Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They could just pull a Jon S...wait a minute.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Varian Wrynn was one of the most iconic and important characters in Warcraft history, yet he basically went out like a chump being taken out by a handful of Gul'dan's minion's.

I think they should have given a character like Varian with such importence a heroic death, like going toe to toe with Gul'dan but coming up short, or sacrificing himself to save Jaina.

Thoughts?

RIP My Sweet King

uhh... what? he charges into a horde of hundrreds of demons, ones who have killed in the past, cleaving down demon after demon... (also we havent seen the cinematic yet) so why do you say his death wasent heroic? also

SPOILERS please lable your thread "SHould XXX char had a more heroic death" litterally the front page right now says this massive spoiler... dude ffing...

Deleted
    No, the Alliance counterpart to the respective Horde character always dies offscreen. Nazgrim and Admiral Taylor for example.

Also if we don't actually see his dead body they can always bring him back since he wasn't actually dead and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    my only problem is that his son didn't die with him

you had one job burning legion, one job!
    And now we ahve to deal with that brat all expansion since blizz can't get away from Urcz and Huminz.

7+ Year Old Account
    again... why are people assuming and hateing on blizzard for him having a horrid non heroic death THE CINEMATIC ISENT IN THE FUCKING GAME!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    No, the Alliance counterpart to the respective Horde character always dies offscreen. Nazgrim and Admiral Taylor for example.

Also if we don't actually see his dead body they can always bring him back since he wasn't actually dead and stuff.
    we see admiral taylor die... we find him being tortured and his body erupt into a massive abomination of bone... so please...

Mostly just Infernals, Felguards, Doomguards from what I saw.

We had Varian + Genn + Jaina + plus your character (who is only a notch below them), and a handful of other allies.
    You didn't see anything. He dies in the cinematic that happens after you get surrounded by the demons, and unless you somehow managed to get into Blizzard's offices and watch the cutscene before it got implemented, you do not know how he dies, also re-do the scenario, read the names of the demons that Gul'dan summons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    we see admiral taylor die... we find him being tortured and his body erupt into a massive abomination of bone... so please...
    Hairsplitting.
    He is pretty much dead already when you find him. You know, the whole exploding into bones thing right when you see him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    If a last stand against an infinite army of demons doesn't count, then I'm not exactly sure what does... if anything it's Tyrion who got the short end of the stick.
    He is coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    I dont get why the Valkyr wont raise him to the Halls of Valor. I thought they took the greatest warriors and all..

I doubt he is gone.
    Ebon blade should raise him as a horseman like Trion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Hairsplitting.
    He is pretty much dead already when you find him. You know, the whole exploding into bones thing right when you see him.
    so is the lich king, hes undead and we just show up and kill him, his death was pretty pathetic too...

10+ Year Old Account

We had Varian + Genn + Jaina + plus your character (who is only a notch below them), and a handful of other allies.
    You don't pay much attention to things when you see them, do you...

Gul'dan summoned a veritable army in front of the Tomb, including demons with names like Brutallus, Jaraxxus, Gorgonnash, Destromath, Kathra'natir, and Mephistroth and Tichondrius, even.

Dreadlords. Leaders of the Nathrezim. The only ones who hold higher rank and more power than those 2 are Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, and Sargeras himself.

Now tell me again how everyone walks away from that fight without any changes in their life expectancy. Especially Varian and Vol'jin, because the dreadlords are master tacticians and know that they're the current pillars on which the Horde and Alliance rest...

10+ Year Old Account
    we havent even seen the fucking cutscene... he probably will have a heroic death. save this conversation for after the cinematic actually gets released
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    His spirit fuses with Goldrinn and rises again?!
    That would be weird. BY OUR POWERS COMBINED!!!!!!!!

No, probably it's more likely that he's just not dead, and hiding out somewhere. Or maybe corrupted. I could see Sylvanas creaming herself at the opportunity to use the Valkyr to make Varian into a forsaken. Oh man wouldn't that stick in the craw of every alliance fanboi ever! But it would create some VERY interesting interaction between the horde and alliance. It would fit right in with the funeral too. As far as the alliance is concerned, he'd be effectively dead to them, unfit to rule or be king.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-05-10 at 09:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    You don't pay much attention to things when you see them, do you...

Gul'dan summoned a veritable army in front of the Tomb, including demons with names like Brutallus, Jaraxxus, Gorgonnash, Destromath, Kathra'natir, and Mephistroth and Tichondrius, even.

Dreadlords. Leaders of the Nathrezim. The only ones who hold higher rank and more power than those 2 are Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, and Sargeras himself.

Now tell me again how everyone walks away from that fight without any changes in their life expectancy. Especially Varian and Vol'jin, because the dreadlords are master tacticians and know that they're the current pillars on which the Horde and Alliance rest...
    I'm know that now, but do you realize how powerful Jaina Proudmoore and Varian Wrynn actually are?

Both are arguably the strongest of their class on Azeroth ( Mage / Warrior ) and Varian is infused with a demi-god ffs.

Even pre-Lich King Arthas was able to dispose of Mal'ganis will little effort and Illidan did the same with Tichondrius .

I'm know that now, but do you realize how powerful Jaina Proudmoore and Varian Wrynn actually are?

Both are arguably the strongest of their class on Azeroth ( Mage / Warrior ) and Varian is infused with a demi-god ffs.

Even pre-Lich King Arthas was able to dispose of Mal'ganis will little effort and Illidan did the same with Tichondrius .
    We may as well end the expansion early, since it seems the combination of Jaina and Varian can take care of the Legion's entire roster of high-ranking demons on their own. Throw Malfurion in there and we can probably skip the Void Lords while we're at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    We may as well end the expansion early, since it seems the combination of Jaina and Varian can take care of the Legion's entire roster of high-ranking demons on their own. Throw Malfurion in there and we can probably skip the Void Lords while we're at it.
    I'm pretty sure they could take out any of them aside from Sargeras/Kil'jaeden/Archimonde/Gul'dan

edit : they have healers backing them up too.
    Last edited by Khadgar; 2016-05-10 at 10:57 PM.

Lol, seems mods are sleeping on this.

I'm pretty sure they could take out any of them aside from Sargeras/Kil'jaeden/Archimonde/Gul'dan

edit : they have healers backing them up too.
    Blizzard seems to disagree, which would make you incorrect. Obviously they're not strong enough to defeat whatever killed Varian or else he wouldn't be dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Blizzard seems to disagree, which would make you incorrect. Obviously they're not strong enough to defeat whatever killed Varian or else he wouldn't be dead.
    Guess you're right, if only Varian had a shield he could've gone prot spec then tank and spanked them all.

Don't forget Varian is the avatar of Goldrinn, so he is now probably in the Emerald Dream, waiting for his return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Fucking dickhead, have you ever heard of spoiler alert?
    if you didn't know by now you were going to find out very soon anyway, in today's age spoilers don't stay secrets for long :/

I'm positive this has been pointed out to you, but the demons that come out of the portal are Tichondrius, Balnazzar, (Detheroc or Anetheron I forget), Brutallus, Gul'dan himself was present, Lord Jaraxxus and many other big bads were also present. How can you say that's "mostly just infernals, felguards, doomguards"? I think you need to rewatch the event. Sure, there were a shitload of all sorts of demons, but there were also the ones mentioned above along with others.