Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I need to c the final forms, they don't look to great and the water one is complete trash. Nothing beats gen 1

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Things that will make me 100% play Gen 7 Pokemon games if all present, and may sway me to play if partially present:

- IVs gone. Completely.
    - EVs, moves, skills/traits/personality/whatever easily assignable and reassignable (think Diablo 3) in safe zones (like PokeCenters).
    - NFE Pokemon with natural advantages over FE Pokemon (like more Speed).
    - Make evolution reversible.
    - An item that lets me temporarily evolve NFE Pokemon in battle, and they un-evolve after (Digimon style). Slap that on an Eevee!
    - The new Water starter becomes either Water/Fire or Water/Fighting.
    - Ice gets one or two more resistances. No more, though, because you'd break Ice, given it's a great offensive type.
    - Way, way, way, way faster leveling.
    - Mega Pichu.
    Much as I dislike it in other games, I think level scaling would be a nice addition, preferably as a toggleable feature.

Some pretty nice fan art already.

But anyway, I'm predicting:

Rowlet: Grass/Flying
    Litten: Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison (Seeing as the head marking kinda looks like the sulfur symbol)
    Popplio: Water/Fairy

The owl kinda reminds of Wan Shi Tong from the Avatar TV show, maybe the final form would look like something similar?

Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2016-05-10 at 11:01 PM.

That or the cosmic owl from adventure time

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    When are they going to make a game with scandinavian influence? They should totes do it. Like the bad guys could be Vikings and the legendaries could be norse influenced. And the region could be like scandinavia, with more woodland and lakes to the east (Sweden) and more beaches and farmland to the south (Denmark) And then finally a very mountainous west (Norway).
    There are some norse influence in X and Y even though it takes place in a region based on France.

Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are based off Norse mythology.

- - - Updated - - -

Things that will make me 100% play Gen 7 Pokemon games if all present, and may sway me to play if partially present:

- IVs gone. Completely.
    - EVs, moves, skills/traits/personality/whatever easily assignable and reassignable (think Diablo 3) in safe zones (like PokeCenters).
    - NFE Pokemon with natural advantages over FE Pokemon (like more Speed).
    - Make evolution reversible.
    - An item that lets me temporarily evolve NFE Pokemon in battle, and they un-evolve after (Digimon style). Slap that on an Eevee!
    - The new Water starter becomes either Water/Fire or Water/Fighting.
    - Ice gets one or two more resistances. No more, though, because you'd break Ice, given it's a great offensive type.
    - Way, way, way, way faster leveling.
    - Mega Pichu.
    - Given how easy it is to breed for IVs you must be joking.
    - No, that takes away any randomness.
    - There are some.
    - Pokemon isn't digimon
    - Pokemon isn't digimon
    - No, a starter shouldn't gain a type of another starter type. And fighting would be okay.
    - What resistances would you give them? I could see Bug and Dark, maybe.
    - It is already too fast for my taste.
    - Megas are for fully evolved pokemon only (At this time)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice should resist grass and water TBH. Or water should be weak to ice. One or the other.

- Given how easy it is to breed for IVs you must be joking.
    IVs are pretty pointless. You will always want 31 IVs across the board or at least 5 31 instead of 6. It's not like EVs where it customizes what kind of direction you want your pokemon to be (a tank, physical damage, etc) it's just pointless stats that are there for the sake of being there.

I don't even bother with IVs anymore, getting them is stupid boring RNG.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    IVs are pretty pointless. You will always want 31 IVs across the board or at least 5 31 instead of 6. It's not like EVs where it customizes what kind of direction you want your pokemon to be (a tank, physical damage, etc) it's just pointless stats that are there for the sake of being there.

I don't even bother with IVs anymore, getting them is stupid boring RNG.
    you dont really need IVs to get trough the main game anyway its just if you really are in competitive battling otherwise I would just say screw it imma gonna catch the pokemons I like.

Filling the Dex has become more of challenge tough I just hope the Global trade isnt flooded with bogus trades again like a level 2 caterpie for a level 100 mew.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played a new Pokemon game since Ruby & Sapphire came out. Since then, I have lost count on every new Pokemon game that comes out and every new Pokemon that gets added to the Pokedex. I don't even know how many Pokemon are there now.
    Though, those designs do look kind of cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuffels View Post
    Thank god the characters have normal sized heads..

Can't wait for it to come out!
    Female trainer (which I always pick anyway) has that goofy (chicken glove hat which i like) though.

Game is looking great and I'll be picking up the Moon version (getting Sun for my brother). Litten will be my starter choice!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    IVs gone. Completely.
    I don't mind the concept, but the IV model involves way too much RNG and grindy shit. Giving the player much more control or influence over the process would make me happy.

EVs, moves, skills/traits/personality/whatever easily assignable and reassignable (think Diablo 3) in safe zones (like PokeCenters).
    I feel like you'd be better off changing the entire combat/stat system than doing that, as simply making them configurable in a vacuum would have side effects like making personality feel redundant.

Way, way, way, way faster leveling.
    I know it's not 'Way, way, way, way' faster, but the X&Y/ORAS gen XP share already took it to about 'Way, way' faster. It at least guarantees that you can play through the story without grinding or clearing all trainers while still keeping ahead of the levelling curve. It also forms a nice difficulty switch for people who want a harder, slower game.

Once you reach the endgame point, it was always only a matter of letting noob pokemon leech xp from high level fights. A number of verses modes also scaled your pokemon up with their EVs intact didn't they?

I think what would better serve your needs is some kind of a 'Quick Play' mode where you get to take people/NPCs on with a designed dream team. The risk of course is that just about everyone would play that instead because it's the path of least resistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any news on any Eevee evolution?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Oh my gosh I just cannot decide between the starters or the main games!!!

I would love to see what the starters turn into, but then I sort of don't want to and want it to be a surprise...anyone with me on this? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post

I would love to see what the starters turn into, but then I sort of don't want to and want it to be a surprise...anyone with me on this? :<
    I haven't seen any images, but from what I heard they turn into dark types, so the grass/flying becomes grass/dark? or something? And the fire kitty, turns into fire/dark?

There are a lot of combos that don't exist yet, I hope they start working on them.

http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/186415...hat-dont-exist
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post

I used to go in after devouring all the info, a habit from when i got a very early printing of the red and blue guide back in like 1999 or something, but for X i went in doing a completely blind Nuzlocke run and my experience was far better than when you know whats coming.

Think of areas like the haunted rotom mansion in diamond and pearl as a good example of stuff its better to have no idea about and stumble upon in a blind run.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well for now Rowlet is winning for my starter choice but we will have to see which one clintches the win with the evolutions.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Well for now Rowlet is winning for my starter choice but we will have to see which one clintches the win with the evolutions.
    predictions
    >rowlett: Noctowl in a leaf tuxedo/waistcoat
    >litten: Mega Lopunny level furrybait
    >Popplio: Circus ringleader digimon/robpon

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Let's just hope it's not another Fenekin / Froakie type scenario like last time. Majority liked Fenekin, saw the last evolution and then jumped shipped to Froakie who was the least liked first stage evolution :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Let's just hope it's not another Fenekin / Froakie type scenario like last time. Majority liked Fenekin, saw the last evolution and then jumped shipped to Froakie who was the least liked first stage evolution :P
    I should have never even evolved Fennekin. Braixen was ok, but man each evolution just got worse.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I used to go in after devouring all the info, a habit from when i got a very early printing of the red and blue guide back in like 1999 or something, but for X i went in doing a completely blind Nuzlocke run and my experience was far better than when you know whats coming.

Think of areas like the haunted rotom mansion in diamond and pearl as a good example of stuff its better to have no idea about and stumble upon in a blind run.

I really think blind runs are indeed more fun, like for the first 3 generations I never knew what was coming as I wasn't on the internet at that age so when I chose starters it was whatever looked best, then was surprised by the end which was great (yellow pikachu, cyndaquil, torchic). So...gonna try to be as blind as possible now, at least pokemon design wise, though I wouldn't mind knowing features or gameplay changes.

PS; me and my fiance talked long into the evening; he will get Moon, I will get Sun, he wants Rowlet and I will get Popplio :P

Now....to leave the internet for 6 months so I don't spoil anything ._.