beginning of the interview.
    Yes, and he states your definition of alpha/beta is wrong, but lately it's what people have been using and they know it's wrong but they're using it anyway. But you know you're wrong because your wikipedia refernce didn't even include the definition...

At lower levels when you literally have one skill
    The usage of "literally" here is meaningless. They should try to remove it from their patch notes before posting them and see if any of information of value was lost. There won't be.

I havent read through all the comments yet, but is it me or is a classic problem from pre LFD days about to become a massive problem in Legion when it comes to mythic dungeons and keystones.
    What I'm looking at is the limited number of tanks and healers for dungeon runs, and how to fill this potential massive void when you have people various different keystone stages, for example, you have a guild group of 4 people, 3 dps and 1 healer at a +7 keystone level, but can only find a tank that is at a 3 keystone level to fill their group need, or a tank at a +10 keystone level who cant find a group that is within a +3 keystone level to the tank, are these groups now forced to spend time trying to get someone to their point of mythic keystone progression or sitting in LFG hoping someone will join their group in their keystone range which while competing with who knows how many groups looking for similar needs since. by my understanding this just seems like its going to lead to a massive WoW forum screaming fit that could rival Cata dungeon difficulty whining days once everyone gets into the Legion features after launch. if I'm misunderstanding things, I would be grateful for a proper explination about this new mythic feature.
    I bring this up simply because I see no mention about the keystones scaling to highest or lowest in group, just how affix are pre set to all realms

Quote Originally Posted by dmt4life View Post
    I bring this up simply because I see no mention about the keystones scaling to highest or lowest in group, just how affix are pre set to all realms
    The dungeon difficulty and rewards will be based on the party leader's keystone.

I'm not sure if everyone's keystone gets upgraded upon dungeon completion, or if only the leader's keystone gets upgraded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Also considering how large this pre-patch event is, you'd think they'd want people to enjoy it longer than just one month, then its gone.

But here's what confuses me: A month ago Watcher said the Broken Shore functions as Legions' version of Assault on the Dark Portal" in Tanaan. That the Broken Shore instance is the introduction to leveling in Legion, so that part of the pre-event would be sticking around throughout the expansion.

But today, in the Dev Update, Watcher is now saying the Broken Shore instance is going away forever on August 30th. What? Why?

Also the class hall order sets lists one of the critera is "Complete the Broken Shore Leveling Questline." I suppose the Instance could be considered a 'questline" but it's really just a scenario... Is the Broken Shore getting replaced with a leveling zone at launch or something? A Whole additional questing zone we've never heard about before now?
    The pre event is going away on the 30th and that's doing stuff all over Azeroth and getting some loot before Legion.

The quest for order halls requires you to do the scenario, which will always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    "The team made leveling through previous expansions faster to reduce the barrier to entry for people that want to catch up and play with their friends. The Character Boost system solves this problem, so there is no need to rush players through leveling anymore."

I read this as "leveling used to be easy, now that you can pay 60 dollars for a character boost, prepare for it to be much harder"
    They have a point.
    Go through the levelling experience nowadays, and see just how many of the experienced players actually are wanting to take their time.
    It is rush, rush, rush all the time.
    They don't even stop that at level cap, with dungeons still being about being in and out as quickly as possible.
    Look at Everbloom with the shortcut for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I love their excuses for not releasing beta when the said they would. If morons expect beta to be a demo you don't cater to those morons. You simply inform them that beta testing is a process designed to allow developers to locate and address bugs before the product fully launches.

Blizzard: Promising things they can't deliver since 2004
    Plans change, especially those made at very early stages.
    Players whining about everything, since 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    The dungeon difficulty and rewards will be based on the party leader's keystone.

I'm not sure if everyone's keystone gets upgraded upon dungeon completion, or if only the leader's keystone gets upgraded.
    well that seems a bit more reasonable, though I would hope that everyone gets a keystone upgrade, even if its only a +1 to their own keystone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I want a beta invite! *willing to sacrifice kitties, doggies, small children, cookies and sanity to any deity that will get me one*
    You'd sacrifice cookies? What kind of sick animal are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    It's like you haven't paid attention to anything they're doing with the world content this go around.
    They can't fix what they ruined in Legion. Pristine will help and be a few steps in the right direction but this games current realm population per realm will never ever compete with what an official Legacy realm population would be.

if they make leveling slower i will be pissed.
    outland and northrend are already hell enough.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

i cannot accept real ID invite! what do i do

I'm really glad they acknowledged the issues with classic leveling zones, and am very excited to see all they are putting into making this a vibrant expac for a long time to come. I have a feeling that these systems are going to become mainstays for us, if they turn out as well long term as they sound (and I don't have a reason to doubt that they will) I'm also keenly interested in the content of Suramar.

Expect a pre-order by the end of the day!

As an aside, I'd like to bring up that having some non-neutral monsters in the very early zones isn't the worst thing. One of my old raid leaders used to be very proud of when he fought through all those troggs in the tunnel to gain entry to the rest of Khaz-Modan (he played a gnome and it was the foundation of his gnomish pride lols).
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2016-05-10 at 09:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    if they make leveling slower i will be pissed.
    outland and northrend are already hell enough.
    Well, if they make it slower but also a lot more enjoyable/giving you a way to enjoy the content more, would that not be great? You could always just buy the 300% exp potions.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Beta was going to start in November Wiggity-whatnow??
    Lol, that was my first thought too--but then I remembered that everyone was expecting the Legion Beta to start up not long after the Blizzcon when it was announced. They meant Last November--not this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Well, if they make it slower but also a lot more enjoyable/giving you a way to enjoy the content more, would that not be great? You could always just buy the 300% exp potions.
    if they do it right and copy GW2 and/or SWTOR leveling systems which it very much appears like they are testing with Legion, I don't think much will change other than you could level through entire zones with the xp rewards still being worth while

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    What if a person joins the game mid expansion? They would miss out... and with them having issues with content, why remove content from the game after just 6 weeks?
    You get more people to play now by offering something exclusive and this is how they've done it for almost every expansion.

I have no idea where you guys get the idea that the broken shore scenario will be removed when the expansion launches. First of all this not at all what he said and second of all you can't access any broken isles area including dalaran without completing this scenario first. It's a 20-20 scenario but can be completed fully solo since the difficulty is scaled based on the number of players present.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    i hate slow leveling
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    What adding content? That would cost us a raid tier!
    It's funny cause the Zandalari dungeons DID cost us a raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I'm really glad they acknowledged the issues with classic leveling zones, and am very excited to see all they are putting into making this a vibrant expac for a long time to come. I have a feeling that these systems are going to become mainstays for us, if they turn out as well long term as they sound (and I don't have a reason to doubt that they will) I'm also keenly interested in the content of Suramar.

Expect a pre-order by the end of the day!

As an aside, I'd like to bring up that having some non-neutral monsters in the very early zones isn't the worst thing. One of my old raid leaders used to be very proud of when he fought through all those troggs in the tunnel to gain entry to the rest of Khaz-Modan (he played a gnome and it was the foundation of his gnomish pride lols).
    and i feel those systems will completly and totaly fuck up people who do not already have ton of alts - it wont fuck up altoholicks with 40 alts it will screw those with 4-5 who would like to get 6th but now they will have to put in 200-300 hours or pay up 50 euro - its financial scam :/