Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    No idea who this Jesse Cox is but he was clearly chosen to do this interview for a reason and it shows. What an idiot!
    He's become popular with the Cata Beta together with TB, he had a yt channel called OMFGCATA where he did WoW commentary stuff, but has basically quit WoW a long while ago. It's probably like the WoW devs don't play or love the game, so they pick someone who doesn't play or love the game as an interview host.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    He's become popular with the Cata Beta together with TB, he had a yt channel called OMFGCATA where he did WoW commentary stuff, but has basically quit WoW a long while ago. It's probably like the WoW devs don't play or love the game, so they pick someone who doesn't play or love the game as an interview host.
    It helps that he is a massive blizzard fanboy (almost to shill levels) who is constantly complaining about the little things, but would never critique them honestly .. and supposedly knows some devs, etc.. Hardly surprising that they didn't went for someone who would or just could ask "problematic" questions after WoD .

Lol btw at the beta excuse. People only expect that because bullshit spewing marketing wankers like they have at blizzard conditioned people to think that. Giving beta only to a select few high ranking players and (new) media people certainly didn't paint that picture anyway, right?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well just checked my launcher and low and behold there is Legion Alpha/Beta sitting there.. Though I signed up for Legion beta testing was not expecting an invite since I did not get one for WoD and I have not yet preordered the xpac either.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The RAF was very overkill, but having plus 450% exp, you can lvl extremly fast. Like, if you lvl as a tank, you can speedrun all the dungeons with extreme speed.... All i am saying is that the lvling process is very fast atm, even with just the 55% heirloom gear. I don't think it would hurt that much to extend the lvling process and maybe make it a better experience overall.
    I've gone through leveling almost 15 times and if I happen to roll another character I sure as fuck don't want to be spending much longer than it takes now getting it to max. And I'm DEFINITELY not wasting money on a boost. If some players want to spend weeks leveling, then fine, make an option for them, but for everyone else the pace is where it should be.

Deleted
    The Order Hall doesn't have a lot of customization like Garrisons. You can customize through your research tree and your artifact.
    But there was no customization in garrisons... Some useless statues and "oh your salvage yard is on the left side of the road instead of right side" are not customization in my books. Can't even choose general alliance guards (like randomly every race), only one race (or humans+dwarves) at the time...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
    I've gone through leveling almost 15 times and if I happen to roll another character I sure as fuck don't want to be spending much longer than it takes now getting it to max. And I'm DEFINITELY not wasting money on a boost. If some players want to spend weeks leveling, then fine, make an option for them, but for everyone else the pace is where it should be.
    So the pace is where it should be? So outlvling an area, before you are even close to finishing the zone-storyline is alright? Right now, the leveling experience is broken and even if you try to handicap yourself(no looms, nothing to help you lvl), you still outlvl zones before you are really done with them. It gives a crappy experience as both new and old players, since the paceing is so bad.

Since you have lvled so many characters, i understand why you don't really want to do the lvling content anymore, but aint that also a call to make the lvling experience fun again? To have it change into something new and, maybe, exiting? I personally was pretty done with lvling when Cata hit, yet the revamped zones really made me like lvling again. Don't you think a completly new lvling system would reignite that lost lvling flame?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    again why are you here if you hate wow and its player? here, i will give you a gold medal if you shit in your diaper? what you did it like a hundred times when you were ab baby, why wont you do it now? oh cause you should have gotten it when you did it then, and dont wanna have to do it now? oh well too bad

the issue is people are done with leveling, tons of people have allready done it, leveled all the chars they want, and dont want rewards locked behind doing old content, adding REWARDS to OLD CONTENT that people have allready done 1-22+ TIMES does not bode well... look at the BC raid pets... most people dont wanan spend the time to go back and farm them cause they allready did those raids hundredss of times for transmogs, so why go back just for a pet wasting their time...

- - - Updated - - -

lol... ok sure :P "i will make claims but refuse to provide evidence" get lost man
    ...Seriously, rewards are aimed at those that want them enough to do the content required. How is that hard to get? Fuck the people that don't want the rewards enough, those people shouldn't dictate how Blizzard create their games...since then, we end up with an expansion like WOD!
    The battle pets added to old raids added incentive, and tons of people that don't have a problem with running those raids over and over are selling the pets to those lazy bums that CBA to run the content. More options, more content and more incentive is always better. Fuck the people that don't want to do content if it's a repeat of previous actions due to add or some shit...those people shouldn't even play an mmorpg since EVERYTHING is a repetition in these games beyond the first play through...be it PvP or pve.
    Unique rewards for higher difficulty leveling seems like a great idea to me, I'd gladly do the content required if the rewards are great. I have 33 chars at 100.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-11 at 06:06 AM.

Deleted
    "Some beta invites are going out. Check your launcher. "

Hahahaha, as if I would get a closed beta invite to anything from Blizzard.

Woot got into the Beta. Not quite sure what I should try first. =)

There are some race and class combinations that don't make a lot of sense, like a Tauren Rogue.
    Can someone please explain to me how a Tauren Monk or a Pandaren Rogue make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how a Tauren Monk or a Pandaren Rogue make sense?
    Undead can be monks and worgens cant... thats the worst case in the matter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
    So you think that YOUR personal needs are above the needs of overall comunity, and what is actually healthy for both new players first impression, and the game itself? If yes, you can go already, cause we as a comunity don't give a fuck about some random dude with 15 characters already, who want to level up more. Just leave to another game, you are abysmal minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightAss View Post
    So you think that YOUR personal needs are above the needs of overall comunity, and what is actually healthy for both new players first impression, and the game itself? If yes, you can go already, cause we as a comunity don't give a fuck about some random dude with 15 characters already, who want to level up more. Just leave to another game, you are abysmal minority.
    How do you know that? There are more than enough altoholics out there. If you don't want to level fast - fine, don't use heirlooms etc. Stay in a zone if you want to finish it before moving on. Honestly, people like you behave like spoiled children or some religious dogmatics. WoW got so big because it was that casual!

Looks like Blizzard wants to sell more character boosts :/

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    How do you know that? There are more than enough altoholics out there. If you don't want to level fast - fine, don't use heirlooms etc. Stay in a zone if you want to finish it before moving on. Honestly, people like you behave like spoiled children or some religious dogmatics. WoW got so big because it was that casual!
    First, WoW was never casual compared to other MMOs, it just gave different experience. Second, WoW started bleeding subscribers, the moment blizzard changed their design philosophy from "all content is relevant, and cool rewards go to better players" to "only latest content is relevant, and most cool rewards are available to everybody". Just watch this https://youtu.be/Falm0H7VEiQ

Deleted
    At least with his point he does not bother the current system.If you are a new player and want to speed to max lvl you have a boost,if you want to lvl fast cuz boost is to price,you can do it in like 1,2 day's(even buying the token and geting the hierlooms,is a cheeper solution for the 50$ alternative).If you want to lvl the old school way,then dont wear the loom's,dont use xp potions,end of story.

Seriously the game is so big that anyone can find for them self something to do.No one is forcing you to do anything.
    Someone unhappy that the game is not catering solely to their whims is dragging others down.
    Be mature enough to just leave it alone, instead of being hellbent on hurting the experience of others.

First, WoW was never casual compared to other MMOs, it just gave different experience. Second, WoW started bleeding subscribers, the moment blizzard changed their design philosophy from "all content is relevant, and cool rewards go to better players" to "only latest content is relevant, and most cool rewards are available to everybody". Just watch this https://youtu.be/Falm0H7VEiQ
    Not even true. WoW subscribers stayed at a stable peak of 12 million all throughout WotLK. You know, the expansion that started the whole "casualisation" hysteria. WoW subscribers started to bleed during Cataclysm...funnily enough, that was when the first tier and the heroics were probably the hardest every.

Oh, and let's not forget that WotLK didn't start catch-up mechanisms. As of patch 2.4, the final patch of Burning Crusade, all attunements on BC raids were removed and you could get T5/T6 quality gear from badges of justice from places like Karazhan. Yet subscriber numbers continued to increase after this.

And before that you had Zul'Aman, the side raid that existed specifically for T5 catch up.

So please, go do some research before you spread blatant misinformation.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2016-05-11 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Not even true. WoW subscribers stayed at a stable peak of 12 million all throughout WotLK. You know, the expansion that started the whole "casualisation" hysteria. WoW subscribers started to bleed during Cataclysm...funnily enough, that was when the first tier and the heroics were probably the hardest every.

Oh, and let's not forget that WotLK didn't start catch-up mechanisms. As of patch 2.4, the final patch of Burning Crusade, all attunements on BC raids were removed and you could get T5/T6 quality gear from badges of justice from places like Karazhan. Yet subscriber numbers continued to increase after this.

And before that you had Zul'Aman, the side raid that existed specifically for T5 catch up.

So please, go do some research before you spread blatant misinformation.
    First of all not 2.4 - 2.4.3. I remember this patch very clearly, cause mounts became lvl 30. Second, WoW started loosing subscribers right after Ulduar, and then had its historical maximum at the start of cataclysm.

People are not unsubing the moment smth changes; they start unsubing when they grow sick of this changes. It's not one day process.
    Last edited by TwilightAss; 2016-05-11 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's so sad to see how people react to changes to leveling as "Ugh! Why does it have to take longer, it's boring!" when a big factor in why it's so boring is because you could be in a coma and still hit level 100 in 2 days. It's embarassing. Try to see the reason you find leveling boring instead of advocating it to remain what it is.

Hell, go level on a private realm for an hour or two and see what happens when leveling is no longer a godmode race to the finish. Where being reckless might actually kill you.

I am so glad they seem to have finally realized what has happened when they've let this snowball out of proportion. You shouldn't be a god damn demigod at level 20 just because you bought a heirloom weapon in WotLK.

Deleted
    First of all not 2.4 - 2.4.3. I remember this patch very clearly, cause mounts became lvl 30. Second, WoW started loosing subscribers right after Ulduar, and then had its historical maximum at the start of cataclysm.

People are not unsubing the moment smth changes; they start unsubing when they grow sick of this changes. It's not one day process.
    I unsobbed durring my LK progress untill the cata expansion for the first time,cuz my real life cought up to me and had to finish collage,as most of my friends at that time,ppl stoped playing cuz of real life situation that have prolonged since the whole tbc,wrath play through.Cuz most of my battle net friends at that time where at the same ago as i was,with same scenarios in real life as i was (thats around 20 ppl).So that why i/we stoped playing.Not cuz cata was a bad expnasion,but cuz of real life.