Thread: Beta invites

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    **Tinfoil hat on** Conspiracy theory, non-active's get priority in the hopes to bring them back to being active **Tinfoil Hat off**
    I don't get why we have to self-censor ourselves with "tinfoil" taunts. It's a very valid possibility. I also got a beta invite in the past when I wasn't playing much. When I did play I got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Doesn't matter that much though, since the downloading/uploading is mostly happening on a p2p basis. But I'm trying to remain optimistic as well in still getting invited to the beta :P
    Well. I'm an asshole in that aspect that I turned off my p2p for it...¬¬

But that aside, I don't think they are done staggering out this wave. Now later tonight, it might start to dwindle a bit and likely (this is my opinion) if people haven't gotten them by tomorrow, then they probably won't until they release a new wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I got in.

http://i.imgur.com/Ffq58i8.png

For the record: I was not in Vanilla/BC beta. I was invited to Wrath. I was not in Cata. I was in MoP due to annual pass - I won WoD Beta through Wowhead's contest.

I am NOT SUBBED right now.

It does seem to be random. Noone else in my guild was invited that I know of.
    Grats and welcome to the Beta club

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I got in.

http://i.imgur.com/Ffq58i8.png

For the record: I was not in Vanilla/BC beta. I was invited to Wrath. I was not in Cata. I was in MoP due to annual pass - I won WoD Beta through Wowhead's contest.

I am NOT SUBBED right now.

It does seem to be random. Noone else in my guild was invited that I know of.
    The fact that it still says alpha gives me some hope. Was in the alpha myself, but no notice of an invite, so I'm not really expecting access.

Deleted
    I wonder if your chances improve if you renew with cash instead of gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    The fact that it still says alpha gives me some hope. Was in the alpha myself, but no notice of an invite, so I'm not really expecting access.
    If you were in the Alpha, you should definitely get in. I think they said they were transitioning everyone over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I wonder if your chances improve if you renew with cash instead of gold.
    No, it random and has nothing to do with how you pay your subscription, I am paid off until 2018 with gold and I got Alpha invite

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of tomorrow i think my F5-Key will be broken

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Alpha always carries to Beta.

I've been in every Blizzard beta except Cata and RoS, no invite yet QQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    No, it random and has nothing to do with how you pay your subscription, I am paid off until 2018 with gold and I got Alpha invite
    It's confirmed the "it's random" argument is completely false. We know they invite based on performance in raids, on performance in pvp and on popularity on the community. So no, stop saying "it's random" because it's confirmed it is not.

Also we have several reports in the raiding forum that people with no raiding progress got an invite, but they had very old subscriptions from 2004 that almost always renewed normally.

It's confirmed the "it's random" argument is completely false. We know they invite based on performance in raids, on performance in pvp and on popularity on the community. So no, stop saying "it's random" because it's confirmed it is not.

Also we have several reports in the raiding forum that people with no raiding progress got an invite, but they had very old subscriptions from 2004 that almost always renewed normally.
    And then there are players that have never been banned, have been a top tier raider since forever, never missed a day in their subscription since WoW released and still didn't get an invite.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm a very casual raider (13/13H in August of last year, Heroic Blackhand like 3 weeks before 6.2). I don't PvP competitively, at all, and nobody knows who the fuck I am outside of my guild and I got in.

I'm sure they do invite on a wide-range of things (equal number of casual, less-casual, slightly hardcore, hardcore, etc) but I truly believe some of it is random. Nobody else in my guild has ever gotten an invite aside from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Yeah but I want to see that I have beta so I can not worry about it. >
    Why "Worry" about whether you can play an unfinished version of a game. You either get it or you dont.

If you were actually "worried" you should go find some friends that work at blizzard and get on their friends and family list to ensure you get ALL betas/alphas in the first wave or 2 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for random invites...
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

This gets spewed out every beta invite.

Yes. Some people have their accounts flagged based on raiding/pvp/popularity. Those are also the ones that mostly got into this version of Alpha and the usual first waves of Beta. (I consider this more a less a "second" wave of Beta since the Alpha was a bit different and NOT under an NDA this go round)

It's still a completely random event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud7928 View Post
    And then there are players that have never been banned, have been a top tier raider since forever, never missed a day in their subscription since WoW released and still didn't get an invite.
    Yes it might be partly random. But saying flat "it's random" is just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    It's still a completely random event.
    How can you say the opposite in two consecutive lines in your own post? Yes, of course it may be partly random. But you know, and you wrote yourself, that it is not entirely random (or as you just said "completely random event").

It really does seem to be completely random though i must say i signed up to be a beta tester the day legion was announced so iam not sure if it was a case of first in the que but iam guessing its not and its just pure RNG on who gets picked.

Well anyway seeing how iam a unlucky person who has somehow gotten a golden ticket like charlie bucket iam off to buy a lottery ticket before god takes away my luck again LOL

Vanion are giving away another 100 keys with an announcement for it tomorrow (it's in the first two paragraphs).

http://www.vanion.eu/gewinnspiel/aus...nspiel-1-14555

Yes it might be partly random. But saying flat "it's random" is just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you say the opposite in two consecutive lines in your own post? Yes, of course it may be partly random. But you know, and you wrote yourself, that it is not entirely random (or as you just said "completely random event").
    Because the first line I mentioned is nothing new and everyone knows that they are always the ones invited first. It's been that way for just about ever. It is still completely random for the rest of the playerbase that isn't the criteria you mentioned.

so do you guys think we will get another build this week because of the beta?