Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That looks quite nice to me, I'd change the pants and gloves, a tabard and a shirt could fix the chest but it is not that bad imo. I've looked much worse back then and it was quite fun! I'm glad transmog is here to help us fix those small visual mistakes tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I didn't ignore those things. You just skipped a tons of my posts and found one where I didn't mention any of it because I was replying to someone who was replying to me by explicitly denying the harm of it. You then try to use my language against me by taking that post out of context to make you sound smart.

You don't.
    Actually I was just disagreeing with the points you made in the post I happened to see. I did not go back and read all 600 posts in this thread. And probably never will.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenpt View Post
    That looks quite nice to me, I'd change the pants and gloves, a tabard and a shirt could fix the chest but it is not that bad imo. I've looked much worse back then and it was quite fun!
    You can't change gear without gimping your stats without transmog. That screenshot is from back then.
    Here another from vanilla WoW 2005 where my mage looked "special":

This comic made fun of that:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Some of the complaints about transmog are saying it keeps you from knowing as much about a character. I feel like my transmog tells you more about me than just wearing the latest epics ever would.
    Exactly, most arguments dance around the "you don't have the feeling of how good the other guys is" line but that is part of the fun too.

Knowing that he had an item hard to obtain could tell you that he was better than you but that wasn't a fact, it was a possibility. Finding someone with an unique and possibly cool looking transmog can tell you more about his dedication and preferences.

An example could be a of a player using an item bought from the Conquest vendor (arena gear), lets say a weapon or shoulders, and using the transmog system to build a cool looking appearance around one specific item. You would recognize he had the PvP item, but you could look at his HP and know as much. Itemization is too linear now so the lack of transmog wouldn't change much at all when it comes to the "feeling of power".

Maybe in PvE people always use transmog but I'd guess that recount data from damage done/dps/damage taken/uptime buffs/etc would tell more about him than his Mythic gear. I find a lot of players running with no transmog in PvP and that doesn't mean they are about to beat me or my team, it'd be the same if they were using a cool looking transmog, so it's fine either way.

I don't use transmog - I prefer to look naturally, even if my natural appearance is ugly (cuz Blizzard refuse to make shared sets, that suit all classes, that can equip them, for example - everything should be Huntard gear).

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I'm tired of these threads. If you think the game would be better off without transmog you are a dumb, period.

People 'back when' didn't look like shining knights with a matching set of bloodfang.

BiS was usually a hodgepodge of item looks and we all looked like fucking clowns.

Please please gtfo with your trite nonsense.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2016-05-11 at 09:07 AM.

I couldn't care less what other players are wearing, so there is literally no downside to transmog for me. I want to feel good about my character appearance when I play and not look like a color blind clown.

Having top gear and showing it is all wonderful until that Ferrari performance is packaged inside a station wagon appearance. That's why transmog is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You can't change gear without gimping your stats without transmog. That screenshot is from back then.
    I know, that's why I said I was glad transmog was a thing, because you couldn't do what you can do now which is fix the mistakes in your appearance, or simply make a new one. Although I did use some items that were worse than others I could equip just because I was ok to sacrifice some stats for a better appearance.

Back then you couldn't do much about your appearance during activity (like pvp or pve content) but you could always equip cool looking gear while running around the city, stats weren't all that important in some situations, I'd go as far as to say that appearance didn't matter when your skill did.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Chromeshellking; 2016-05-11 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Image not working.

Deleted
    If we could transmog in in any of the pre transmog era. WE WOULD HAV DONE IT!. (i so loved swtor's item setup and wished that on wow att)

Only times we would take on our relaxed/rpg items on was when we where in citys or at camp fires. (thank god for wardrobe addon \0/)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I'm tired of these threads. If you think the game would be better off without transmog you are a dumb, period.

People 'back when' didn't look like shining knights with a matching set of bloodfang.

BiS was usually a hodgepodge of item looks and we all looked like fucking clowns.

Please please gtfo with your trite nonsense.
    You are partially correct, most good players had a rainbow-like appearance but BiS more often than not included a complete 8 piece set, later 5 piece sets but with misc gear with looks that fit the set, except T6 which had 3 pieces added with 2.4 (I think) and became an 8 piece set.

I think the reason that makes you partially correct instead of completely wrong is the difficulty to get the BiS items. It wasn't as easy as it is now so it looked like the best gear was a rainbow rather than a more complete pre-defined look. Since most players couldn't get the correct items the rainbow theme became the standard, but it sure as hell wasn't a fact. Well-geared players looked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenpt View Post
    You are partially correct, most good players had a rainbow-like appearance but BiS more often than not included a complete 8 piece set, later 5 piece sets but with misc gear with looks that fit the set, except T6 which had 3 pieces added with 2.4 (I think) and became an 8 piece set.

I think the reason that makes you partially correct instead of completely wrong is the difficulty to get the BiS items. It wasn't as easy as it is now so it looked like the best gear was a rainbow rather than a more complete pre-defined look. Since most players couldn't get the correct items the rainbow theme became the standard, but it sure as hell wasn't a fact. Well-geared players looked fine.
    I shouldn't have said BiS, I should have said "best that you could get" the point is the same, most of a raiding team looked clownish.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2016-05-11 at 09:29 AM.

You do realize you have to GET the gear to transmog right? So you can't transmog your gear to a higher level then what you have. Not to mention removing customization like that just so someone's fragile epeen get's stroked is pure idiocy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only care about peoples opinions about having transmog in the game, and what downsides it have had on the game. And how could the future game be without it.
    It has no downsides, end of story and topic.

Everyone want to lool like they accomplished something. No one wants to look like a casual. This is why 9/10 will tell you, OP, that transmog is such a great feature that has to stay. Because it adds so much to the game. You have to OBTAIN the gear to look badass. And we all know killing old raid bosses is as difficult as killing curret ones.

*Flamesuit on*

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Considering I haven't taken a side in the argument at hand and was just pointing out the self-serving hypocrisy of your post, you should probably find another straw to grasp.
    Now who is grasping at straws... so funny "Im not taking any side in the argument, however i am here to insult others that do and derail conversation". By your own admission, you are not here to have opinon on the issue, but here to nit pick about what other say on this issue? How sad is that? Self serving hypocrisy back at you!

edit: and for sake of an argument, ill stop replaying to you and give you last word! because im a grater man ;P
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-05-11 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    i just want transmog to be like in swtor, where you can look like you wear a red robe but your actual item is the color brown but you/people cant see that

Transmog made gear seem even more meaningless, all gear is now is Item level. When you had trash gear you wanted to go and change how that looks by getting better gear, now theres no point in going to get gear in the new content because the old content gear probably looks better. Tier gear made you feel like a soldier of that class when you knew every other class had the same gear. Another example of how retail WoW is not an MMO anymore, everyone is a special snowflake and not just some small time in a much bigger world.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    Nice Ad Homien care to say where I am wrong with anything I pointed out?
    "Hell even tavern brawls have more lore than the entirety of wow now."

Yeah, totally not overexagerating. And no, an ad hominem is calling you stupid. I just call you out on your bullshit.

The fun fact remains that even with transmog, people STILL look like a bunch of clowns.
    1. seeing paladins with the full tier 6 for example (instead of tier 6 and the non set boots, bracers and belt from BT/MH)
    2. seeing people who think purple is blue (and have a purp chest and a blue cloak, thinking it matches - no they do think that I asked them)
    3. seeing people with light red and some pink...

You just have to go to the transmog section on these boards. (class sections I think) And check it out. It is silly how proud people are about the look of their character and how insanely ugly it is. But I guess it is not up to me what they find enjoyable. And quite right. As long as they find it fun to collect and wear.

But do not come to me telling me that people these days do not look like clowns, because they do and quite deliberately so it seems.