Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I only started in Cata, but when I was levelling through the CSI zone and the A Team zone and the Indiana Jones zone and all the tedious content built on nothing stronger than lazy pop culture references I figured out that I should never get invested in any of the lore of this game. There are traces of something interesting in there but there's also a whole lot of Blizzard's writers showing it no respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Considering we've gone two expansions now with our feedback being ignored, with a dev flat out telling us its being ignored. Also given that our class hall campaign doesn't actually fit the intent of the class halls (for example, we're not leading any of our own warriors), or even fit our class (and has retcons), hell it barely fits the setting. Or how we're the only class without a single iconic weapon or at least a weapon that is tied to an iconic character. Also despite being the class that can use the most weapons, our artifacts have the least variety (all swords). I'd say its safe to assume that they either hate warriors or just care less about them than any other class.
    Blizzard ignores class feedback all the time, the MoP level 90 talent choice for Mages were worse then anything Warriors have had to endure recently. Warlock class design in WoD, the nerf of Demonology in particular. Warriors are not the only ones unhappy with Class Hall feedback, Paladins get bitch smacked by a DK invasion, the class halls for DK's and Monks are basically nothing new, and lets not forget the entire Rogue disappointment with their class hall. Most classes get Artifact weapons that have either new or mentioned once in a previous game, I think the only class with well defined Artifacts are Paladins, Mages, Death Knights and Druids.

Almost every class in this game swears that Blizzard hates/ignores them, this is nothing new. Just look through any class thread (Paladin, Mage, DK, Warlock, etc...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Blizzard ignores class feedback all the time, the MoP level 90 talent choice for Mages were worse then anything Warriors have had to endure recently. Warlock class design in WoD, the nerf of Demonology in particular. Warriors are not the only ones unhappy with Class Hall feedback, Paladins get bitch smacked by a DK invasion, the class halls for DK's and Monks are basically nothing new, and lets not forget the entire Rogue disappointment with their class hall. Most classes get Artifact weapons that have either new or mentioned once in a previous game, I think the only class with well defined Artifacts are Paladins, Mages, Death Knights and Druids.

Almost every class in this game swears that Blizzard hates/ignores them, this is nothing new. Just look through any class thread (Paladin, Mage, DK, Warlock, etc...)
    -Terrible class design in WoD
    -nerfing gladiator in WoD
    -removal of gladiator in Legion
    -WoD Arms 2.0 in Legion (after really good start, stripped of all the things players liked)
    -fixing the specs with set bonuses
    -ignoring the feedback that was for 6 builds all the same with response: "we like it, It's fine" while players don't think so
    -class hall that is just a part of dungeon
    -not actually leading our class order hall
    -our class leader is boss
    -not a single player race warrior in our order hall
    -not a single artifact weapon mentioned in lore before while there are choice from many more iconic (Brox axe, Shalamayne...)

at least other clases have something fun..

15+ Year Old Account
    Fun and logical reasoning is banned for Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Or how we're the only class without a single iconic weapon or at least a weapon that is tied to an iconic character.
    Aren't Prot Warriors literally carrying around a scale of Neltharion? I'd say one of the Dragon Aspects is iconic.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Aren't Prot Warriors literally carrying around a scale of Neltharion? I'd say one of the Dragon Aspects is iconic.
    Which is only made important because a previously-unheard-of Vrykul made it and used it before hand.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=141195/odyns-challenge
    "Odyn himself invites the most powerful champions of Azeroth to enter his halls and face his warriors."

The plot thickens. Odyns is allowing anyone into his falls to show off how great they are.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Which is only made important because a previously-unheard-of Vrykul made it and used it before hand.
    Well, We're also carrying the Sword of Thoras Trollbane, but I guess that's not Iconic enough either.

Are Paladins whining 2/3 of their weapons are also Vrykul/Titanic artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Well, We're also carrying the Sword of Thoras Trollbane, but I guess that's not Iconic enough either.

Are Paladins whining 2/3 of their weapons are also Vrykul/Titanic artifacts?
    Paladins have some semblance of story outside of the Vrykul, which the expansion is already halfway centered around, so I'd guess not.

Their artifacts were also important before this expansion. While it sounds cool to say "the sword of Thoradin Trollbane*", it looses some of it's luster when you recognize the fact that the character almost didn't exist in WoW-lore until the artifacts unveiling, so it isn't quite as interesting as something that's been predominantly mentioned in the games story for many years (ie: Ashbringer).

*It's actually the sword of Thoradin (who is not a Trollbane), not Thoras Trollbane (who wielded Trol'kalar and was alive during the second Human-Orc War).

Getting really sick of waiting for this 3 day period where you just do missions to continue this campaign. Im 7 hours away from completing the 3rd one and if I see another mission after this Im going to get really mad.

I get that this is supposed to be similar to the legendary questline in WoD, but I dont enjoy being forced to login just because my mission is done so I can continue on the next. I would much rather prefer a daily quest like apexis, at least I would be stepping outside of my class hall to do that daily and could do it at ANY time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Getting really sick of waiting for this 3 day period where you just do missions to continue this campaign. Im 7 hours away from completing the 3rd one and if I see another mission after this Im going to get really mad.

I get that this is supposed to be similar to the legendary questline in WoD, but I dont enjoy being forced to login just because my mission is done so I can continue on the next. I would much rather prefer a daily quest like apexis, at least I would be stepping outside of my class hall to do that daily and could do it at ANY time of the day.
    You're going to like your play your mobile app AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT

YOU THINK YOU HATE GARRISONS, BUT YOU REALLY DONT
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Can someone explain to me how we make a scale crafted into a shield breathe fire? Do we just blow at it while holding it up, is that how this works?

Wait how did a vrykul king acquire a scale? Did he pick it up off the ground? Did he catch Nelth while snoozing? Because he surely didn't fight and win, nor did he fight and get injured, or it would have included that detail, right? Did he get the scale while he was king or before while he was a peon?

All these unanswered and semi-crucial questions to remain unanswered, coming to a lore filled Halls of Valha-lor near you!™**

Deleted
    Paladins have some semblance of story outside of the Vrykul, which the expansion is already halfway centered around, so I'd guess not.

Their artifacts were also important before this expansion.

Ashbringer was, let's not beat about the bush. You're talking of Ashbringer Envy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ashbringer was, let's not beat about the bush. You're talking of Ashbringer Envy.
    No...its not. they could have easily used a weapon that existed prior to the alpha, Axe of Cenarius or Trol'kalar are fine examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post

Wait until the 14 day "build" time on order hall progression.

"Sweet, I finally unlocked tier X effect and can equip another legendary!" /wait 2 weeks.

I doubt it will change, but I made a post about it. In my opinion the 2 week time is fine if it takes that long to unlock said tier, but not an arbitrary gate after unlocking it. Same result, much different perception.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure where you got envy out of it, as I don't actually want it; personally I think every class should have a "made up" artifact, rather than one that's already heavily featured in the story, but that's neither here nor there.

My point was that Paladin artifacts already had a lot of lore built up around them. Even the Silver Hand, if not directly mentioned in game as a physical item, has a strong connection to the class, as a physical manifestation of the basis for their order (ie: their namesake).

In other words, the Paladin artifacts are already strongly associated with their class, ours are not. It's a matter of being told: "this is important to you" rather than letting that feeling build up naturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Can someone explain to me how we make a scale crafted into a shield breathe fire? Do we just blow at it while holding it up, is that how this works?

Wait how did a vrykul king acquire a scale? Did he pick it up off the ground? Did he catch Nelth while snoozing? Because he surely didn't fight and win, nor did he fight and get injured, or it would have included that detail, right? Did he get the scale while he was king or before while he was a peon?

All these unanswered and semi-crucial questions to remain unanswered, coming to a lore filled Halls of Valha-lor near you!™**
    It'd be really rad if it was Deathwing's scale that damaged the Dragonsoul.
    'A corpse should be left alone.'

Deleted

Their artifacts were also important before this expansion. While it sounds cool to say "the sword of Thoradin Trollbane*", it looses some of it's luster when you recognize the fact that the character almost didn't exist in WoW-lore until the artifacts unveiling, so it isn't quite as interesting as something that's been predominantly mentioned in the games story for many years (ie: Ashbringer).

*It's actually Thoradin Trollbane's sword, not Thoras (who wielded Trol'kalar and was alive during the second Human-Orc War).
    TBH i think that is more a problem with the extremely well known ashbringer and doomhammer, rather then the rest of the artifacts. If they just hadn't given players the extremely iconic weapons, the contrast between the remaining made up ones and semi-known ones would have been a lot different in perception.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabronthe View Post
    It'd be really rad if it was Deathwing's scale that damaged the Dragonsoul.
    that scale fit in a humans hand/pocket so that sure woulda made an amazing shield

- - - Updated - - -

He was probably given the scale by Neltharion for some reason/reward/task, since it's such a huge scale. Though dragons shed scales all the time like we shed hairs/skin flakes.

Dragon scales are highly magical in nature they can do all sorts of fancy shit in lore, a common use is to use them as a phone between the dragon and his agents.

Hodir and Thorim under the Warrior player's command? What the hell... That is like me (a Druid) commanding Cenarius and Malorne... Not to mention King Ymiron who is the first boss in the Helheim/Maw of Souls dungeon.

"An impenetrable shield crafted from a scale of the black Dragon Aspect, Neltharion the Earth-Warder, before the Old Gods' corruption overcame him. The formidable vrykul king Magnar Icebreaker carried this shield into combat and won victory after victory in the face of grim odds. When he finally fell in battle, it was due to treachery by servants of the Val'kyr Helya. The shield is now entombed with King Magnar's body in the Path of Kings in Stormheim."

Not explicitly stated either way, but very unlikely that it was given, more likely it was found. Keep in mind this is before Old God corruption, and back then Neltharion wasn't such a bad dude, making a fight unlikely. Also not much information on how close of dealings they'd have had with Vrykul or any other sentient races, those most lore implies that Dragons kind of kept to themselves at that point in time.

I think part of the problem is that, due to the way the class is, Blizzard simply threw this out as a way for class design. The term "Warrior" is such a broad word, encompassing every race on Azeroth, that it's really impossible for them to have given us something without making someone feel alienated. It could've been done, in my opinion, but it would've taken a lot of work. They tried, but they failed.

For example, take any common Warrior from any race, and think about what image it brings forth. A Dwarven Warrior? An Orc? Blood Elf? Night Elf? All of them are unique, as different as they are alike. And most races don't even have some common basis for the warriors of their armies, they're literally just the common footsoldiers (as opposed to the Silver Hand, Blood Knights, etc, all dedicated and separate entities in their own right). Hell, people even have different conceptions of these terms - what I think of when I say, "Orc Warrior" could be entirely different from someone else's. The term is just too broad for us to have a concrete identity based simply on "Warrior".

I think that's why Blizz chose to go this route. They tried to do something that would bring us all together in some way, shape, or form, but it simply didn't work the way they envisioned. In my opinion, it shouldn't have been "Class"-based, so much as it should've been "Spec"-based. Imagine it - we, the Class Leader, along with a bunch of other prominent Warriors, establish our own army, one consisting of pretty much every major Warrior on Azeroth. We have headwuarters somewhere in the Isles, a fortress we built or fought tooth and nail for from the Nightborne/Legion/Vrykul. There's different "sub-factions" within our base - the more "orderly" fighters (Blademasters, Tacticians, etc) congregate together, while the "rowdy" crowds gather in the party halls (Berserkers, Mercenaries, etc), and the "frontline" gathers somewhere else (Shieldbearers, Officers, etc). There's as many different types of Warrior as there are players - the Blood Elven Spellbreakers join us, the Dwarven Mountain Kings pledged themselves to our banners, the elite Human Knights ride into battle alongside Orcish Berserkers - any type. Under a sigil and heroes that assembled all these, we could've brought the battle straight to the Legion. It wouldn't have been as flashy or cool as any of the other classes, but IMO, it'd have fit better.

The Warriors suffer most because we don't have a concrete class identity, and because of that, because we're by far the most broad class in terms of racial diversitiy and such, we needed something else, something that was bigger than us. Something that was able to bring everyone together in the face of the Legion, but instead, we got half-assed psuedo-Viking/Titan lore. Just my thoughts on it.