Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    The fun fact remains that even with transmog, people STILL look like a bunch of clowns.
    1. seeing paladins with the full tier 6 for example (instead of tier 6 and the non set boots, bracers and belt from BT/MH)
    2. seeing people who think purple is blue (and have a purp chest and a blue cloak, thinking it matches - no they do think that I asked them)
    3. seeing people with light red and some pink...

You just have to go to the transmog section on these boards. (class sections I think) And check it out. It is silly how proud people are about the look of their character and how insanely ugly it is. But I guess it is not up to me what they find enjoyable. And quite right. As long as they find it fun to collect and wear.

But do not come to me telling me that people these days do not look like clowns, because they do and quite deliberately so it seems.
    Totally subjective.

They choose theirs sets and theirs appearance. MORE option is always good. But yeah, let the point fly over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Totally subjective.

They choose theirs sets and theirs appearance. MORE option is always good. But yeah, let the point fly over your head.
    Fly over my head? Did you read what I said? You even quoted me where I stated that this was in fact my opinion and that it is their right to dress whatever the way they find pleasing. How can you then write what you wrote?

It is like I would say: look at my picture, I am one damn ugly son of a bitch
    And then you would say: Hahaha damn you are one ugly son of a bitch
    No shit I just said so....!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577 View Post
    Transmog made gear seem even more meaningless, all gear is now is Item level. When you had trash gear you wanted to go and change how that looks by getting better gear, now theres no point in going to get gear in the new content because the old content gear probably looks better. Tier gear made you feel like a soldier of that class when you knew every other class had the same gear. Another example of how retail WoW is not an MMO anymore, everyone is a special snowflake and not just some small time in a much bigger world.
    Yes, getting new gear is pointless because transmog.

/slowclap

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    That's actually a pretty cool idea, but it still adds several layers of complexity to what should be something very natural:

1) I get rewards
    2) I use it
    3) It makes me look different
    4) It makes my character play different

But nevertheless I appreciate what you're trying to dig up there.

But just... heirlooms in general. Ugh. Different topic though.

I agree, and I don't mind leveling without heirlooms either. As you can see, I got a lot of different characters, and I've started up about half of them on 2 different realms from my original one (cause I wanted to try RP realms, and it turned out I really like it). I leveled most of those without heirlooms, and didn't mind at all. It's just that when I do have the option to use them, I usually do, because I do have so many characters (and even more planned), and I only have limited time to play, about 1-2 hours per day at max. So heirlooms are alright for me, and I just love that we can safely transmog them now. Cause I was getting REALLY tired of their looks.

Fly over my head? Did you read what I said? You even quoted me where I stated that this was in fact my opinion and that it is their right to dress whatever the way they find pleasing. How can you then write what you wrote?

It is like I would say: look at my picture, I am one damn ugly son of a bitch
    And then you would say: Hahaha damn you are one ugly son of a bitch
    No shit I just said so....!
    The main transmog threads in the achievement section on the forums here. Check out my 2nd link in my sig, Super paladin rip off DK

15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot think of any legitimate reason to ever remove transmorg. Not one.

Even the contentious removal of Reforging had some purpose, IE: it was tedious to keep having to reoptimise your gear via an addon every time you got a new item.

Transmorg is a much requested, and much loved feature and to want that taken away so it's marginally easier for you to compare your epenis to another player is stupid.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I cannot think of any legitimate reason to ever remove transmorg. Not one.
    You can. You just don't want to. Because you already made up your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    I agree people just don't want to see any negatives or never experienced any negatives or do not care about the negatives. But the fact remains that for some people there are clear negatives. Putting your head in the sand won't make them go away or not be there for some people.

That said, I don't want transmog to be removed either.
    But it is clear to me that Blizzard feels Transmog = content. And therefore can "safely" not make as much content as before transmog. People will keep busy with it anyway.

Ofcourse what I wrote above isn't 100% true. There are many other factors in play here too. But I cannot stop thinking about it.
    I mean LFR came into the picture and thus they made dungeons dead after a months so they could funnel everyone into LFR. As a result they made less dungeons and god knows what else they made less of.
    Transmog came into the picture and a lot of people hunt transmog instead of doing current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The main transmog threads in the achievement section on the forums here. Check out my 2nd link in my sig, Super paladin rip off DK
    Hey Khall! I like the set. I don't like the sword and the shoulders (I don't find that sword a nice looking sword, but that doesn't mean that it is horrid for the set). The lighting on the picture does seem to make the set match but unsure wether that is in game too. (grey gold vs lightbrownish/yellow gold) I wish I had that cloak though.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elorian/simple

This was what I last wore, been unsubbed for quite some time now. But obviously the crown on my head doesn't match. I didn't find anything I liked better at the time. Don't know why the belt isn't showing. The sword doesn't match either. Red does not equal purple ^^ but I love the sword
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2016-05-11 at 11:25 AM.

Deleted
    But it is clear to me that Blizzard feels Transmog = content. And therefore can "safely" not make as much content as before transmog. People will keep busy with it anyway.
    How is that clear? Cata had relatively little (endgame) content, and no mog until the last tier. Then MoP had fucktons of content, probably the most new features out of any expansion, while having mog from day one. Then WoD, which had shit for content. Now Legion is shaping up to have significantly more than WoD because they realise they've dropped the ball.

Where's the correlation then?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    So we need to find arguments for you? Fuck no. There is no reason.

I agree people just don't want to see any negatives or never experienced any negatives or do not care about the negatives. But the fact remains that for some people there are clear negatives. Putting your head in the sand won't make them go away or not be there for some people.

That said, I don't want transmog to be removed either.

Ofcourse what I wrote above isn't 100% true. There are many other factors in play here too. But I cannot stop thinking about it.
    I mean LFR came into the picture and thus they made dungeons dead after a months so they could funnel everyone into LFR. As a result they made less dungeons and god knows what else they made less of.
    Transmog came into the picture and a lot of people hunt transmog instead of doing current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Khall! I like the set. I don't like the sword and the shoulders (I don't find that sword a nice looking sword, but that doesn't mean that it is horrid for the set). The lighting on the picture does seem to make the set match but unsure wether that is in game too. (grey gold vs lightbrownish/yellow gold) I wish I had that cloak though.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elorian/simple

The link here has kinda
    This was what I last wore, been unsubbed for quite some time now. But obviously the crown on my head doesn't match. I didn't find anything I liked better at the time. Don't know why the belt isn't showing. The sword doesn't match either. Red does not equal purple ^^ but I love the sword
    Yeh not too bad, the shoulders and boots I am lacking from highmaul atm. But not too fussed as the ones I have are a close enough match. The shoulders I got from Cata Heroic BWD. I wish I did the sshots in Shrine. The lighting there is so superior to trashcan.

The does match in proper lighting, the only slightly off thing are the boots. But they are the closest I could get to the brackenspore boots. You do need a new sword though it distracts too much from your kit. Do you have access to any of the high marshal shit or admiral taylors sword? I went for the sword I have btw as I actually really like it, that and not many people seem to use it.

Try this link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Khalley/simple has a bit better lighting. My current shoulders i quite like as they are not too massive, got lucky on the belt drop tho .
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2016-05-11 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    How is that clear? Cata had relatively little (endgame) content, and no mog until the last tier. Then MoP had fucktons of content, probably the most new features out of any expansion, while having mog from day one. Then WoD, which had shit for content. Now Legion is shaping up to have significantly more than WoD because they realise they've dropped the ball.
    Where's the correlation then?
    I know I am a minority when I say that MoP from my POV and the things I like doing in WoW, has less content aswell then previous expansions.
    I like dungeons. Dungeons were not plenty in MoP. Dungeons in MoP were also very much shitty and quite forgettable - so easy.
    I did not raid this expansion apart from LFR.
    Apart from that what other fun activities did I have to do?
    Pet battles?
    Brawlers guild?
    Proving grounds?
    PvP?
    All stuff that I don't engage myself with.
    Timeless isle was fun for a week or 2. After that I didn't know why I was there anymore.
    The Isle of Thunder wás something I played for I think maybe 1 or 2 months. This was entertaining me a lot.
    The farm was entertaining but gated.
    The reputations were gated too.
    The professions were nice but gated by daily cooldowns

No sir while I didn't dislike MoP, I personally liked Cataclysm better.

And to me WoD had less enjoyable content yes. But it had more content on paper right? Did you jump through all the hoops in finding that treasure? I did not. There was more content like that.

Deleted
    I know I am a minority when I say that MoP from my POV and the things I like doing in WoW, has less content aswell then previous expansions.
    I like dungeons. Dungeons were not plenty in MoP. Dungeons in MoP were also very much shitty and quite forgettable - so easy.
    I did not raid this expansion apart from LFR.
    Apart from that what other fun activities did I have to do?
    Pet battles?
    Brawlers guild?
    Proving grounds?
    PvP?
    All stuff that I don't engage myself with.
    Timeless isle was fun for a week or 2. After that I didn't know why I was there anymore.
    The Isle of Thunder wás something I played for I think maybe 1 or 2 months. This was entertaining me a lot.
    The farm was entertaining but gated.
    The reputations were gated too.
    The professions were nice but gated by daily cooldowns

No sir while I didn't dislike MoP, I personally liked Cataclysm better.

And to me WoD had less enjoyable content yes. But it had more content on paper right? Did you jump through all the hoops in finding that treasure? I did not. There was more content like that.
    I don't disagree, Cata dungeons were my fav while MoP's were too easy, so if you're an avid dungeoneer I can definitely see how Cata was better for you. No beef.

Otoh I mostly meant the *amount* of content - even you named a whole lot of things that MoP introduced (+CMs, +rares/green fire quest). Even if it missed the mark for you, I think it's a bit of a disservice to Blizz to say that they felt that they can safely make less content. I think the problem is different: it's that Blizz has a tendency for these wide pendulum swings with their expansion design in response to feedback. Cata hc's were "too hard" (according to the loud minority of whiners)? They made them piss easy in MoP. MoP dailies were "too much" (again, according to the complainers)? No dailes, and no meaningful reps in WoD. It's a different issue entirely, it certainly feels like that pendulum is swinging wildly again after WoD, judging by things like M+ and Suramar. We'll see.

But that's a digression ofc. TL;DR is I definitely disagree w/ the notion that transmog has taken anything away from core content or caused content to be dropped. This has nothing to do with mog.

Transmog is the best thing to happen to WoW. breathed eternal life into legacy raids and zones and gave birth to entire sub-communities within WoW. Saying transmog is bad for the game is the stupidest most asinine claim one can make.

Dungeons were not plenty in MoP.
    Well, there were less 5 man dungeon, but there were many scenarios.

Btw, if you don't like and don't play the content it doesn't mean that's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    Well, there were less 5 man dungeon, but there were many scenarios.

Btw, if you don't like and don't play the content it doesn't mean that's not there.
    true and I never said that it was not. But I as a customer was in the past catered towards more. In Vanilla TBC and WOTLK I had a lot of dungeons to do. Even in WOTLK where dungeons were piss easy, atleast there were loads of them to do.
    So I as a customer had more to do in previous expansions. I personally. I thought I did state that
    So instead of adding MORE content, they detracted from other content. Content they made I did not enjoy.

PS: scenarios were crap - but I guess if they made scenarions in WoD, it would be atleast something

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    A simple setting, similar to show helm/cloak, would solve most of this. Show transmogrification.
    No, it does not. The game is multiplayer, not your single player personal sandbox. Other players wasted time and effort creating those transmogs they are using; you have absolutely no right to just diminish that with a setting because you don't like it. You can turn off your helm or your cloak, not helms and cloaks of other players. You can not use transmog if you wish as well, so the "setting" is already there.

Me personally find modern Horde disgusting, because all I see is fucking blood elves everywhere. That ruins muh immersion. I want a setting in my client which turns all blood elves into orcs. Please give.
    (That proposition is equally ridiculous to yours, by the way.)
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

But if you remove transmog, my beautiful Paladin will no longer be the shining beacon for which to compare all other transmogs.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    The game is multiplayer, not your single player personal sandbox.
    I like how you're using the anti-transmog argument as a pro-transmog argument. Pretty sure OP wasn't talking about removing an absurdly popular feature from live realms. Instead talk about it with respect to pristine/legacy realms. In typical mmo-champion fashion it just turned into a circlejerk of "but my character looks cool now", "choice is good", "i dont want to look like a clown" ect.
    Last edited by Pieterman; 2016-05-11 at 01:26 PM.

I guess you could ask any hunter what they think of transmog considering how the Tier 18 set looks for them