Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Transmog is 75% of the reason I play. I would absolutely quit without it. Farming and crafting different looks for my characters is way more fun for me than any other aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like transmog. I like the thought of going back to older content for gear and weapons I can use for my transmog. With that said, I also liked the pre-transmog days of seeing a character's progress on their character and I enjoyed inspecting people with cool gear to see which stats and set bonuses it gave.

Transmog or not, either is fine. But if I had to choose I'd go with no transmog for the RPG aspect of being able to see a character's progress by looking at the gear they wear. Or I'd go with higher transmog costs or tokens/resources you'd need to collect in order to transmog so that seeing someone with transmogged gear is actually special.

At this point in the game though it would only anger the majority of the player if blizzard took away transmogging. It'd be like giving a kid a new toy and taking it away months after while he's still playing with it for the sake of integrity..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    There are no downsides to having Transmog. It is amazing and you should feel bad for insulting it. I just hope you didn't hurt its feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Nope i need to be special in whatever im doing... not just video game, but ALSO in video game. If you are not puting out 110% whatever you are doing with proper passion, then you are doing it wrong. But thats me. And yeh by my own admission im playing wow "wrong", because i dont have proper passion for it and this is coming from a guy with 37 lvl100s, im still giving 110% in some aspects but without passion everything is pointless. But hey! im geting 50-60k gold/day from f mission tables! yey me (/sarcasm)! i should be rewarded for this crap right? _hate_ this play style, all superficial without any real "content" and nothing tangible and transmog is (only) part of it.
    You sure aren't putting 110% into your grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    You sure aren't putting 110% into your grammar.
    Why would i? This is internet forum, not my english essay, i put 110% in my english essay and i usually "aced" it, here i dont need to or want to care about (proper) grammar and spelling.
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-05-11 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    And you're totally not overexagerating stuff.
    Nice Ad Homien care to say where I am wrong with anything I pointed out?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP clearly didn't play the game when you looked like a fucking clown 99% of the game.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Why do you think that something being immediately visible and entirely understandable in the context of the game world is unchanged when you slam it all into a bunch of UI panels instead?

Transmog makes the game significantly less immersive and it does harm the community cohesion in a ton of different ways.

It's fair enough to suggest that that's a tradeoff that has some merit, but to completely dismiss the negative consequences of transmog strikes me as very silly.
    Transmog makes the game significantly MORE immersive (self expression, class fantasy, character concept) and it does HELP the community cohesion in a ton of different ways (everyone not wearing the same gear that happens to be the latest expansion theme, players having the opportunity to express their personalities, conversation starters, groups forming specifically to farm transmog gear...)

It's fair enough to say you don't like it, but to ignore all the ways it has made the game better strikes me as very silly.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Why would i? This is internet forum, not my english essay, i put 110% in my english essay and i usually "aced" it, here i dont need to or want to care about (proper) grammar and spelling.
    Hey, you're the one that said:

If you are not puting out 110% whatever you are doing with proper passion, then you are doing it wrong. But thats me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You're wrong.
    Well, that was a constructive feedback! I bet the OP was very interested about it.

Deleted
    Transmog is, in my opinion, the best thing to have come out of the Cataclysm era. I cannot even fathom playing the game without it now. Most of the folks in this thread have already given reasons why it's such a great feature, so I won't repeat them. But, honestly... how is more choice a bad thing? Transmog is an entirely optional feature of the game and has no impact on gameplay beyond aesthetics. Let it stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Hey, you're the one that said:
    Lets stop nit picking. Because with this forum posts im not trying to do anything really, not start any crusade or something like that, they are just that... forum posts, my opinons what i liked about WoW and what i dont, nothing more nothing less, by doing something i mean real life work, hobbies, relationships, education... You know bigger and better things, then silly forum posts.

You know what they say? How you know on internet you won an argument?

When they start to insult you grammar and spelling

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Transmog makes the game significantly MORE immersive (self expression, class fantasy, character concept) and it does HELP the community cohesion in a ton of different ways (everyone not wearing the same gear that happens to be the latest expansion theme, players having the opportunity to express their personalities, conversation starters, groups forming specifically to farm transmog gear...)

It's fair enough to say you don't like it, but to ignore all the ways it has made the game better strikes me as very silly.
    I didn't ignore those things. You just skipped a tons of my posts and found one where I didn't mention any of it because I was replying to someone who was replying to me by explicitly denying the harm of it. You then try to use my language against me by taking that post out of context to make you sound smart.

You don't.

Lets stop nit picking. Because with this forum posts im not trying to do anything really, not start any crusade or something like that, they are just that... forum posts, my opinons what i liked about WoW and what i dont, nothing more nothing less, by doing something i mean real life work, hobbies, relationships, education... You know bigger and better things, then silly forum posts.

You know what they say? How you know on internet you won an argument?

When they start to insult you grammar and spelling
    Considering I haven't taken a side in the argument at hand and was just pointing out the self-serving hypocrisy of your post, you should probably find another straw to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Au contraire. Transmog removed that problem. From Wrath to very recently, most leveling players did indeed look the same, cause they were wearing heirlooms. Then Transmog came, but it made heirlooms soulbound, so that made most people not mog their heirlooms.

Since the relatively recent heirloom change, you can now transmog your heirlooms to your heart's content. I do like the oldschool leveling thing where you wear the gear that you get, so I transmog my heirlooms with the gear I get while leveling. If it looks somewhat cool. Cause I have choice!
    That's actually a pretty cool idea, but it still adds several layers of complexity to what should be something very natural:

1) I get rewards
    2) I use it
    3) It makes me look different
    4) It makes my character play different

But nevertheless I appreciate what you're trying to dig up there.

But just... heirlooms in general. Ugh. Different topic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    OP clearly didn't play the game when you looked like a fucking clown 99% of the game.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    To the second portion, yes. However for my first quality of life change I want, Blizzard still has not implemented that. Transmogrification only applies to specific gear pieces, so replacing your helm, for example, means that your Tier 2 Judgement look is now replaced with the Legion blue questing helm.
    Ah yeah, it'd be nice if it would remember your decision, but maybe they'll add that in a future patch

Quote Originally Posted by Betongjocke View Post
    I'm talking about the majority using transmogs because they are actually not proud of what gear they would show off otherwise. Does that make any sense ? Yes i understand that you like that part. But in the past WoW it was never a part of the game, and recently there is a huge debate about legacy server / pristine realms , and i do not think transmog will be a part of that. And trust me it will be a very large portion of players supporting that maintaining the old WoW is what made the game great from the very beginning
    Sounds like your problem is that people in current content that aren't wearing 'top gear' don't look like scrubs so you can judge them by sight.

Sure in Vanilla I could walk around in full Nemesis/Doomcaller - but in the intermission as I geared up into a new raid when I had the colour palette of a half digested pizza thrown up after a big night out it didn't look all that 'impressive'.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I'm not sure but it sure sounds like you've been listening to Sodapoppin's rants regarding his nostalgia. I'm assuming so based on how you liked it and the timing for your change of mind, legacy servers are like the "meta" in most WoW community conversations. Anyway, I'm aware that even if this was the case, maybe it just helped you realize something that you hadn't thought before.

Now, about this transmog thing. I loved the feeling of identifying items through a character's appearance. I remember extremely well my "legacy" times when, as a PvP player, I'd judge if I should engage or run like a butterfly based on their gear rather than stats alone. Back then judging people by HP alone wasn't a fair way to identify how dangerous the target was, but that sure is something that works now. Keep in mind that I'm not saying that it decided if you were gonna win or not, I'm saying it had could affect your decisions.

With this said, I LOVE transmog. I'm one of those who wants this feature to stay and I'm glad that they are improving it in Legion, I bought the 120k gold Yak mount solely for transmog so I can change it whenever and wherever I want, nothing else, I already had plenty of multi-seat mounts with and without vendors so this wasn't the reason.
    The thing is, I sometimes feel like showing off my gear so I either remove my transmog or I make one around the items that I want to show off. A good example would the transmog items from Archimonde (HFC) and the Dark Shamans (SoO), those bosses dropped items that were really good to use, good looking and quite unique, so transmog HELPED me show off those items. I don't really need to show off my BiS boots or pants if they are kinda boring, so I can use the transmog feature to focus my appearance around what I want to show.

I understand those who want it removed, even though I think most of them are using contradictory or simply invalid arguments to defend their opinion.
    I understand those who want it to stay, here's harder to find invalid arguments because the most common one is "you can always not use it" and this is likely the most valid argument in this entire discussion.
    My point kinda takes both into consideration and puts them together, I want to show off a specific item so I use the transmog system in some slots to strengthen its visual impact.

Also, mounts. There are so many cool mounts nowadays, I made a "white wolf" transmog back in MoP that became a lot cooler with the addition of some items in WoD but the icing on the cake was the Dustmane Direwolf from Leatherworking 300 skill. I happily sacrificed one of my professions just to get this mount, I haven't found anyone else in-game with the same transmog so I feel quite unique. I might not be showing off my great mythic gear or my pvp elite gear, but I sure had A LOT of whispers from other players asking me about my transmog and making me feel great for using it.

TL;DR: Transmogs can be an addition if you really want to show off a single item, as you can build an entire appearance around it. There are a lot of things that can define your transmog other than equipment itself, like mounts. I don't think everyone should be forced to show off their "progress" even if it is a great one, options are great.

Examples of why I like transmog:

My rogue wants to look like a rogue, not a noble. In my mind, that means looking like he could blend in on the rough side of town. He still sports his Cata blues rather than the epic gear he needs to do current content.

I hate poofy shoulders on hunters! I can't imagine how you'd use a bow that way! Or have peripheral vision to even keep track of potential targets! My hunter uses the Beastsoul set he stumbled across while leveling in Vashj'ir. The shoulders are armored but low profile. The whole set looks grittier and more realistic than most mail. Looks like something you could wear for sneaking around the woods rather than dress up for court.

My Night Elf DK has two looks he switches between, one for each spec. He came home from Northrend after defeating the Lich King wearing the blue Scourgelord Battlegear (which he still uses as Frost), but then joined the war to save Hyjal from Ragnaros. The fiery red Elementium Deathplate Battlegear became his choice for blood tanking. I especially love the refined look of the latter; it strikes me as elvish in design.

Some of the complaints about transmog are saying it keeps you from knowing as much about a character. I feel like my transmog tells you more about me than just wearing the latest epics ever would.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"