Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Did not realize there were so many left wing masochists...but honestly i'm not surprised in the slightest.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Someone failed statistics class. The minute you said "leftist" your argument was invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Lol. There are so many things you can criticize about polling methods, but only people who failed statistics think 1000 is too small of a sample size.
    You're talking about a Republican eventual nominee. 99.9% of dems will vote "Trump is worse than anything and everything". This isn't coca cola vs pepsi. Glad you two are so smart though. Cuz fuck logic amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by AntiSafeSpace View Post
    You're talking about a Republican eventual nominee. 99.9% of dems will vote "Trump is worse than anything and everything". This isn't coca cola vs pepsi. Glad you two are so smart though. Cuz fuck logic amirite?
    You don't have any logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's cool to hate Nickelback. Just like it's cool to hate and insult the Trump.
    Nono.
    Nickelback used to be a mild grunge rock band, they turned into a ballade pop rock group.
    D. Trump used to be a rich moron on TV that we made fun of. Now he's got a chance to becoming the most powerful person in the world! Also he is a raging racist, dicriminant against a whole load of people, openly says he'd date his daughter AND in general a very childish person.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiSafeSpace View Post
    You did fuck logic, alright. None of the 5 sentences here address the two main complaints, which is that 1,000 is not a small sample size, and that the political orientation of the polling agency does not by itself matter.

You could have questioned whether the sample was representative (i.e. was the sample actually random), you could have questioned if the methods introduced any systematic bias (they could have only called landlines, and maybe people with only cell phones give different results). You could have questioned the wording of the questions themselves, as that can influence people's choices.

Instead, you complained about two things that don't actually matter to the statistics. And when people rightly pointed that out, you respond as if your post was somehow logical. It's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Nono.
    Nickelback used to be a mild grunge rock band, they turned into a ballade pop rock group.
    D. Trump used to be a rich moron on TV that we made fun of. Now he's got a chance to becoming the most powerful person in the world! Also he is a raging racist, dicriminant against a whole load of people, openly says he'd date his daughter AND in general a very childish person.
    I stand by my point: It's cool to hate what other people are hating.

Lol, Trump has record breaking votes. Sure, your poll is probably biased, but whatever, I'll trust the real American voter.

Also, I'll just leave this here. Have fun voting for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Lol, Trump has record breaking votes. Sure, your poll is probably biased, but whatever, I'll trust the real American voter.

looks like a draenei to me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I stand by my point: It's cool to hate what other people are hating.
    So it's fine in your eyes that a racist person that wants to brand and kick out certain people from a country is your countrys leader? They thought the same thing in Germany in the 30's...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    So it's fine in your eyes that a racist person that wants to brand and kick out certain people from a country is your countrys leader? They thought the same thing in Germany in the 30's...
    Is it racist to want to "brand and kick out" illegal immigrants? That's new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post

Well golly, its almost like liberals don't hate rich people, whites, nor christians!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Nickelback has a few decent songs.

If Everyone Cared, Rockstar and How You Remind Me are good songs.

I prefer Skillet to Nickelback though (although they are two different genres).

R
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You did fuck logic, alright. None of the 5 sentences here address the two main complaints, which is that 1,000 is not a small sample size, and that the political orientation of the polling agency does not by itself matter.

You could have questioned whether the sample was representative (i.e. was the sample actually random), you could have questioned if the methods introduced any systematic bias (they could have only called landlines, and maybe people with only cell phones give different results). You could have questioned the wording of the questions themselves, as that can influence people's choices.

Instead, you complained about two things that don't actually matter to the statistics. And when people rightly pointed that out, you respond as if your post was somehow logical. It's not.
    Oh, get real. You act as if this poll actually had any meaning whatsoever. Not only isn't it anywhere near as clever as you seem to imagine, it's not even original. it's just one of many "copycats" from an old poll which asked men whether they would rather watch the Tv show, "Touched by an Angel" or have a root canal. Of course, the men overwhelmingly responded with their preference for root canal.

And if a liberal polling company asked this question of 1000 liberal college students, yes, that absolutely would make a difference, and you know it.

As far as the condescending superiority attitude regarding knowledge of statistics goes, in my advanced statistics college class, out of over 40 students who started that class, less than 10 of us made it all the way through, and I made the only A. I have retained about as much of all that wonderful statistical knowledge I learned, as I remember of the 4 years of Spanish classes I took -- meaning, almost none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    in my advanced statistics college class, out of over 40 students who started that class, less than 10 of us made it all the way through, and I made the only A.
    Sounds legit.

I have retained about as much of all that wonderful statistical knowledge I learned, as I remember of the 4 years of Spanish classes I took -- meaning, almost none.
    Ahhhhh, ok, that makes sense
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Nickelback's best song.
    You're my new favorite.

R

Oh, get real. You act as if this poll actually had any meaning whatsoever. Not only isn't it anywhere near as clever as you seem to imagine, it's not even original. it's just one of many "copycats" from an old poll which asked men whether they would rather watch the Tv show, "Touched by an Angel" or have a root canal. Of course, the men overwhelmingly responded with their preference for root canal.

And if a liberal polling company asked this question of 1000 liberal college students, yes, that absolutely would make a difference, and you know it.

As far as the condescending superiority attitude regarding knowledge of statistics goes, in my advanced statistics college class, out of over 40 students who started that class, less than 10 of us made it all the way through, and I made the only A. I have retained about as much of all that wonderful statistical knowledge I learned, as I remember of the 4 years of Spanish classes I took -- meaning, almost none.
    You're first paragraph is essentially a complaint about the questions asked in the poll. Which, as I outlined in the post you quoted, is a legitimate complaint. Your second one conflates the 1000 sample size issue with the biased sample issue. Again, I pointed out that questioning how representative the sample is, is also a valid complaint. The sample size is not a valid complaint though.

With that in mind, you really didn't respond to my post. I'm pointing out that the guy whining about sample size should be going with the complaints you outlined here instead of the dumb complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    You're my new favorite.
    The zooming in on the face is just the finishing touch that makes it perfect.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2016-05-11 at 03:55 AM.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

You're first paragraph is essentially a complaint about the questions asked in the poll. Which, as I outlined in the post you quoted, is a legitimate complaint. Your second one conflates the 1000 sample size issue with the biased sample issue. Again, I pointed out that questioning how representative the sample is, is also a valid complaint. The sample size is not a valid complaint though.

With that in mind, you really didn't respond to my post. I'm pointing out that the guy whining about sample size should be going with the complaints you outlined here instead of the dumb .
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, and if the poll didn't come out the way they wanted, all they'd have to do is not report the results of the poll, or simply go for as many "do overs" as it took, until they got the results they wanted.

Of course I've also noticed that in everyone these "copycat" polls that I've ever seen, the vast overwhelming majority have always expressed a preference for root canal.

And sample size was just 1 of the complaints. I also noticed you conveniently ignored the rest.

Nickelback 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Nickelback 2016.
    I think I'd rather have Donald Trump running with a clone of himself.

And sample size was just 1 of the complaints. I also noticed you conveniently ignored the rest.
    What others? I've talked about the 'liberal polling agency', I've talked about the two you presented in your previous response to me. I'm not ignoring anything, but I keep getting the distinct feeling that you aren't reading my posts. Because your responses read like responses to 'my side' and not to me.