75 45.73%
  • Mankrik's wife

83 50.61%
  • I wasn't born yet back then

6 3.66%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Have you seen the Defias messenger? VS Where is Mankrik's wife?

Both very well known questions from pre-Cataclysm content that could be seen in /1 general chat all day, every day.

The Defias messenger was a sought after NPC that patrolled through the length of the Westfall zone and needed as part of the Deadmines pre-quest.
    Mankrik's wife was located somewhere in the Barrens and people had a hard time locating her after being asked to do so by Mankrik himself as part of a quest.

Now, if we put these two against each other and asked ourselves which one gives you a stronger feeling nostalgia, which one would it be?

Deleted
    Defias messenger spawns in the blacksmith building in Moonbrook.

Easy peasy.

Deleted
    Defias messenger, but only because I played alliance. I still knew of Mankrik's wife, even when I didn't have a horde. So defias personally, but Mankrik case maybe was more famous..?

Where's Rexxar?

Now that's one memorable minigame of vanilla.

Deleted
    For myself it's defias messenger, because I played almost exclusively Alliance in Vanilla, BC and most of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Where's Rexxar?

He was in Desolace silly
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Mankriks wife, although I suspect Defias messenger will win out solely due to the alliance lean we had back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Where's Rexxar?

Always sneaking up behind me while I was questing... I think I got killed by him more times in Vanilla than any world PvPer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I was Horde, Mankrik's wife obviously wins this.

But yeah, Rexxar was also a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

Easy peasy.
    Sure he used to spawn at the mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Mankriks wife, although I suspect Defias messenger will win out solely due to the alliance lean we had back then.
    Rexxar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Always sneaking up behind me while I was questing... I think I got killed by him more times in Vanilla than any world PvPer...
    Combining these two you get all the alliance players complaining about the Fel Reavers in Hellfire, not having had the fun of running into Sons of Arugal in Silverpine

Quote Originally Posted by swaggers
    Combining these two you get all the alliance players complaining about the Fel Reavers in Hellfire, not having had the fun of running into Sons of Arugal in Silverpine
    That was a legit scary thing for me. The first time I tried WoW it was on my brother's account where he was leveling an undead rogue. I got to play it a bit and ran around in the forest doing my thing when a Son of Arugal suddenly aggroed and wiped the floor with me. Didn't even know there was such a thing as elites at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    Don't forget about the first thing every low level Chars asking when walking into Stormwind:
    "Where is Osric Strang?"

I played Alliance almost exclusively during Vanilla (got a Horde Warrior to level 52), and I still remember Mankrik's wife more. I'd forgotten about the Defias messenger until it was mentioned here.

15+ Year Old Account
    how about the forsaken emissary ? :3 ... or was it the apothecary emissary? ... he had alot of bodyguards as I remember.

You guys are spelling Mankirk incorrectly.

I played Alliance mostly so I remember the messenger quest like it was yesterday. Although, mankrik's wife was so damn popular that I rolled a horde to actually complete the quest and find his wife. Such good levelling times.

Deleted
    Mankrik. Poor Mankrik.

Btw I met one of the damn Sons of Arugal on the first char first playthrough a few hours into the game ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

Easy peasy.
    He doesn't, he spawns on the road outside the blacksmith

Defias Messenger, I forgot all about that. The good old days.