Thread: Beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Flagging isn't done yet. Flagging is manually, can you read? Manually. It's a few people doing it and generally a big wave takes 24 hours. A big wave could easily mean 60k or 100k or even 200k. You can safely assume it will be done by the time beta servers are up, but until then it's probably still ongoing.
    Manually flagging 200k people? I am quite confident it is automated.

Deleted
    Saw something on the interwebz that anybody that had anything bad to say about legacy servers, won't get an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by kristijan View Post
    I'm sorry if I offended someone, but this isn't fair.. To someone who spends 10h per day on game doesn't get an invite, and when someone who plays 1h per week or even unactive account gets invite. Just not fair
    Playing more than someone else doesn't mean you're more worthy of an invite.

Deleted
    Take a look at @Muffinus's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/...865282049?s=09

Still rolling out boys hype is not dead

Never been invited to a wow beta and i don't expect that to change this time :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It's cute they thought it was manual - gave me a good laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    I'm sorry if I offended someone, but this isn't fair.. To someone who spends 10h per day on game doesn't get an invite, and when someone who plays 1h per week or even unactive account gets invite. Just not fair
    Eh I'd agree but random is random. I don't play WoD because there is nothing I can do to have fun. Even forcing myself I can't do much more than an hour per week. But before the worst thing in the universe WoD I played 3-5 hours on a week day and 6+ on a weekened. I would spend a TON of my time on beta I'd likely stop touching live if I got beta and test the shizzle out of it. Meanwhile a lot of people who get it aren't even going to use it. But it is what it is...
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Playing more than someone else doesn't mean you're more worthy of an invite.
    Kind of is since you are more of a valuable customer and more likely to test more stuff than the 1 hour per week scrub.

Honestly if it is true that players that were recently banned and other that do not have active subscription for a while now are getting Beta invites over the rest of the players it feels like Blizzard doesn't really care anymore and takes the player base for granted no matter what they do to them, and truth be told if they already got their money from tons of pre-orders it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    Kind of is since you are more of a valuable customer and more likely to test more stuff than the 1 hour per week scrub.
    You could play all the time and be garbage at whatever you're doing, or play for way less and be really great at what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'll agree I'm a bit salty about the inactive accounts as well (Although congrats to those who will use it! ) Blizzard is best served by using the shotgun approach here. Hitting different groups of consumers who play the game in completely different ways. That's the only way to get a great test off. You don't want ONLY a single group or ONLY one type of player.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Wohoo

I played maybe 2 hours in the last 2 months. Maybe I'll play more again now

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I didnt know that people can be this upset if they dont get an invite. Legion launch is only couple of months away anyway, chill.
    WoW is dead to me until I get beta or legion launches so "only a couple month away" (btw its 4 months) means I'm without my favourite game until then!
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I didnt know that people can be this upset if they dont get an invite. Legion launch is only couple of months away anyway, chill.
    Honestly, for some people, and even myself to an extent, its a status symbol.

I haven't been the best tester in the past, but recently I've tried to change how I play betas and actually discuss issues and contribute to development.

Blizzard thinks you are too busy playing live to test beta, sorry...

Honestly, this fucking sucks. Everyone and their brother is posting on the forums that they have been invited. But here I am, still lacking beta access. I've checked my account multiple times every day...since November. I'm so sick of being disappointed.

"We have a large wave coming with a ton of invites!"

Yeah, whatever. I don't even know why I bothered getting excited. I always have shit luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The accounts are automatically selected and flagged, but they still have to go over them to confirm or fix possible license issues.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    It is manual

I know some dev is spending hundreds of man hours looking over peoples armoury to see how many mythic bosses they have downed, how long they have been subbed, how many blizz products they have purchased including how many pepe plushies they have bought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    It's cute because it actually was said somewhere in a tweet by the QA team back in WoD.