Thread: Beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    So I'm at work and the launcher here says

http://i.imgur.com/xMYWdEX.png

I'm not sure if it's real since apparently Alpha is going down.. confuse-town

Anyone know?
    It is real.

Haven't gotten in, yet. Really hoping I do this time as the only beta I got an invite for that wasn't at the last possible second (*cougherwatch*) was Hearthstone and those things went out all over the place, all the time.

The one thing I'd like to know is if this wave was all at once or if there's any reason to check my launcher again today.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

If i was in Alpha, does that mean i am also in Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by olly View Post
    If i was in Alpha, does that mean i am also in Beta?
    Yes. You will be in till Legion officially launches. Unless you get banned ofc.

Ok, thank you for the info.

Deleted
    Just checked and the launcher has the option for the beta but I haven't had an e-mail. Do they normally not send e-mails? I might of missed out on previous betas if thats the case !

Does anyone know when the servers will be up? (BST)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Haven't gotten in, yet. Really hoping I do this time as the only beta I got an invite for that wasn't at the last possible second (*cougherwatch*) was Hearthstone and those things went out all over the place, all the time.

The one thing I'd like to know is if this wave was all at once or if there's any reason to check my launcher again today.
    When i startet Playing WoW i got into Cataclysm Beta really early then with MoP i got i almost at the End and with WoD i had Luck to get a Key from an Instant Giveaway at the Start of the Giveaway phase. And in the other Games i got SC Betas and dont even wanted them, Hots in late Alpha and HS before the second reset i think. But the only thing i rly want was Overwatch and i only got that dam two Beta Weekends. So now Blizzard pls give me Legion BETA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Yes. You will be in till Legion officially launches. Unless you get banned ofc.
    Does this mean that If your account is suspended on the live servers, you won't get an access to the closed beta ?

So I got an invite to the WoD beta when that was around, but pretty late into it... Do I have any hope of getting Legion? lol

Deleted
    did anyone get anything in the last hour or so, because what ion said "The current plan is to take the alpha down over the next day, wipe all of the existing characters, send out a large beta invite wave, and then on Thursday at 2 PM PST / 5 PM EST start beta!" probably means that its 1 wave thats gonna be sent out and that fact that people have already gotten it hours before now means the wave must have ended and that no one is getting an inv from now. cuz he said "a large beta invite wave" not waves...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    So I'm at work and the launcher here says

http://i.imgur.com/xMYWdEX.png

I'm not sure if it's real since apparently Alpha is going down.. confuse-town

Anyone know?
    I did not have that option prior.
    Therefore it is real.
    It is just inconsistent in the naming.
    Blizzard do not attempt to update the text or images most of the time, as shown by the client giving me two dates as to when the overwatch beta ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    did anyone get anything in the last hour or so, because what ion said "The current plan is to take the alpha down over the next day, wipe all of the existing characters, send out a large beta invite wave, and then on Thursday at 2 PM PST / 5 PM EST start beta!" probably means that its 1 wave thats gonna be sent out and that fact that people have already gotten it hours before now means the wave must have ended and that no one is getting an inv from now. cuz he said "a large beta invite wave" not waves...
    I don't know when they actually went out.
    And they tend to not be all at once anyway.
    All I know is during the last hour I decided to check the launcher I saw that I had access.

It gives me an opportunity to pre-install, something that is perhaps desirable as the dev update interview did mention that testing is also about stressing the servers when everyone tries to get on at the same time, or are all in the same region.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-11 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had my account since 2. April 2005. Nearly 700 days played across my toons. Only lapsed a sub once. Never gotten any beta for any Blizzard game (I don't count MoP Annual pass). Even the annual pass beta I got in the last wave, despite being one of the first to get the annual pass (within 2 minutes after the announcements on BlizzCon). I expect nothing, yet I hope my 11 years in this game would give me something.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    Are you guys in Europe.. Cause I'm in the USA.. Are they inviting people in the usa
    USA here. So looks like both.

Quote Originally Posted by Neelam View Post
    Just checked and the launcher has the option for the beta but I haven't had an e-mail. Do they normally not send e-mails? I might of missed out on previous betas if thats the case !

Does anyone know when the servers will be up? (BST)
    10pm tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Groukh View Post
    Does this mean that If your account is suspended on the live servers, you won't get an access to the closed beta ?
    I once asked about it via support, but the GM that was talking to me said it doesn't matter. At that time i had new live acc and 1 banned.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    No luck here, shame, there's nothing to do on live atm.

For all those who left "No beta club", enjoy :P

Code:
    http://i.imgur.com/kQSrZ69.png

7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh nope again....annoying as per the normal sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiru View Post
    No luck here, shame, there's nothing to do on live atm.
    Do you have 25825 achievement points? If no, theres alot to do on live

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinirlan View Post
    For all those who left "No beta club", enjoy :P

Code:
    http://i.imgur.com/kQSrZ69.png
    Woop Woop , thanks
    |i7-6700k| |GTX 780 FTW Edition| |16GB Corsair DDR4| |ASUS Z170-A|