Thread: Season 6

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they would just drop the HC-character requirement from season journey, my internet connection is highly unstable and I've already died couple times while trying to complete that objective.. only because connection froze at that moment.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Will they remove Mercy ones when OW is released or?
    No, they are essentially a collector's edition item. It works just like all the other items, including the pennants and pets. You buy, you keep.

And fwiw, the mercy wings look freaking awesome. They match a Sunwuko monk set quite well for the metal bits, but they look rad on anyone.
    BAD WOLF

I use an ascended set dyed white on my barb and it looks amazing!

IRT the compass rose, yeah i hate when any ring rolls likes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    No, they are essentially a collector's edition item. It works just like all the other items, including the pennants and pets. You buy, you keep.
    I prob need to rephrase my question.
    Will they be obtainable once OW is released, seeing it is a "origin preorder" reward?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I prob need to rephrase my question.
    Will they be obtainable once OW is released, seeing it is a "origin preorder" reward?
    I suppose so. They're not a preorder bonus, but an Origins edition perk. IIRC the only pre-order limited thing was the noire Widowmaker skin, the rest is available as the Origins edition is.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Oh well, i caved in and got mercy ones. looks pretty dank.
    http://imgur.com/Fz8EX2k

Oh well, i caved in and got mercy ones. looks pretty dank.
    http://imgur.com/Fz8EX2k
    Yeah. Also you got Overwatch, which from my personal pov of being not a pvp'er nor and fps fan, is fun as hell. Best recommended to play with 5/6 friends

Speaking of OW, open beta is now over so i can get my hands on my WD again. Still only 470-ish para, but managed to master the Zuni set dungeon in the spare time, and now farming keys to run higher GRs. Probably starting to run 60 solo since 55 is really fast (did a couple of run and cleared it with no issues).

Maybe starting to hoard for a better helltooth set and try either gargs or sacrifice build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wish they would just drop the HC-character requirement from season journey, my internet connection is highly unstable and I've already died couple times while trying to complete that objective.. only because connection froze at that moment.
    Well, even with a stable internet connection, it's a completely and utterly pointless requirement to have. It's just a boring couple hours of leveling a completely irrelevant character. Whoopee. What an achievement. What a sign of unrivaled power.

Whoever came up with the idea of adding it to the Guardian level on the journey is a complete moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, even with a stable internet connection, it's a completely and utterly pointless requirement to have. It's just a boring couple hours of leveling a completely irrelevant character. Whoopee. What an achievement. What a sign of unrivaled power.

Whoever came up with the idea of adding it to the Guardian level on the journey is a complete moron.
    I think it's thought as just one of the "perks" for playing HC - you have a free objective in the Guardian tier.

Anyway yes, implementation sucks. It doesn't make people suddendly more committed into playing Diablo, takes 3 hours by playing alone or 15 minutes by boost for a character that's shelved immediately after hitting 70.

I keep mine just for the name and giggles and because i don't have mules and plenty of space.

I think a more fair idea was to tie to HC mode different rewards, but then everyone would just go wild about "having to do the entire journey twice".

IM more annoyed by the fact that you need to mastery a set dungeon. every monk one is a complete shitfest, meanwhile another class/build like nat DH can do it without even looking at the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think it's thought as just one of the "perks" for playing HC - you have a free objective in the Guardian tier.

Anyway yes, implementation sucks. It doesn't make people suddendly more committed into playing Diablo, takes 3 hours by playing alone or 15 minutes by boost for a character that's shelved immediately after hitting 70.

I keep mine just for the name and giggles and because i don't have mules and plenty of space.

I think a more fair idea was to tie to HC mode different rewards, but then everyone would just go wild about "having to do the entire journey twice".
    I only keep 1 HC character at a time. After each season I suicide the oldest one. Just to save character spaces but so I still have one just in case. And I really don't think there should be different seasonal rewards for SC and HC. If they really want 70 HC to be part of it they should just make that a conquest so HC gets a "free" one, because at least you can get enough conquests just by playing one game mode.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Agreed. But I would never bother leveling a HC toon to 70 myself, just wait on the sidelines for a kind soul to boost you in a few minutes. I haven't had a problem yet finding someone through forums and communities, especially later on in the season.

I use the rebirth feature oin by HC barb, and usually level it by myself. ANyway if someone is goign for it these days, add me (EU) and we can do it in a party for teh lulz.

I just found my fun in season play last season. Now i play D3 a lot more, having a blast killing things.
    Then i come here and read how everyone and their mother play TX when i still hang on T7.....and i feel soooooo weak and lousy. XD

Well, to be honest, i mostly play seasons for the goodies, so i guess im fine. Nonetheless, i hope someday i can handle Tx also.
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2016-05-12 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Doubleposting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    I just found my fun in season play last season. Now i play D3 a lot more, having a blast killing things.
    Then i come here and read how everyone and their mother play TX when i still hang on T7.....and i feel soooooo weak and lousy. XD

Well, to be honest, i mostly play seasons for the goodies, so i guess im fine. Nonetheless, i hope someday i can handle Tx also.
    The jump to TX isn't really that big, and will often be something simple like a good/functional build. If you have simply put together a bunch of skills you like, that you appear to have bonusses for on your gear, then yes, T7 could be the limit, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, TX and above often requires you to change how you play, by requiring you to adopt a cookie cutter build.

If you like, you can post your preferred or current build here (or PM me) and you can get advice on what you could change to make that jump. For me, this season, it was getting Focus & restraint that allowed me to get to TX. Once there, I could farm much more loot and exp, and then I got to a point where I had enough paragon and ancients that I could swap to a less efficient but more fun build (going from spectral blades DMO to Firebird Etched sigil twister build). I only typically play to the GR 65 level, because I do not have the time to farm additional keys for GR fishing etc. I don't go into the Caldesann's upgrade game either. I may try this season to push to 75 for the conquest, but then again I may not!

Appreciate the thought but dont waste your time teaching me.

Since i have absolutely no intention to play competitive in any way i figure it out myself our get stuck. Doesn't really matter.

It was just more that i need to vent my amazement, for me the jump feels sooo high. Maybe im just to squishy or something.

Also, i read a few guides allready but then it stops at my luck with the gods of RNG.

So have fun playing and keep killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Not even that, Just had someone in the clan powerlevel a HC char for me in 20 minutes lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Never a waste of time, because there could be simple things to fix, like you are playing a build and using Travellers neck and ring, when you spend all the time moving, and Focus & Restraint would suit much better. I am often amazed and regularly disbelieve people who say things like levelling a HC char in 3 hours, or are clearing level 70+ grifts after only 11 hours in season, like, how on earth they managed to get all the necessary parts to make a functional build! I haven't got a single convection of elements and I'm over 400 paragon. I also have no Furnace, but then I haven't farmed bounties for materials to convert a 2-handed rare hammer.

So yes, it's likely a combination of many little things + time that separate you, me and most other players from the big boys.

Since i have absolutely no intention to play competitive in any way i figure it out myself our get stuck. Doesn't really matter.

It was just more that i need to vent my amazement, for me the jump feels sooo high. Maybe im just to squishy or something.

Also, i read a few guides allready but then it stops at my luck with the gods of RNG.

So have fun playing and keep killing.
    As with most people in your situation, really, it may take exactly one minute to make you play at a sensible higher level. Most of the times is just the wrong build or just wrong stats on gear that look good but in fact isn't.

Any 6pc set can bring you to t10. Literally. Legendary gems do the rest - since you farm t7, you can run rifts and greater rifts to 25/30 easily. You'll find a lot more items.

Something i have found many times, is people keeping doing bounties. They're not as valuable as they look, and especially not in terms of XP/loot in general. They're really needed only for the cache materials to cube that bunch of items you really need and then you're done with them.

Spam thoise rifts my friend, you'll find yourself growing much faster than expected. And if you find it fancy, just add me (EU) and we can run some games together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Never a waste of time, because there could be simple things to fix, like you are playing a build and using Travellers neck and ring, when you spend all the time moving, and Focus & Restraint would suit much better. I am often amazed and regularly disbelieve people who say things like levelling a HC char in 3 hours, or are clearing level 70+ grifts after only 11 hours in season, like, how on earth they managed to get all the necessary parts to make a functional build! I haven't got a single convection of elements and I'm over 400 paragon. I also have no Furnace, but then I haven't farmed bounties for materials to convert a 2-handed rare hammer.

So yes, it's likely a combination of many little things + time that separate you, me and most other players from the big boys.
    Honestly? They do it. It's just a matter of being in a party and optimized strategy. I'm farming GR60 and i can push much more i think with my WD. The point is that you don't really need all the drops to do the season - just the right comp.

Builds on dfans for 896529852695286+ GR are exactly for that - endgame high GR pushing. They are something aiming for, but not needed to complete every step of the season journey.

I'm actually doing it with my personal Zuni variant XD

500+ Paragon, playing Vyr's chantodo wizard solo, have no Furnace as well. /sigh

By the way, really liking Vyr's wizard (solo). After trying absolutely disgusting glass cannony firebird one and freaking energy twister tal rasha, I really enjoy playing Vyr, which has great damage, nice survivability and a good gameplay.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-12 at 02:26 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though