Thread: Beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    If the invites where truly random, then we would see most people getting into a few Betas over the years, on and off. Yet instead it seems people get into all of them, or none. So apparently you can be flagged both 'good' and 'bad' in Blizzard's system. Once you are either, then that is it. You either get invites or you don't, ever.
    Not true, been in every beta for wow since Cata, not in this one...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I got in as well. I checked yesterday and didn't have access, checked this morning and I do. Now if only the beta realms would come back online xD.

I won a key for wod and now I got beta for legion on the first wave
    I'm excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    I got in as well. I checked yesterday and didn't have access, checked this morning and I do. Now if only the beta realms would come back online xD.
    its a good thing they told you exactly what time that would happen at huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummertweak View Post
    beta downloaded. logged in and ........ Servers offline
    So i got a lil excited

Deleted
    10+ years of wow actively playing never have i ever been invited to play in the beta or alpha :'( rip feelings

If the invites where truly random, then we would see most people getting into a few Betas over the years, on and off. Yet instead it seems people get into all of them, or none. So apparently you can be flagged both 'good' and 'bad' in Blizzard's system. Once you are either, then that is it. You either get invites or you don't, ever.
    If that was true, I'd have an invite. I don't.

Deleted
    Totally not. Legion is the only beta i've got so far back in January. Been playing since TBC and i have every Blizzard game.

How do you know if you got in besides checking the launcher. I have many accounts, some of them inactive and I'd like to check them all daily when I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    How do you know if you got in besides checking the launcher. I have many accounts, some of them inactive and I'd like to check them all daily when I'm at work.
    Account page will list Legion as a PTR.

Go into you Battle.net Account Management. If you have any extra WoW accounts (Mine was under WoW4) then click on them and if any of them has PTR: Legion, congrats, you're in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just use the accountmanagement page.

On a side note, are people still getting in or is it over?

Deleted
    No invite for me

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Just use the accountmanagement page.

On a side note, are people still getting in or is it over?
    I'd like to imagine that they are staggering the first wave throughout the day today, so a ton of people aren't popping the 36 gig (mine read 26 gig, hmm) download at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got into MoP and WoD betas at the very start of both, but no invite to Legion as of yet... Makes me sad. I'm still subbed, but I can't stand anymore WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unar View Post
    You have a source for this? I have heard people say this before, but I have not seen any evidence or confirmation of it.
    Yes we have sources because we have people in the raiding forum asking if you required mythic kills early to get an invite but it turns out people that do nothing special, but, get to have a very old subscription that never stopped being renewed often get early invites.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got in.

http://i.imgur.com/Ffq58i8.png

For the record: I was not in Vanilla/BC beta. I was invited to Wrath. I was not in Cata. I was in MoP due to annual pass - I won WoD Beta through Wowhead's contest.

I am NOT SUBBED right now.

It does seem to be random. Noone else in my guild was invited that I know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    I'd like to imagine that they are staggering the first wave throughout the day today, so a ton of people aren't popping the 36 gig (mine read 26 gig, hmm) download at the same time.
    Doesn't matter that much though, since the downloading/uploading is mostly happening on a p2p basis. But I'm trying to remain optimistic as well in still getting invited to the beta :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    That's what they're doing. People are getting in throughout last night and today. Likely ending around their office closing time (maybe)

There's still hope!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.