Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I thought this was going to be something sexual

7+ Year Old Account
    So many people offended that others enjoy pristine servers, so much so that they've basically forced blizzard into making them. If you don't like the idea or any discussion on the topic why don't you just ignore it? It has no effect on you at all. You just want to shit on another persons good time that bad? Do you feel that threatened by people enjoying themselves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It's the new flavor of the week thing to hate on in WoW. Tends to cycle between that, casuals, LFR, flying mounts, Mythic raiders and/or content, and maybe a couple other things I'm forgetting.
    That would make sense if people hadn't been saying the same thing since cata.

Deleted
    Learn to make a proper thread instead of trying to vaguely bait people into spending time to find out what you are even going on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    So many people offended that others enjoy pristine servers, so much so that they've basically forced blizzard into making them. If you don't like the idea or any discussion on the topic why don't you just ignore it? It has no effect on you at all. You just want to shit on another persons good time that bad? Do you feel that threatened by people enjoying themselves?

- - - Updated - - -

That would make sense if people hadn't been saying the same thing since cata.
    The pristine server thing had nothing to do with it. The fact is he pretty much decided to created a clickbait title that says "WAAAH WAAAH MODERN QOL FEATURES RUINED WOW".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    No one cares that you enjoy playing on a Pristine Server. How entitled do you think you are, that you're immune from criticism when you post shit on a PUBLIC forum? Especially when you're claiming something as ridiculous as how OPTIONAL features have ruined the game. The only reason for anyone to post about how much better Pristine Servers are compared to live, is because they're 'threatened' that others are enjoying things they aren't. You have nothing better to do than shitpost on PUBLIC forums, about how your version of the game is the only enjoyable version. You're clearly lost to the massive irony of your post.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The pristine server thing had nothing to do with it. The fact is he pretty much decided to created a clickbait title that says "WAAAH WAAAH MODERN QOL FEATURES RUINED WOW".
    The auto-LFG was implemented right around when subscriptions started plummeting ~2010, so there may be some credibility there.

I don't think Pristine servers will undo the damage, but whatever.

OP: I forgot modern WoW still used a friends list, thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    transmog killed the game.
    You forgot to blame pet battles and the mount journal!

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    I can now honestly say, that LFG, flying mount and transmog killed the game.
    your subjective experience has zero impact on the objective truthfulness of that statement.

I talk to people, group with people, know people on a first name basis by playing the game regularly so by your logic i can now honestly say that LFG, flying mount and transmog have not killed the game because my personal experience backs it up.
    you see the problem?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Those things do not stop you from interacting with other people.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I think the toxicity of the community has hurt the game far more than any accessibility feature that's been added over the last 10 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone post a link to whatever Project Sixty is? I've never heard of it. It's a role play thing?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    No one cares that you enjoy playing on a Pristine Server. How entitled do you think you are, that you're immune from criticism when you post shit on a PUBLIC forum? Especially when you're claiming something as ridiculous as how OPTIONAL features have ruined the game. The only reason for anyone to post about how much better Pristine Servers are compared to live, is because they're 'threatened' that others are enjoying things they aren't. You have nothing better to do than shitpost on PUBLIC forums, about how your version of the game is the only enjoyable version. You're clearly lost to the massive irony of your post.
    You obviously don't understand what irony means, here's a hint, your post is full of it.... TBH I don't care about pristine servers and never claimed anything about how my version of the game is the only enjoyable version or that QOL features ruined wow, but keep on making up whatever bullshit you want seems to be working out for you. I just don't see the harm in letting people that want to play vanilla play. How entitled do YOU think you are that you can tell people what version of the game they can and can't play? Sounds like you're the one feeling threatened. You can have pristine servers and normal servers side by side co-existing and make everyone happy, that really sounds terribly selfish and entitled huh?

Does that mean you are having fun, even though all those features weren't removed from the game, because you adhere to specific set of rules created by players themselves and don't care about people, who aren't part of the niche community? I thought handicaping yourself wasn't the solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    You forgot to blame pet battles and the mount journal!
    Don't forget those new HD models....
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Sounds like he's had a little too much Soda.

Deleted
    On topic:

I added three people to my friendlist that last week
    Had a great time talking about things. Until we finally found a fitting price, I got my gold in each case and kicked them again. Because randoms. With random lives that are not my concern.

But, good for you if you find new friends this way I guess even though this is just advertisement for something random from some random server it seems.

EDIT: My post sounds really negative. Dont wanna edit it though because then it wouldnt reflect my thoughts. Sorry in advance I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    How is transmog stopping anybody from interacting with other players?
    Because back in vanilla you had nothing better to do but stand in IF or Org and show off your purples. It was a sad and pathetic attempt for individuals with low self esteem to be validated and accepted by peers. Its pretty obtuse to call that social behavior when in fact it was the complete opposite. The early iteration of the game actually encouraged anti-social behavior: narcissism and codependency.

I wish i could afford a pair of those fancy rose colored glasses.

Great that you are enjoying the game again... but it has nothing to do with the 1-60 content, or what features you choose not to employ. It has everything to do with players and their CHOICE to be social, the effort they make to create a social environment.

If ADDING features somehow detracts from the social atmosphere, an intelligent person would have to question whether the social atmosphere ever really existed.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The only thing "no transmog" does is...if you hate the look of your current BiS tier gear (and apparently people do - by the amount of "this tier is the worst / laziest evah") - then you are a top notch raider who has to look ugly.
    There's also the issue of the dreaded inappropriate offset piece. Like those times you saw a druid with their awesome animal themed staff, flowing plant themed robes, pauldrons adorned with vines and antlers... and that completely WTF rogue helm that had way better stats than the set helm. In Leg we can probably look forward to a ton of leather sporting a demon hunter look, leading to more hilarious clown suits for druids and monks as their offset pieces clash with their tier sets.

I have to confess, I kept Guise of the Midgard Serpent all these years on my druid and even used it as a transmog piece simply because it was so insane looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I have to confess, I kept Guise of the Midgard Serpent all these years on my druid and even used it as a transmog piece simply because it was so insane looking.
    You would.

I am a total hoarder though... I keep totally worthless shit.

Like this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=19727/blood-scythe

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I have no idea what this thread is about.
    obvious i am not the only one. no plan what they all talk about...