Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Is there a reputation associated with the spider vendor?
    Not on alpha. He seems to be without faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Then 2 million gold for a mount is madness. If you can't get filthy rich in Legion then this is Blizzards way to boost the token sales - with a game that has a subscription fee. That would be disgusting.
    People seem to forget that the token is the sub fee. For everyone that buys tokens to sell, there are those who buy the tokens from the market to use, and thus they don't pay for their subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

This spider mount is a good thing, the price of it, everything. Players were complaining about how gold was too easy to come by in WoD and there was nothing to buy with it. Now they have something to aspire to. Some will be able to afford it right away, others will have to work for a long time. I know people who scrimped and saved and only got epic flight at the end of BC, I know people who scrimped and saved and got the traveler's tundra at the end of wrath, I know people who scrimped and saved and only got the yak at the end of MoP. It's the same with the spider. WoD created MASSIVE gold inflation, more than any other expansion.

You want the spider mount, good for you. You now have a reason to earn gold. Gold will once again become something of value, something highly sought after, after WoD made it nigh useless.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I don't see why anyone would buy the spider mount. Two million can get you a spectral tiger, which is much more awesome.

What's really funny is that the devs don't care about inflation. Watcher said the 2mil mount was not intended to be a real gold-sink. And grey L110 items in the alpha sell for as much as 113g.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I don't see why anyone would buy the spider mount. Two million can get you a spectral tiger, which is much more awesome.
    On US they're a lot more common than this spider would be, so it's a question of exclusivity (and that tiger looks sooo dated at this point), on EU the tiger generally goes for 50%~ more than this. Sure you can get it for 2m, but generally that's getting a good sale.
    @Schizoide there has to be some inflation for those who didn't play WoD to be able to take part in the economy - and it's obviously not as much of a gold sink as 10m items on the BMAH.

I'm really interested to see how much the items that already surprise me such as invincible capping 1m go for in legion, personally. Can people really drop 10m on something like invincible?
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-05-10 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @Schizoide there has to be some inflation for those who didn't play WoD to be able to take part in the economy - and it's obviously not as much of a gold sink as 10m items on the BMAH.
    There doesn't, actually, if they add massive goldsinks.

Its not a cash grab by blizzard, its how they are combating the ultra rich vs poor problem in the game. Lets just remember you don't NEED a spider mount, it is a pure luxury mount, you can get another mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There doesn't, actually, if they add massive goldsinks.
    massive gold sinks take time to actually work and there's lots of gold people have who have many different interests. Some compromise has to be done so that when everyone who played even 1 character for part of wod now sits at 50k+ as standard others can get to some fraction of the same level.

They don't need to equal, but they need to be able to take part in the economy until gold sinks/lack of income kicks in for those with a lot more gold.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    That price is ridiculous, even for those of us with full cash reserves.

- - - Updated - - -

Gold sinks are one thing, but 2 million for a mount? That's insanity.

Spectral tigers are less than half of that.

Bad move, I know a lot of people were looking forward to this mount.
    Spectral tiger sells for almost twice the price of that stupid spider on EU.. 2 million is nothing.

massive gold sinks take time to actually work
    Not necessarily. And you don't need to remove all the gold from the economy, just as much as possible.

For example, my suggestion is to create a vendor that sells very three cool, unique looking, bind-on-use mounts for 999,000 gold apiece and three bind-on-pickup color-variants of the same mounts for 100,000 gold apiece, then tell players that the mount vendor will be removed from the game on July 1.

People with "normal" amounts of gold will immediately buy the three 100k mounts, removing a large amount of their accumulated wealth from the economy.

People who borderline-exploited garrisons for gold like me, making many millions of gold, will also buy the three 100k mounts and then spend all their remaining gold on the 1 million gold mounts, because as they're being removed from the game, their value is sure to appreciate in the future. So the really rich players would remove all their gold from the economy too.

I believe this is the best way to outright fix gold inflation in WoW. Embracing inflation, as the devs are doing, is extremely foolhardy.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Its not a cash grab by blizzard, its how they are combating the ultra rich vs poor problem in the game. Lets just remember you don't NEED a spider mount, it is a pure luxury mount, you can get another mount.
    Oh it's a cashgrab alright. Happen to forget that Blizz purchased Candycrush? Let's rewind further. Devs used to poke fun at players being "packrats", collectors, and never had any empty bank space due to redundant items. Why are there 5000+ non-combat pets in the game and 500+ mounts? It's because the bulk of player base are collectors. Did we ever need 30,000 achievement points in the game? All this stuff is what OCD player must have checked off.

Don't believe me? People on forums have been posting a lot lately in preparation of Wardrobe Transmog system. Going out of there way to plan ahead on checking off absolutely useless items .. because it's there.

This new system they are disguising is not about Gold Inflation or just a simple money sink to balance gold. It's Candycrush stimulating "I MUST BUY WOW TOKENS TO FUND THIS HABIT". And this is loooong past freemium microtransactions on mobile. 2 million gold !? Thats $80 worth of WoW Tokens. Anybody, even collectors would see $80 on Blizzard Store and say hell no. How often do you see people use that stupid fire deathcharger mount that is like $40. Never.

But ... this is different.. It's in game. Staring at people's faces. Just like TCG items. It's in game not on a store, I must check it off the OCD collector's box.

1 million gold for junk toys that have 3 second novelty proc? $40!

Don't be blind people. It's Carrot-On-A-Stick back again to lure people to buy WoW tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenry View Post
    Oh it's a cashgrab alright. Happen to forget that Blizz purchased Candycrush? Let's rewind further. Devs used to poke fun at players being "packrats", collectors, and never had any empty bank space due to redundant items. Why are there 5000+ non-combat pets in the game and 500+ mounts? It's because the bulk of player base are collectors. Did we ever need 30,000 achievement points in the game? All this stuff is what OCD player must have checked off.

Don't believe me? People on forums have been posting a lot lately in preparation of Wardrobe Transmog system. Going out of there way to plan ahead on checking off absolutely useless items .. because it's there.

This new system they are disguising is not about Gold Inflation or just a simple money sink to balance gold. It's Candycrush stimulating "I MUST BUY WOW TOKENS TO FUND THIS HABIT". And this is loooong past freemium microtransactions on mobile. 2 million gold !? Thats $80 worth of WoW Tokens. Anybody, even collectors would see $80 on Blizzard Store and say hell no. How often do you see people use that stupid fire deathcharger mount that is like $40. Never.

But ... this is different.. It's in game. Staring at people's faces. Just like TCG items. It's in game not on a store, I must check it off the OCD collector's box.

1 million gold for junk toys that have 3 second novelty proc? $40!

Don't be blind people. It's Carrot-On-A-Stick back again to lure people to buy WoW tokens.
    Someone posted it would take roughly $900 in U.S. currency to buy enough tokens to afford this starting at zero. I doubt there are many people that will pay that much for a mount, though I am sure there probably are. It's a vanity item that some people will have and some won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Someone posted it would take roughly $900 in U.S. currency to buy enough tokens to afford this starting at zero. I doubt there are many people that will pay that much for a mount, though I am sure there probably are. It's a vanity item that some people will have and some won't.
    oooh my gosh.. You are totally right! I couldn't even fathom 2 million gold and was thinking 200k gold.. People will flip their SH$$T when youtubers start bringing up that $900 price !!!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Keep fooling yourself buddy.
    Look buddy, IMO you made a pretty asinine comment and I explained why. Maybe try backing up your opinion with some kind of logical argument instead of resorting to cheap ad hominem. Oh right, you can't, because the fact is you have no argument....

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Can I pvp my way to that mount? No? yeah.... idiot strawman argument #237648364552845 defending the slow creep of pay to win into the game
    No but if playing the AH is your favorite thing in WoW why should you not have a mount? Maybe you hate PvP?

If you don't like making money then there are other mounts you can get. Something you'll learn about life soon enough is that you can't just get everything for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Not necessarily. And you don't need to remove all the gold from the economy, just as much as possible.

For example, my suggestion is to create a vendor that sells very three cool, unique looking, bind-on-use mounts for 999,000 gold apiece and three bind-on-pickup color-variants of the same mounts for 100,000 gold apiece, then tell players that the mount vendor will be removed from the game on July 1.

People with "normal" amounts of gold will immediately buy the three 100k mounts, removing a large amount of their accumulated wealth from the economy.

People who borderline-exploited garrisons for gold like me, making many millions of gold, will also buy the three 100k mounts and then spend all their remaining gold on the 1 million gold mounts, because as they're being removed from the game, their value is sure to appreciate in the future. So the really rich players would remove all their gold from the economy too.

I believe this is the best way to outright fix gold inflation in WoW. Embracing inflation, as the devs are doing, is extremely foolhardy.
    Except every expansion brings inflation and is meant to. There will be SOME inflation. I also have no idea how you intend your idea to work when people bid gold cap on multiple items per realm per day, across dozens of realms. You then have many of the raider variety who honestly aren't interested in a mount they believe 'anyone' can get - and will save their multimillions for other things. Even then, it seems like a massive underestimation of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    do you have every gladiator mount? i have none, why because a mount is on a vendor are you instantly entitled to it? there will be nearly 400 mounts in the game with the addition of legion why because 1 is ultra expensive are you crying that it's a cash grab?

- - - Updated - - -

and? swift spectral tigers on EU are running around 2-3million already, why don't you get angry at those? call those a token scam cash grab.
    You... I like you!

Except every expansion brings inflation and is meant to. There will be SOME inflation. I also have no idea how you intend your idea to work when people bid gold cap on multiple items per realm per day, across dozens of realms. You then have many of the raider variety who honestly aren't interested in a mount they believe 'anyone' can get - and will save their multimillions for other things. Even then, it seems like a massive underestimation of the problem.
    Not really.

Any/all gold spent at a vendor is aiding in the deflation process. What Schizoide's concept, that of having a mount vendor whose products are only available for an extremely limited timeframe, would do is allow players to spend some amount of gold (ex. 100,000g) with the expectation that because the mounts will eventually become completely unavailable their value will simply increase over time and they will be able to sell it for more than they bought it.

Which is fine, because even though they're going to make 100,000g-250,000g from the sale of this item to another player it still took 100,000g out of the overall economy when they initially purchased it -- and every gold that leaves the economy, theoretically, increases the purchasing power of every single remaining gold still in the economy.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2016-05-11 at 10:37 AM.

Every vendor takes money out of the economy, but a totally optional sink is never going to correctly adjust for what people made in wod - and what returning players missed. His idea doesn't change even the casual 1 max level people having 50k~ regions now due to the garrison feeding them every week, compared to the sub 10k pre-wod. This is a massive rift.

Every vendor takes money out of the economy, but a totally optional sink is never going to correctly adjust for what people made in wod - and what returning players missed. His idea doesn't change even the casual 1 max level people having 50k~ regions now due to the garrison feeding them every week, compared to the sub 10k pre-wod. This is a massive rift.
    You're missing the point.

In his model they're not buying the mount for it's looks, or to aesthetically please their own tastes; it's purely an investment. I think the Crimson Deathcharger is pretty bland, but when I saw three of them on the AH for 10k while another dozen or so were up there for 30k, I snagged them instantly. Why? Because the return on my investment seemed entirely worth it.

The problem is, what I did only took 15% of what I spent out of the economy.
    His method would take 100% of what I spent out of the economy, making it a little more than 6 times more effective a deflation mechanism.

Edit: There is no such thing as a "fair" way to "fix" a wage gap, no matter what Bernie Sanders might have some of you folks believing. The only thing you can do is provide for a balanced economy and maintain the highest purchasing power of a single dollar possible; seemingly, the in-house economy folks at Blizzard are learning how to crunch numbers from either Liberals or Neo-Cons and, unsurprisingly, the fabric of their in-game economy is suffering as a result.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2016-05-11 at 10:45 AM.